Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask the Staff

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

You make good points. I guess it's my fault for assuming what to do. If anything, I've become much more interested in war affairs, but I'd have to move to the military to do that, and I'm not sure if that would annoy some people.

skin, bone, and arrogance
Max Fel said:
[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

You make good points. I guess it's my fault for assuming what to do. If anything, I've become much more interested in war affairs, but I'd have to move to the military to do that, and I'm not sure if that would annoy some people.
Don't worry about "people" -- it's your character and you should write what you want to write :)

[member="Max Fel"] No harm in asking questions my friend.

If I were to give you advice, I would suggest you stay with the government. If you're looking to be loosely involved with the military, you already have that. You have command over all your area's paramilitary forces. You could use them to help with an invasion or dominion, or provide levies for conscription when war arises. You could oversee the construction of military bases and defenses on your planet.

But I mean if you want to be all military, all the time, then yeah, join the military.

Progflaw99

It very much depends on what you mean by 'Sector Forces'. Stormtroopers are the bulk of our expeditionary forces and are the only troops stationed on large naval vessels, but if you're talking regular ground forces (Planetary) it's more like traditional forces, less armored than troopers.

That being said, think of it like this.

Stormtroopers are essentially the "Active Duty" of our forces, they get stationed on Star Destroyers, Corvettes, Cruisers and the like. As well, they can also be assigned to a planetary garrison, so you have some freedom there. Planetary Defense Forces, picture like the Coast Guard. Still military but 1. Not Stormtroopers and 2. They don't leave the planet. But, if you're wanting to join troopers, there is the planetary garrison option, asduming you want to remain a gov figure as well.

Planetary Defense Forces are equipped with a standard of body armor, helmets, etc but ultimately it comes down to their environment, as each planet has a different vibe.

[member="Max Fel"]

skin, bone, and arrogance
WD-334 said:
Would this be for Plot/Mission ideas as well? Cause I have an idea that I have shared (before this, I think) , but wasn't sure if I had to share it on here too.
You can post a plot/mission idea here, or in the mission planning thread as its own thread, depending on your preference.

[member="Max Fel"] A while ago I had the idea of submitting an actual planetary paramilitary unit for the Moffs and other government characters to control, but never got around to setting it in stone. If you want to do so, feel free to write up something and we'll take a look at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom