Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Atiniir Starrider's Beskar'gam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: Personal battle armor for Atiniir Starrider
Development Thread:
In the Days of Yore (Initial forging by Kal Starrider)
Not Gone, Merely Marching Far Away (Atiniir finds the armor on Onderon)
The Broken Shield (Armor is repaired and modified)
Manufacturer: Mandalorian Armorsmith, [member="Basaba Willamina"] (repairs and modifications)
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Atiniir Starrider
Modularity: The weapons inside the gauntlets can be changed out
Production: Unique
Material: Beskar, tubing, various components
Classification: Multipurpose
Weight: 25 kg
Quality: 8 (Beskar construction, but gaps in the armor)
Special Features:
Wrist Mounted Deployable Blades (each hand)
Wrist Mounted Rocket Launcher
Wrist Mounted Dart Launcher
Wrist Mounted Grapple Line
Wrist Mounted Flamethrower
Magnetic Holsters on Back and Both Thighs
Jetpack
Heads-Up Display
Strengths:
  • Beskar construction makes the armor very resistant to damage
  • Various gauntlet weapons allow for a high range of versatility
  • Heads-up Display allows for greater combat awareness,and can be controlled with eyes only
  • Jetpack allows for aerial mobility
Weaknesses:
  • Armor is heavy, and reduces the wearer's overall dexterity
  • To reduce weight, the armor has gaps. The upper leg and arm is unprotected, giving a target for a skilled sniper
  • Heads-up Display can be shorted out
  • Heavy damage can cause the jetpack to malfunction
  • The flamethrower is connected to a napalm tank by a tube. If the tube is severed, the tank will empty rapidly.
Description: The armor is a basic set of Mandalorian armor, albeit with some special modifications made by both Atiniir's father and Atiniir himself. The armor originated as the personal armor of Kal Starrider, and when Kal was killed on Onderon, his armor was left behind to rust. Atiniir found the armor sometime later, with the assistance of one [member="Brent Warnel"], but the armor by this time was rusted and degraded so much it was unusable. Atiniir took it to Mandalore, where he had it repaired and modified. The armor consists of a chestplate, backplate, helmet, neck protection, shoulder plates, gauntlets, codpiece, belt, greaves, boots, and knee guards. The gauntlets are an arsenal in themselves, possessing a dart launcher, rocket launcher, grapple line, flamethrower, and two retractable blades made from the same beskar as the armor. There are gaps in the armor, to cut down on weight, but the parts that are protected can sustain remarkable amounts of damage before being destroyed. The Heads-Up Display inside the helmet can be operated by the user blinking and moving his eyes around, allowing it to be used even if the wearer is completely immobile, such as when being Force-choked. The armor is decorated red and black, for both honoring a father and justice.
Primary Source: N/A

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

ADM. Reshmar

[member="Atiniir Starrider"]

Atiniir Starrider said:
Repairing and Modifying the Armor
This is not an in character thread and should be removed.

Atiniir Starrider said:
Locating Father's Old Armor
This does not cover the restricted material requirement for Beskar for Mandalorians

Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.
All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge. ))

You will need a 10 post forging thread to cover the Beskar requirement for Mandalorian Characters.

[member="Reshmar"]
1. Had the wrong thread linked, fixed now
2. Can I do a sort of "flashback" thread as Atiniir's father forging the armor so I don't have to completely throw out what is a very good piece of story? Or is there no such thing as inheriting and I always need to make the armor myself?

ADM. Reshmar

Atiniir Starrider said:
2. Can I do a sort of "flashback" thread as Atiniir's father forging the armor so I don't have to completely throw out what is a very good piece of story? Or is there no such thing as inheriting and I always need to make the armor myself?
sure that would be fine just add a few posts about how it was forged and it will be good

This is being archived for inactivity. Please notify either myself or another RPJ or Administrator to have this removed from the archives when you wish to continue.

Development thread links must be the full titles of the threads. Feel free to explain what each one is after the hyperlink, but the thread name must be the hyperlinked text.

Is this ready to go concerning required development and any possible last-minute edits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom