Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore Army Group Hohenstein-Eylau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gideon Vandeleur

G
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To submit the personal and factional army of my character.
  • Image Credit: None.
  • Links: Gideon Vandeleur
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Army Name: Army Group Hohenstein-Eylau
  • Classification: Expeditionary and Planetary Defence Force
  • Affiliation: Principality of Volterravan, Gideon Vandeleur
  • Army Symbol:
  • Description: The Army Group is the professional military force under command of the Prince-Elector and Comte de Hohenstein-Eylau of Volterravan. It is one of several army groups of the Principality and under direct command of the Lord High Militant Vandeleur.
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Headquarters: Western Core, Volterravan, Northern Continent, Hohenstein Hive, Tower I, Level 181, Lannes Block
  • Goals: Protection of the interests of Volterravan
COMPOSITION INFORMATION
  • Army Size: Huge
  • Composition:
  • Several Armies composed of
  • Several Army Corps composed of a few
  • Divisions composed of various
  • Regiments (tank, infantry, artillery, siege, engineer, mechanised) organised in
  • Battalions and Companies (various combat, support & supply categories)
MEMBERS
Commander-in-Chief: Gideon Nicolas d'Avout Vandeleur

Chief-of-Staff: Heinz Rudolph Vessieres (NPC without sub), Vice-Admiral, human, 36 years old, born on Volterravan. Detail addicted, organisation-talent, natural empathy for front-line commander flows of thoughts. Baron von Grier, born as noble, raised for military service.
Second-in-Command: Jean Paulus Gerius (NPC without sub), Field Marshal, human, 45 years old, born on Volterravan. The emotional counterpart to Vandeleur, very outgoing and extrovert, restless and always pushing. Duc de Friedrichsfurt, born into luxuries and decadence, finding success in military as a very front-line commander.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
An Army Group is one of the major units of the Grande Armée, with each Lord High Militant controlling an own Army Group in his respective sector of rule. The Army Groups were formed as supreme element of the Volterravanite Stability Protocols which were ratified centuries ago by the victors of the Era of Strife.

The Army Groups are composed of regiments from the entire domain, they are not exclusively from the Lord High Militants area of influence due to the idea of restricting personal and homely influence.

In peace time the army is structured as a garrison and peacekeeping force, only divided into Corps and then Divisions. Seen as a Division is usually enough to deal with any issues which arise from around and within the borders, there wasn´t much need in the past decades to raise an entire Army Group.

When a conflict should arise which goes beyond the usual sphere of interaction or if major wargames are held, then the Army Groups are raised to its full extent, adding another layer of organisation and giving several corps an army headquarter with staff within the Army Group.

The Army Group usually features an absolute independent ground command, consisting of various unit types and focusing on mobility and combined arms tactics to achieve their strategic goals. Due to the fact that there is no rank superior to the Lord High Militant, there are always units of the Combined Fleet Forces attached for the theatre, providing naval and air support.

[member="Gideon Vandeleur"]

WIP submissions are not allowed in the codex forums, these are meant for completed submissions that can be reviewed and approved. I'm moving it to the pre-codex for you.

Gideon Vandeleur

G
[member="John Locke"]

Thank you, thought I could finish it the day I wrote it, but sadly didn´t happen.

If you see no issue, I would like to forward it for judgement back into the codex. :)

Hello! I am the trainee codex judge who will be performing the initial review and trainee approval for this submission. Nice job on the unique feel and flavor to the army group. Definitely comes across as distinct! It looks like you made the logo yourself, I'm guessing. Is that correct?

Just a few things.

Under Links and Affiliation, where you've linked the character bio does not work. It looks like there's a mistake in the https:// prefix that leads to a broken page.

For the NPCs without subs, you can write a brief summary of each one if you want, in case you don't want to work out the NPC submission. Codex is optional, so the amount of detail you do with the NPCs is entirely up to you.

Gideon Vandeleur

G
[member="Veino Garn"]

Your guess is correct, Master Trainee. ;)

I have fixed the broken link and added basic information for the NPCs. I don´t want to make them fully detailed character due to the possibility to replace them with players if there should ever be any. :D

Excellent! Just wanted to be sure since crediting artists is important for the codex process. And those descriptions look good for me. Everything seems in order!

[member="John Locke"]
Back to you.

[member="Gideon Vandeleur"] | [member="Veino Garn"]

I'll concur with Veino, this looks a really nice and solidly put together submission.

There is just one thing I noticed.
Gideon Vandeleur said:
Affiliation: Principality of Volterravan, Gideon Vandeleur
While you did link yourself as an affiliation, could you also ink to the faction home page.

Otherwise, looks good. If you can get me that link I'll be happy to approve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom