Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Asha's Heavy Recon Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
female_mando_warrior_by_atuarre-da8uyl7.jpg

Image Source: Atuarre on DeviantArt

Intent: Asha Sasi's personal armor, an heirloom of her dead mother.

Development Thread: Memories - Asha returns home after many years, and learns of her mother's fate...

Manufacturer: Unspecified Mandalorian Smith.
Model: Heavy Reconnaissance Beskar'gam.
Affiliation: Only Asha.
Modularity: Limited. It can be done, but it is expensive to do. In addition, the mods must be compatable with the armor's core systems.
Production: Unique. (Only available to Asha, a major NPC.)

Material: Mandalorian Iron, Carbon fibers, HUD components.

Designation: Multipurpose.
Weight: 25 kg
Classification:
Ballistics- 10
Energy- 10
Lightsaber- 8
Melee- 9
Force- 1

Special Features: Mandalorian Iron, Advanced HUD.

Strengths:

+Mandalorian Iron- believed to be nigh indestructible by many non-Mandos, they know the truth of it. Any metal will wear down over time, but the highest grade Beskar will hold out against practically anything for a very long time.

+Advanced Heads Up Display: Asha's HUD allows her an abnormally heightened spatial awareness. The monitor affords her a 360 degree field of vision, and the communications unit is refined enough to pick up movement in adjacent rooms. Additionally, the aim assist system is top-of-the-line.

Weaknesses:

-Overheating: With concentrated fire, the beskar will eventually hear up and possibly render certain systems damaged or useless. Discretion is advised. Additionally, if the metal becomes too hot, it could potentially burn Asha's flesh.

-No Bells or Whistles: What you see is what you get with this armor. It's highly useful at what it does, but it adds very little to its bearer's arsenal. (Getting punched by a beskar fist sucks, though.)

-Heavy: Asha won't be moving like a swan in this suit. She's built to endure while wearing it, which subsequently means she'll end up behind everyone else in a march.

Description: Once owned by her mother, Asha's Beskar'gam is a durable, heavier weighted armor intended to soak up shots and allow her freedom to move on the battlefield even under fire. It's composition is some of the highest grade Beskar forged by contemporary smiths in Keldabe. The plates use a predominantly beskar blend with carbon fibers to reduce the cumbersome nature of the metal; for as heavy as the armor is, it could be much heavier.

Unlike most Mandalorian warriors in contemporary times, Asha sports an Advanced HUD suite, complete with high grade scanners and targeting systems. Her communications array includes a long range comm unit, a HoloNet transmitter, and short range comms for more discreet conversation. This makes her ideal for situations that require teamwork or a more subtle touch. It is not an armor designed for close range combat, evinced by the lack of any weapons systems or hidden weaponry. In terms of Bounty Hunter 'gam, Asha's might be a bit limiting, but she's invaluable as a member of her unit.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Alkor Centaris said:
Development Thread: Memories - Asha returns home after many years, and learns of her mother's fate...
I thoroughly enjoyed your development thread: I feel it was worth the time to read even if I wasn't judging this. So I feel bad when I say that I'm not sure if it meets the requirements for obtaining beskar. From the banned/restricted items thread:

Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.
All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge. ))
Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

As far as I can tell, Asha is affiliated with the Mandalorian Empire, which doesn't control Concordia or Mandalore, which means the first two objectives must be completed in order to obtain the Mandalorian Iron.

I could almost see a case for Asha running off with the armor at the end as fulfilling the "stealing" option. But as the banned/restricted items thread states, this has to occur in the open roleplaying forum if it's on a planet that the character's faction doesn't control.

I know this will probably require some thread editting, but perhaps Mandalorian steel might be an alternative?

[member="Alkor Centaris"], any chance that the thread could be edited to take place on Echoy'la? I suppose that would require a good portion of rework.

I will talk to the Factory Admin about the possibility of using/adding Echoy'la in this section of the current rule:

Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.

I'll get back to you about this when I have answer.

Edits made to the thread. Relevant: relocated her father from Mandalore to Echoy'la, had him give up the farming business in favor of running one of the mining ops, but kept some of the Keldabe inferences about the reforging of the armor. I hope that minor detail doesn't derail the approval process.

That said, any more feedback would be great!

[member="Gir Quee"]

[member="Alkor Centaris"], I appreciate your willingness to alter your development thread, it will definitely speed things up. I was just going over the restricted materials thread again to make sure everything is kosher:
III. Objectives which require you to visit a planet located within the Influence Cloud of a Major Faction may only be completed in Non-Private threads.
Memories currently is in the private RPing forum as a private thread. It will have to be posted in the open roleplaying forum in order to be used to obtain Mandalorian Iron. Given that your character is associated with the Mandalorian Crusaders, and Echo'lya is under their control, I doubt that this will make a huge practical difference, but it's one of those rules that we have to follow.

Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya
I think her running off with the armor near the end of the thread is sort of a gray area to count as the "stealing" part of the objective. While I think it's clear that her father isn't ready for her (and the armor) to go yet in the last post, the thread also makes it clear that he intends to give the armor to her as a gift.

I'd recommend that when Memories goes to the Open roleplaying forum, that you do some tweaking to make the stealing more clear-cut.

Some possible ideas to maybe clarify the "stealing" objective might be that her father has stipulations for giving it to her which she clearly isn't going to follow. Perhaps her father has some beskar chunks from working the mining op that she runs of with(knowingly or unknowingly) when she leaves. But ultimately, I'm flexible on you accomplish this.

[member="Gir Quee"]

I've edited the final post, reflecting that while he did intend to gift her the armor, he did so with stipulations and she did not consent to them. Their departure is made that much more dramatic over a dev thread. :p

At least it'll be a good story later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom