Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Asajj's 'Envy' Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
fioraeditmain.jpg

Intent: Personal Armor for Asajj to maintain her burned body after a duel on Contruum
Development Thread:
Contruum Invasion, Duel with Mantic Dorn (Devastating Defeat for Cortosis)
Relevant Posts: [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x]

Manufacturer: Sith Assassins, Asajj
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Asajj

Modularity: Hidden Blade can be worn with the suit.
Production: Unique
Material: Cortosis, Durasteel, Plasteel, Cybernetics, Synthetic Sith Crystals, Armorweave (Cape)
Classification: Cybernetic
Weight: 20kg
Quality: 7
Special Features:
  • Maintains Asajj’s damaged skin
  • Visor allows for HUD and night vision
  • Optional mouthpiece for air filtration
  • Cape is slightly blaster and saber resistant
  • Dark side aura can be sickly to highly sensitive light siders
Description: After a harrowing defeat at the battle of Contruum, Asajj was left with burned flesh all over her body and a chunk of the side of her arm missing. Her face was luckily saved from disfigurement, but everywhere else needed treatment. After being found in the burning rubble, barely alive, she was taken back to one of the Assassin’s bases. As the daughter of Darth Ferus, their leader, they quickly worked on ensuring her survival. A suit of armor was created, working similarly to Darth Vader’s in that it maintained and treated the damaged flesh over her body, but in this instance not requiring a helmet. Durasteel and cybernetics were used to keep the suit movement allowing and farely durable, with an added layer of cortosis over the main plates to withstand lightsabers. Weakpoints between the main plates exist, but the suit was never full about protection. A red glow adorns parts of the armor, these are synthetic crystals in which Alchemy was channeled to help with the process. Their power is mainly used to strengthen the flesh, although being dark side orientated it does little in the way of actual healing. Instead it gives the suit a dark side aura, which can affect some light siders but does little in the way of giving her tangible strength in combat. In truth, it provides the weakness of being detected by trained force sensitives should her presence go without being hidden. With concentration the light of the crystal can be dulled, which is when her presence shrinks, but at her Acolyte level this does not last long, and more training is required. Electricity and force lightning will not affect the circuitry since it has built-in surge protection. EMPs on the other hand will shut down the suit and mutliple Ion blasts will melt it's circuits.
With and without mouthpiece
fioraedit1.jpg

A cape is included with the suit, draped over her left side mostly and made of armorweave for the added protection. The visor is fixed around the sides of her head, which suffered some minor burns, but her face can be fully visible if required. An optional mask can go over the rest of her face, if she needed filtration in a situation.
In summary, the suit is designed to maintain her damaged flesh whilst giving her an imposing look and aura, with some practical use in lightsaber battle.

Netherworld

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Asajj"]. I'll be your judge today. :)

Nothing out of the ordinary here, but I have a couple of questions.

Asajj said:
Weight: 10kg
Asajj said:
Asajj was left with burned flesh all over her body and a chunk of the side of her arm missing
  • How much of a replacement are we talking here? The image seems to suggest that a large portion of her right arm is missing and therefore replaced with a durasteel prosthesis
  • If so, I'd like you to increase the weight of the suit proportional to the amount of limb replacement going on. I'd start in the 20+ kg area and increase it depending on how much of Asajj has been replaced with durasteel.

1. Given the inclusion of cortosis and the full-body protection, this would better with a quality rating of 7.
  2. Is the suit/life support/cybernetics susceptible to EMP/ion attacks, and if yes, what are the consequences?
  3. Are the heels in the linked picture included in the armor proper?

Tag me with questions and/or edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

Changed quality to 7 and weight to 20kg.
She only lost just under a quarter of her left arm (the quarter being on the left of her left arm), so it's not a full cybernetic limb.

I also added to the description that electricity and lightning will not affect it due to resistance, but EMPs can shut down the cybernetics.

The heels are not included, the picture is just a general image, not precise. :)

Netherworld

[member="Asajj"]

Asajj said:
electricity and lightning will not affect it due to resistance
  • What provides this resistance? Durasteel is metal, and channels lightning/electricity quite nicely.
  • In addition, please note what an ion blast would do, since they generally melt circuitry (therefore doing more damage than your common EMP).

Tag me with questions and/or edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

Changed to:
Asajj said:
Electricity and force lightning will not affect the circuitry since it has built-in surge protection. EMPs on the other hand will shut down the suit and mutliple Ion blasts will melt it's circuits.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

My estimate would be they could withstand up to a higher Knight level of electricity for some time. The circuits wouldn't overload, but that doesn't mean the armor would take serious damage. By the time the Lightning got strong enough to overload the circuits, there would be a bigger problem regarding the armor itself being useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom