Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ashwood, the Staff of Rapax

Status
Not open for further replies.
A S H W O O D

Mal-Staff-04.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Darth Metus
  • Model: Bo Staff
  • Affiliation: Personal (Rapax)
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Resinwood, Synthetic Crystal
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Staff
  • Size: Two-Handed
  • Length: 1.4 meters
  • Weight: 1.3 kilograms
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Eases the difficulty in taming beasts to a modest degree.
STRENGTHS
  • Hunger: By uttering the incantation carved into the staff's length, one can bolster their ability to influence non-sentient minds.
  • Aroma: Ashwood naturally bears a sweet, smokey smell.
WEAKNESSES
  • Control: This artifact merely aides in the act of Beast Control, it does not grant the user instant control by any means. It is up to the wielder to exercise his own dominion over the creature.
  • Neutral: Entering into a Force-Neutral space, such as a Ysalamari Bubble, will nullify the staff's augmentation abilities.
  • Defense: Although polished and treated, Ashwood has minimal combat utility. Blasters, Blades, and Lightsabers can easily destroy it.
DESCRIPTION

Ashwood is the name of the staff personally crafted by Darth Metus. It is a token of recognition from the Sith Lord to the freshly anointed Shaman of the Jart.

At a glance, the staff lives up to its moniker. Its form was initially born of Resinwood recovered from Mandalore - charred black by the recent calamity. What's more, an amber crystal is affixed to the apex of the staff; making up the seat of Ashwood's power. Spanning the length of the wood are several words etched in the Twi'lek tongue, forming an incantation. When uttered, the crystal reacts with a brilliant glow, before providing a boon to the wielder's own Beast Control abilities. Ashwood, itself, does not bestow complete control, but rather makes the task easier to accomplish.

However. Should the wielder successfully exercise his own dominion over the creature, he will have found in it a powerful tool.

Atlas Kane

A
Summoning a Derriphan would be considered more on the Major Force Benefits side of things, as they have the ability to completely consume a living beings' thoughts and experiences, a fairly powerful ability in itself. I will have to ask for a restricted mission to be done with the Major Force Benefit objective.

A clause saying that the extent of damage is ultimately up to the affected writer would also be needed.

[member="Darth Metus"]

[member="Atlas Kane"]

Wrote the story of how Rapax came into possession of Ashwood. It's not lengthy, as I'd be doing the factory a disservice by throwing together something that's utter garbage - but it does tell the complete story and fulfills the objective. Linked above.

Disclaimer added as well.

Atlas Kane

A
First of all, it was a pleasure reading the thread so far, very well written and a very neat idea!

However the RM objective asks for a quest the character must embark on to fulfil the objective, a letter sadly does not meet that requirement. Could you add a few more posts in which this quest is undertaken? You can keep the letter-style by having the posts be day-by-day letters detailing what transpired each day, or switch to a different style, as long as it tells a complete story.

I'll be looking forward to reading any further posts! ^_^

[member="Darth Metus"]

[member="Atlas Kane"]

The kind words are most appreciated.

I've reworked the submission to be more in line with the standards. I feel as though this update, coupled with the development that was done, should be enough to pass. Let me know if there's anything that needs clarification/adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom