Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Ascendant Module

Status
Not open for further replies.
A S C E N D A N T

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To explore a new spin on a Canon concept.
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Mission: Pyronium
  • Primary Source: Exar Kin's Lightsaber
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Darth Metus
  • Model: Mk. I
  • Affiliation: Personal
  • Modularity: It is a Module
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Material: Pyronium, Electronics
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Absorbs ambient, EM radiation.
  • Releases stored energy as an augment to lightsaber power output.
STRENGTHS

Augment: The Ascendant Module temporarily increases the power output of a lightsaber dramatically. This increase can be compared to the fabled saber of Exar Kun, who was able to rend through Mandalorian iron in combat.

WEAKNESSES

Finite: Unlike the fabled weapon of Exar Kun, a lightsaber equipped with the Ascendant Module will not enjoy this power setting for long. First and foremost, the augmentation can only be utilized when the Module is at full capacity; requiring several hours of slow charging on the part of the module's Pyronium. This is due to an anti-tamper, safety feature that will not permit the cell to engage unless fully charged. Furthermore, the release of the energies occurs in a span of two minutes, thereby permitting the wielder a very brief and finite window of augmentation. Lastly, while the resulting augmentation will permit rending through beskar, this will not be as easy as a hot knife through butter. A single blow will transfer tremendously more heat through Mandalorian iron, for instance, causing scalding or a minor burns per strike. However, consistent contact is required for a clean cut through; much akin to a minor step down from cutting through a blast door.

Module: It's a battery. Stepping on it could cease it from functioning.

DESCRIPTION

The Ascendant Module was Darth Metus' attempt at replicating the raw cutting power of Exar Kun's Lightsaber.

As a former son of Mandalore, the first days of the Sith's new lease on life were spent thinking on how to thrive against his former comrades. He knew, through personal experience and reliance, that beskar was considered almost Holy amongst the Mandalorians - and as such was thought nigh invincible. For this cause did Darth Metus attempt to find a way of bringing to heel the fabled material, with a Sith weapon to boot. Thus was Pyronium refined and formed into a power cell that can work in tandem with a saber's main energy source. With but the press of a secondary ignition switch, Metus can empower his blade with the ability to rend through beskar.

And while it's cutting power is not perfect, it is more than enough to catch a cocky Mandalorian off guard.

Although powerful, this submission cannot and will not be used to force damage upon another writer. It is up to the writer to decide what damage to take and always will be.

[member="Darth Metus"] - I’m going to be honest; this submission is well balanced and defines what this module can and can’t do. I’m very impressed. There’s just one little nitpicky detail I’d like to see added for consistency’s sake, and that would be a hyperlink to the Wookieepedia article for Pyronium.

That’s all I have for you at the moment; please feel free to make any comments, questions or concerns and @mention me when you’ve completed the myriad edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom