Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ArmTech "Panther" Antimateriel Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.
panther_rifle___secondary_by_peterku-d76qeqh.jpg
Image Credit: peterku

Intent: To create ArmTech's first Blaster Antimateriel Rifle designed to fill in a niche role between the lighter AT-90R Sniper using slugthrower technology and the M6 RSC which uses Railgun technology.
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: ArmTech
Model: Panther (M5AC)
Affiliation: Free Market
Modularity: Rails on the top and bottom and sides of the weapon allow for bipod placement, scopes and lasers.
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Carbon-Titanium exterior, Tungsten barrel.
Description: The M5AC affectionately nicknamed the "Panther Antimateriel Complex" is a weapon designed by ArmTech to complete the 3 kinds of snipers on offer, between a light and versatile AT-90R, or the heavy and ruthless M6-RSC, this weapon instead incorporated Blaster technology instead of Slugthrower or Railgun technology, as such this weapon is more devastating than the AT-90R against droids and armored targets, but still falls short to the RSC in overall stopping power, but the Panther is much, much lighter. 4 kilos lighter, to be exact.

The weapon uses disposable power cells, each one good for about 20 rounds before replacement. The blaster bolts are incredibly powerful and can punch through light armored vehicles with much more effectiveness than the .338 Lapua round used in the AT-90R. And is much more suited for versatility on both ends of the scale, dealing with vehicles and hard or soft body targets alike.

The tradeoffs are the fact that the weapon cannot be silenced, and due to the intensity of the blaster bolts it makes quite a racket too. It is also 2 whole kilograms heavier than the AT-90R, plus the bolts can be deflected by Jedi.

The bolts upon impact create small explosions akin to an Armor Piercing Incendiary Round, so it still imparts a massive amount of force when striking a target.

Classification: Blaster
Size: Handheld
Length: 1.3m
Weight: 7.5kg loaded
Ammunition Type: Power Cell
Ammunition Capacity: 20
Effective Range: 2500m

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Gabriel Audemars"]

My apologies that you've had to wait this long. We've had a turnover of staff and your thread got muffled in the middle after antics of some crazy man submitting eleven guns at once. In anycase, let's get to it.

Production on most sniper rifles, especially energy based ones, is usually minor. Considering ArmTech is a Tier 2 company and already mass-produces two other snipers I'm going to have to ask you to drop production to minor. Secondly I'm going to have to severely drop the ammo and range count. Eight shots sounds good. The range on the other hand should be less than 1000 meters. Blaster bolts actually disintegrate as they travel, becoming smaller and smaller(and thus less damaging) as they travel, and Canon Energy based sniper rifles didn't get over 750m in range or so. Granted, this is 700 years past since then and technological advances has been made, but at present their is only one energy based sniper rifle on the open market that has a range of 1000m, and it's a minor production weapon by the biggest and most storied gun company on the board(and SW). Quite simply I'm not comfortable with a T2 company's product exceeding a T6 company's product without significant drawbacks in other areas. If you wished to do a dev thread I'd be more willing to increase the range and/or ammo capacity but otherwise I'm going to need 8 shots and around 750m range.

Lastly, I'd like a bit more analysis on damage of the weapon itself. "Punch through" leaves a lot of ambiguity. How does it react against a tank or a walker? An unarmored man? A man in a Beskar'gam or phrik? Etc. I don't need a case by case analysis of every vehicle/armor, but I do need something I can build off of. And why exactly does it create small explosions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom