Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ascension -Part 1-

t8ooP3k.jpg

Knight Mullarus, the Order's newely crowned, at last an Apprentice no more. His chains have finally been broken. The galaxy was now his sandbox. It was time to address the single most important question that has been burning the back of the Knight's mind ever since it popped into his mind during his Republic captivity.

The holocrons and data records point me to a single world in the Outer Rim where numerous Jedi and Sith could escape the hassle of everyday life and seek answers anong a world in which the Force thrives.

Dagobah...

As much as he did not trust the Republic, he would not let whoever it was that had hia family taken from him in such a great act of humiliation walk alive in this galaxy. There were many days where Mullarus would abstain from violence and instead to choose the merciful path. These scum were unworthy of mercy and deserved every ounce of hellfire that Mullarus would cast upon their unholy bodies. So it did not take long for Mullarus to pack up and fly to the Outer Rim to retrace the steps of Luke Skywalker and Galen Marek.

The search for answers had begun.

Almost immedeatly upon landing on the world's surface, the Force seemed to tickle Mullarus' determined mind. Every breath he took felt as if he were breathing in pure Force energies. The planet around him seemed to live and breathe off of the Force as any Jedi and Sith does. He could immedeatly see why one would come here to seek answers, or even to hide as the once great Jedi Grandmaster Yoda did. Even a Jedi, Mullarus would have been honored to shake the hands of such people as Luke Skywalker and Yoda. To have access to the immense knowledge and practice the two of them acquired over the course of their lives would be the greatest honor in the galaxy.

It felt as if Dagobah was speaking to Mullarus. He could not close his eyes for too long, for if he did, his vision would be clouded by the amount of Force aura he could see through Force Sight. Truely, the planet felt so much more alive than a lot of people he had met before. It was...serene. Majestic. Even a swampy marsh world as this.

Dagobah seemed to usher Mullarus, decked out in his Imperial Shield armor, toward a cave. The entrance was covered with hanging moss and plants. It looked as if it hadn't been disturbed in thousands of years.

"Inside, you must go. Here, it is, the answers you seek..."

Had Dagobah spoken to him? Mullarus frantically looked around, then back at the cave's entrance.

"Ended, my time guiding others has. Within, your answers await you. In the mind and concealed within the words of the Shadow, your destiny awaits..."

The moss and plants hanging over the cave entrance fell from high up in the tree branches they hung from. Dagobah had given it's piece, and whatever strange voice he could hear inside of his head that must belong to the planet itself has faded away. Within the cave, Mullarus could indeed feel another presence. Like himself, it was dark. If it decided to try and harm him, he would be ready. He would make war with the heavens themself if it would give him the name of the men who slaughtered his family.

Mullarus took his exotic lightsaber in hand and ignited it. The vast marshes of Dagobah ignited in a violet light, and slowly faded back to grey and green as Mullarus took cautious steps into the cave...

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"You know I'm going to kill you, right? All of you. All of the Sith. I will break the chains of mortality, the chains of simply existing. Everything and everyone will be free. Free, and dead."

Before [member="Knight Mullarus"] was the Shadow of the Dark Lord, blocking the entrance to the cave. He seemed to have come from no where, but his back was turned to the man, and he seemed to make no move to turn around. The gasping noise of someone trying to breath was a clear indication of why. A second voice joined this conversation, young, female. In pain.

"And.. you know.. That's not at all.. What you should want.." Blue hair could easily be seen over the shoulder of Ferus, belonging to the female in his grasp. There was a slight grumble from the man before he threw her deeper into the cave itself. Slowly the man walked after the girl as she quickly went out of sight, still having not noticed the Sith Knight behind him.

"Everything in this galaxy belongs to me. I felt it on Fresia, when I consumed that basin. When I broke my chains. The Dark Lord is the biggest chain any Sith could ever have. He is the essence of stagnation! And the Sith follow him blindly! I will kill him, then the rest, until only I remain. You will understand this, or you will join them all the same!"

Something was clearly off. Shouldn't this man, known to be the leader of the largest Assassin group of this modern age, have heard the lightsaber? Shouldn't he have noticed the boy behind him, a boy loyal to the Sith in such a way that what he said was clearly going to cost him his head? Yet as he went in deeper, his image began to fade. A vision perhaps? Of the future? Or a fear? Deeper in the cave the answers awaited, though as the image of Ferus faded, the peculiar aura the girl let off did not. Was she actually real? Here for the same reason this young Sith was? Only way to find out was to go deeper in.

Suddenly, just before Mullarus stepped inside, an image of [member="Darth Ferus"] appeared inches in front of him. Had he been there before? Was Mullarus not paying attention? There was a girl, too. With blue hair, even. The Dark power inside now felt right in front of him. The Shadow. The voice did mention a Shadow. Wasn't Ferus a Shadow of the Dark Lord?

Before Mullarus could yell to get Ferus' attention, his voice raised and the woman spoke up. He listened to their exchange until the woman was thrown deeper inside. "Ferus!" he yelled, but the man did nothing. He continued his monologue and proceeded further down the cave. Mullarus deactivated his lightsaber, still carrying it in his hand as he followed the Shadow and the blue haired girl deeper within the cave.

The ragged breath of the female could be heard farther in as [member="Knight Mullarus"] followed. Broken, gasping. Pained. She was there before him, on the ground. Both her arms were twisted and bent in ways no limb should be, as if someone had taken and twisted them over themselves. A single black and red eye looked to the knight, full of fear. Full of hate. But her gaze wasn't on the boy. From behind him the voice of the Shadow spoke up, once more as if he had come out of thin air.

"And you. Mullarus. Krux. Do you even know why it is you are Sith? Why are all these weaklings coming here to bother me. Constantly getting in the way. She wont be going anywhere, but you. You could escape. Tell others of my plans!" The ravings of a madman. Red eyes focused in on the younger Sith, crazed, angry. Paranoid. A snap hiss filled the cavern as a golden blade came to life. "I'll break you like her, then absorb you into the melody of souls! Your power will become mine!" Even rambling Ferus began to move, stepping closer and closer. He wasn't in a rush, not yet, but just two steps away he would burst forward, the golden blade poised for a thrust right for the mans chest.

"Die for me! The true Dark Lord!"

The sight of the mangled woman brought a mix of sorrow and anger to Mullarus' heart. Did that bastard Ferus do this? Why? Well, what would one expect from a damn assassin. Operating in the shadows was cowardly enough, but mangling the bodies of young women? That man must have let the power get to his head. But wait, the woman is alive. A single eye stared up at him. That technique Azurea taught Mullarsu, the one that healed wounds at the cost of bringing immense pain to the healer...it seemed it would come in handy now.

Just as Mullarus had placed his hand upon the woman's mangled arm, [member="Darth Ferus"]' voice sounded from behind, causing Mullarus to quickly stand and take his lightsaber in hand.

"Do you even know why it is you are Sith?"

"What? Don't change the damn subject, what did you do to this woman!?"

"Why are all these weaklings coming here to bother me?"

"What? What has gotten into you, assassin!?"

"Tell others of my plans!" Ferus shouted as his oddly-shaped golden lightsaber sprang to life. Mullarus activated his only a split-second after, grasping Bleeding Cross with both hands. "You've gone mad. Mad with power? Or just a lust to spill more blood. This is what happens when you let the Dark Side manipulate you, rather than you controlling it. Isn't it? Darth Ferus, don't make me fight you...this woman needs help!"

No use. "I'll break you like her, then absorb you into the melody of souls! Your power will become mine! Die for me! The true Dark Lord!"

Mad with power, Ferus lashed out at Mullarus. The Sith Knight snapped into a defensive form and quickly deflected the Sith Assassin's crazed, random attacks. Gold and violet collided multiple times, flashing light across the dark, wet cave with the mangled body of the aqua-haired woman only a few feet to the side. Whatever had gone wrong in Ferus' head, Mullarus now faced. This could be used to his advantage. If he truely had lost his mind, he would not tap into his renowned Sith Assassin skills. Mullarus could tell Ferus was not doing so. He strikes felt too simple to parry.

Regardless of whether Ferus was not trying very hard, Mullarus was not about to show much mercy against a man who would do such horrible things to a young woman. Why? And why way out here on Dagobah? Was this a vision? Was this all a test for Mullarus? Test or not, his blood ran hot for Ferus. He wanted to make this man scream in pain just as he likely did to this girl.

Mullarus threw a hand forward to Force Push Ferus back against a wall. If successful, Mullarus would attempt to throw forth a Force Grip and subdue the Assassin with a firm fist around his throat.

Ferus found himself on even footing with [member="Knight Mullarus"] as the two began to trade blows. But even in as crazed of a state as the Sith Lord was, he didn't seem to tire. No matter how many blows struck out, his breath never shifted. He seemed to be as still as a statue. But even statues can crumble. A gap in his defense was clear, wide enough for the younger Sith to slam him into the smooth cavern wall to a devastating effect. But he did not drop, no. Instead, he hung there by his throat, the Force closing down around his airways. He was going to choke.

He laughed. A full bellied laugh. His voice seemed to come out of his mouth, and it did, but how was that possible when he was being choked? Ferus was not human, no matter how much he looked it. He did not need to breath, not the same way Krux might. White skin slowly began to darken to the blackest night as his red eyes focused on the deceived. Once more the Sith Lord spoke, laughing all the way through.

"Look at you! Caring for this girl? We both know that's a lie. You were trained by Jekyll! That old Sith was willing to kill his kids to get what he wanted. There's no way his prodigy would be so willing to protect another out of the kindness of his own heart!" More laughing, though the crazed look became something far more savage. Once the skin turned completely black the grip would be broken, shattered. Darth Ferus was a Sith Lord, not feared because of his stealth, but his rage. The black coloring shown on his flesh was a mark of untamed rage and hate, a sign of this monster's soul. War was not something that snack up on you, but sacked you right in the face.

Faster now he came again for the boy, his golden blade lashing out again and again. Stronger, less guided. Random. There was no skill, just raw unrelenting power. The Sith was a savage man, and he would not speak again. The blood lust had taken hold, and he would not stop until come of them lay dead.

Jekyll

Kill his kids

Prodigy...

That was it. But...was it? "Wha- No...No! You don't- Nobody- Agh! Leave my grandfather out of this!" The conflict with [member="Darth Ferus"] was like two children with foam sticks compared to the now war brewing inside of Mullarus' head. The words repeated themselves. Jekyll. Killed his kids. Prodigy. Jekyll. Killed his kids. Prodigy.

Ever since Mullarus' promotion to Sith Knight, he had a feeling in his gut about Lord Jekyll, the elderly Sith Lord. He was always crazed with power, but not the kind of power most Sith seek. He was always obsessed with leaving a legacy in the galaxy. He couldnt do so with his daughter, Margaret, not born with that connection to the Force, nor marrying a man with it. But their only son...

Mullarus refused to believe it. His grandfather wouldnt have his own daughter murdered just to...

Ferus is mad. He knows nothing.

As Mullarus' conflict grew, so did his anger. His grip tightened, but Ferus slipped out of it and came flying toward him like a bolt from a crossbow. The Assassin's gold lightsaber collided with Mullarus' into a brief lock, where Mullarus shoved against the man with all of his hatred. "You...you're insane!" he said with grit teeth. "You don't know anything about my family! Don't feed me your lies!"

A hollow scream would be the only response [member="Knight Mullarus"] would find. A scream, and a crack. The face of the Sith Lord seemed to fracture, break. As his mouth opened for the scream, black was all that could be seen within. But his mouth did not open to a normal length. Like a snake, the mouth opened wider and wider, until all that Ferus's face was, was the gaping maw willed with darkness. Within this darkness a single image came to existence. The image of Jekyll and the bounty hunters paid to play as the republic. The image moved, going from a picture to a movie. Their voices could be heard, as well as the deal.

The vision ended as the two shook hands, and the uncaring grin of Krux's Grandfather was clear as day. He had paid to have his children killed. To influence Mullarus to become a Sith. The image lingered for just a moment before Ferus's jaw snapped shut, and red eyes burned, wide as a beasts. The truth was out, but the beast still hungered for blood.

He didn't understand how, but the truth was displayed for him in a horrifying way. Come to think of it, Mullarus couldn't tell which was scarier. The method he was shown the slide show, or the show itself.

There was no more denying this. Mullarus' fears had been confirmed. This was the fate of his family. It was never the Republic that took them from him. It was his own grandfather.

Endless rage overcame Mullarus as he lifted his lightsaber again and lashed out with all of his hatred at @Darth Ferus. His hatred for the Republic had been a lie all of his life. Was it the Sith's fault? No. His grandfather was a man of lies and deceit. Like Jekyll, Mullarus vyed to see this man perish by his own blade. He cried a battle cry as he lashed out at Ferus, feeling the most power coarse through his veins than ever before. The Dark Side empowered him through his sudden influx of anger.

Anger. Hate. These feelings were some of the most powerful. Those who could wield it became those many feared, perhaps even envied. But anger made you blind. Hate made you deaf. If you could not control these emotions, they would control you. And kill you. Ferus was no exception. Blinded by his mad rage the Sith Lord felt his blade go up. Oh how he wanted to bring it back down. Oh how he felt the sudden rush to kill [member="Knight Mullarus"] . He was close, oh so close. But slow. Finally the signs of tiredness showed, and as he went to bring the golden blade back down he found himself met with something he did not expect. Krux, and his anger. The Bleeding Cross ripped through his upper torso, severing him in two. Without a word he fell back, his saber shutting off. But as hr fell his image faded, the caves test seemingly finished.

With the sounds of violence ceased, the small whimpers of the girl with mangled arms filled the room. She had woken, and pulled herself into a corner. Well, kicked. With her arms as broken as they were, only her feet could get her away from the fight. Those red eyes stared on, watching her tormenter fall and fade away. Was she free? But her eyes went to the other man, a man too so filled with rage. And she felt fear. "Can I go?" Despite her fear, her voice was sarcastic as ever. A defense she seemed to have despite not remembering who she was, or why she was even here.

Mullarus had never slain a fellow sith before. But was this really Darth Ferus? Likely not, as when his lightsaber's blade cleaved through Ferus' torso, his image seemed to dissapear like dust in the wind. It must have been a test from Dagobah, the world that seemed to live and breathe like a normal sentient being. Mullarus stood there for a moment, still grasping his lightsaber with both hands, his mind racing with a lust for vengeance. More importantly, justice. The old bastard Lord Jekyll would face justice for what he did. For dragging young Krux Mullarus down into an abyss called the Dark Side just to fulfill his own obsessions. Despite how powerful Mullarus had become up to this day, where he finds himself striking down the Shadow of the Dark Lord himself in single combat, he still wishes his life had not taken that dark turn and that he could have just joined the Imperial Navy like he always wanted. To grow up in the eyes of his mother and father and to hear them tell him they were proud of the only son they raised.

Suddenly, the cave filled with the voice of the girl Ferus had toyed with minutes before his duel with the insane Sith Lord. Mullarus grabbed a hold of his intense passion and shut his lightsaber off, making his way to her. "Don't be ridiculous, girl, you aren't going anywhere in the condition you're in...give me a moment." A training session he had with Darth Azurea was what Mullarus reminisced on as he knelt over by the aqua-haired girl's mangled body. He reached down and gently placed a hand on her arm, closing his eyes and beginning to focus. This was a technique he had practiced, but never perfected. But he knew it was working when he felt intense pain, like his own bones snapping and breaking beneath his skin, shooting up and down his body. He grit his teeth and groaned loudly with his mouth shut. It was horrible. Why was he doing this? For a stranger?

'What am I, a damn Jedi?'

Despite his arguments to himself, the pain he welcomed into his own body would slowly begin to mend the girl's broken bones back together, and completely painlessly. She would look down at her mangled body and watch it put itself back together piece by piece. It might be a miracle to her, and Mullarus a messiah for rescuing her from her fate on Dagobah.

Once the process was complete, the girl would still have some bruises and probably a chipped bone in her body somewhere he missed, but Mullarus would have fixed most of what was broken in her. He removed his hand from her and toppled over onto his back, nearly blacking out from the intense pain he just endured. He breathed heavily, eyes closed.

All of a sudden, he could hear his voice in his head. Jekyll's deep, elderly voice was too recognizable in the Sith Knight's mind.

At last, you know the truth. To be honest, I expected you to learn much sooner. You always were the type to never question your loyalties. I love that about you. It has made you such a powerful asset to the Sith, and to me. My boy, I thank you again for retrieving my old lightsaber on Nar Shadaa. Know that when you come for my blood, I will use it against you, as well as every other trick up my sleeve. I do not expect you to come alone. Bring someone you trust. I don't care. I will not hold back against you, Krux. I don't expect you to show me any mercy, either. I will be waiting.

Hearing his voice again sent chills and flames across his body. Chills of fear, and flames of hatred. Mullarus had never felt such intense emotion before, and he had never felt stronger. Yet he remained lying on his back in the cave, exhausted from enduring so much agony in such a short time, and afraid to stand up in fear of what he may do with all of this pent-up passion.

[member="Illaudata Renovare"]

Had she not already been against the wall, the girl surely would have scooted farther away from [member="Knight Mullarus"] . After what the first Sith did, she wasn't so trusting of another. This quickly turned out to be needless as the pain in her arms began to lessen. In fact, she couldn't feel anything in them as he channeled. Wide eyes she'd watch in wonder as her arms fixed themselves. Well, mostly. Once he was done she could still feel some pain, but it wasn't to the level of before.

Her mouth opened to thank him, only to shut as he fell back. Wide eyed again she'd move over beside him. He had healed her, why wouldn't she at least try to help him. But she could only watch in silence. A girl who did not know who she was to begin with wasn't the best choice to help. So she sat, and watched for quite some time in silence.

Boredom set in, picking at the back of her mind as she watched the man. He didn't seem to be moving much at all, which didn't help. So she did what came to mind. She poked the side of his head.

"You still alive? I dont know how I got here, so I was wondering if you could give me a ride."

Mullarus was perplexed upon hearing that the girl had no idea how she got here. If she wasn't really a vision, then Darth Ferus couldn't be. Visions dont shatter bones and mangle bodies....do they? Mullarus slowly sat up, his abdomen muscles aching as if he had just endured a few stabs to the gut. "I'm...fine. What about you?" he asked, standing up and leaning over to take her arm and help her to her feet.

"I'm pretty sure I'm good. Not as bad as I was at least." Quickly the girl would take his arm though, pulling herself back up with it. It hurt a bit, using her arms, but it wasn't as mind numbing as it would have been. "Thanks, by the way." Her eyes scanned around as she suddenly went silent, as if she was searching for something hidden. A single hand raised up, and through the Force she reached out for something within the darkness. "Found it." She exclaimed to no one in particular. With a visible strain and a tug of her wrist, she yanked the item out of the darkness, bringing it to her. A spear. Ferus's spear, Vrasjyme. She caught it with both hands, but it almost fell from her grasp when all its weight hit. Despite being made of songsteel, it was alchemised and heavy because of it.

Without so much of a mention as to why she got the spear she could hardly lift, or how she knew it was there, her eyes would return to [member="Knight Mullarus"] unblinkingly. "So.. Where to?"

Watching her, Mullarus cocked a brow. She's force-sensitive. Interesting. He took a mental note and glanced in the direction that the spear came from. While Darth Ferus' body had completely dissapeared when he struck him down, it seemed some items, like his clothing, were left behind. What better proof of slaying the Shadow of the Dark Lord himself than to take his lightsaber.

Like the girl, Mullarus pulled the Shadow's unique gold-bladed lightsaber into his hand. It was an odd weapon that Mullarus didn't like the feel of, but it was more than a weapon in his eyes. It was a trophy, proof that the Sith Knight had single-handedly defeated a chosen asset of The Dark Lord himself. Of course, Mullarus didn't realize it was really not the 'real' Darth Ferus he had slain, but he wouldn't pass the opportunity to show to his masters the amazing accomplishment.

It would bring fear to the minds of his enemies.

Mullarus hooked the lightsaber onto his belt, beside his own. Bleeding Cross was much longer than the Shadow's lightsaber, heavier too.

"I have ny own agenda now" he said, suddenly forgetting how much pride he felt for his recent victory and remembering Lord Jekyll's voice calling to him. It was a challenge, and Mullarus' grandfather knew that he would never turn down a chance for revenge and justice. "But I will take you home, wherever that may be. All I ask is that you let everyone know the infamous Darth Ferus has been slain by the might of Mullarus, proving how much more worthy of serving the Emperor he is. Now...come, my starship is waiting.

"And he will not be the only Sith Lord to die by my hand today."
he said as he headed for the cave entrance.

Despite [member="Knight Mullarus"] talking about himself in third person, the girl figured out who was who. Darth Ferus? His name was a new one, and certainly didn't ring any bells. Was that really the one who messed up her arms? She shivered, thinking about that pain. That was something she did nitnwant to feel again. She'd keep up her pace with the man, trying to remember where home was. Only to find nothing. She couldn't remember anything, including her own name. How did she even know how to lift the spear the way she did?

"So.. I don't actually know where home is. Or anything. What I do know is that you killed that man using.. Something? It wasn't physical, notnsure what to call it. But you seem to be good at it. And I can do it too. So.. How about I follow you? Learn some tricks and the like?"

Upon hearing the question, Mullarus turned around and cocked a brow. "You...remember nothing?" A part of the Knight was skeptical, but at the same time, it made sense. A victim of Darth Ferus could have taken a beating on any level, physical and mental. Perhaps the Sith Lord hit her on the head too much and she just needed time to recover until she remembered who she was. That explained why Mullarus was so quick to answer. "Of course. There is plenty of space aboard my flagship, The Paladin. I can find you a place to stay until your memory returns to you. Come, my starship is docked a short hike this way." he said, trudging out of the cave and making his way in the direction of Patriot.

"So.. Is that a yes or no to trainin?" She followed along, still holding onto the spear. Her arms hung low as the metal was still just to heavy, though with a bit of telekinesis she kept it from falling to the ground. She did almost drop it as the ship came into view. It was huge, far bigger than she had expected for a trip to this swamp planet. Awe struck she'd stare up at the metal vessel, paused in amazement. But that quickly was shaken off as [member="Knight Mullarus"] was sure to be moving off without her. Quickly she'd try to speed up and catch up, trying her damn best to not trip over the impressive spear

"Who gave you that?"

Mullarus smirked to himself as the girl followed him to Patriot, his old starship that now serves more as a shuttle to the surface of worlds as Paladin is far too large for such a task. "I already have a formal apprentice...but I do not mind taking you in. Maybe you'll learn something, and maybe i'll take a second if I see enough promise in you."

Upon her question on who gave him the ship, he explained as he opened the loading dock and offered for her to enter. "A salesman who wanted to show his gratitude to a defender of the Empire."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom