Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AT-R33 "Rapture" Gunship Drone

A_33_Sonneillon_by_thedarkbanditking.jpg
Image Credit: TDBK
Intent: To create a highly intelligent and destructive droid gunship capable of wreaking sheer havoc on the battlefield.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Mirage/ArmTech Systems Inc.
Model: AT-R33
Affiliation: Military [Must Apply for Purchase]
Modularity: Yes, this craft can also be used as a platform to perform other kinds of roles such as troop transportation, medical evacuation or even a Skycrane variant in exchange for a lot of its' weaponry.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Durasteel, Iron Ball Paint, Plasteel receptor covers
Description: When droid precision and decision making along with a powerful craft, it can lead to some truly devastating effects, and that was just what this gunship was designed to do, pair an incredibly destructive ship with all of the droid perks, and no organic pilot disadvantages.

What is most striking about the ship is its appearance, sleek black Iron Ball Paint keeps the ship pretty much invisible at dusk, and also its vast array of weaponry, including two powerful rotating laser cannons, a heavier repeating cannon underneath the craft to aid in disposing of heavy fortifications or vehicles. Along with 6 missile launchers, firing the good old versatile concussion variants.

But the most innovative part of this craft is obviously the drone systems, which are completely autonomous and stores up to 12 different "brains" which each handle their own tasks, however the more powerful ones are confined to piloting the craft along with targeting and weapons operation, this gives this craft a notable increase in accuracy and target acquisition.

The ship is also decked out with incredible thrust-vector systems, allowing the drone to quickly come to a halt in mid air and keep it airborne.

However the drone does lack organic "intuition" in exchange for more destructive ability and accuracy, and the drone also comes up short against interceptors and other fast craft so this ship is mostly reserved for ground battles taking out armored targets.

Multiple Raptures can also communicate information with one another to form battle plans, execute formations or warn eachother of dangers ahead, this is in an aim to make up for some of the lost intuition that is obvious in an unmanned craft.

Classification: Gunship
Role: Attack Gunship
Height: 11 foot tall with skid pads deployed
Width: 5 meters
Length: 23 meters
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Ionization Reactor
Hyperdrive Rating: 1.0
Minimum Crew: N/A
Optimal Crew: N/A
Armaments:

• 6 Concussion Warhead Launchers (6 warheads each with 4 Cluster Munitions each)
  • 1 front-mounted laser cannon capable of rotating 270°
  • 2 rotating laser cannons (1 on each side) capable of rotating 180°
  • 1 Heavy Repeating Cannon underneath the craft
  • 2 Ion Repeaters hidden in compartments on the side of the craft
Hangar:
  • None.
Non-Combative Attachments:
  • Movement Receptors
  • Highly efficient droid brains
  • Flares/Chaff countermeasures
  • Heat Seeking Systems
  • Tracker
  • Communication System
  • Air Radar
  • Ground Radar
Passenger Capacity: N/A
Cargo Capacity: 500kg, mostly used to deliver weapons and ammunition or other items to ground troops if neccessary.
Consumables: N/A
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: 4

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Gabriel Audemars"]
Alright, I'm going to be looking this over. I'm at work at the moment though, but should have some free time in approximately 1-2 hours depending on my dispatcher, though. I'll fully judge it then.

That's said, your warhead launcher can only be Standard or Cluster munitions. Cluster munitions carry a x4 modifier to warhead weapon systems.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Gabriel Audemars"]
Mkay, first off, my apologies for not getting to this when I said I would. I got slammed at work and got sidetracked, then promptly took a day or two to recover lol Anyways, back to business.

Alright, the edits made were a little... off. Gunships get 6 warhead launchers and you've got the tubes, but you're shooting for a cluster munition. Cluster warheads are calculated with the x4 modifier for the tubes, not the ammo. So, a standard launcher tube has a value of 1. If you want it to be a cluster munition, you use the x4 modifier and apply it to the standard. The standard 1 is now a 4 and you have, in this instance, 2 more launchers to fiddle with. 6 warhead launchers with cluster munitions would be 24 warhead launcher tubes, which is far over the limit for Gunships. With a standard layout, you could carry a single Cluster Munition Warhead Launcher and two standard launchers, but not 6 cluster launchers total.

As for the rest of the guns, you have 6 cannons from the guide and 4 proton bombs. Just looking at the ship, you have no proton bombs and the following guns:
  • 1 front-mounted laser cannon capable of rotating 270° (this is a standard cannon and worth 1 point)
  • 2 rotating laser cannons (1 on each side) capable of rotating 180° (Again, standard and worth 1 point each for 2 points total)
  • 1 Heavy Repeating Cannon underneath the craft (Heavy repeating cannon is a x2 for heavy and a x2 for repeating, making this a total of 4 points)
  • 2 Ion Repeaters hidden in compartments on the side of the craft (Two repeaters at x2 means they're 2 points each for a total of 4)

So, in total, you have 11 gun points. Now, you don't have any proton bombs, so I'll have to speak with the other Starship Judges about if you can swap them to gun points and, if so, how much they're worth. I'll get back to you as soon as I can about that.

Also, because of the abilities this ship has, the things it can do in the description, and the size of Mirage as a company, I'm going to ask for a dev thread on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom