Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Armor of the Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai Seren

R

ambient_occlusion_painting_tutorial_by_alexnegrea-d8ha3id.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create personalized armor for Rai Seren.
  • Image Source: alexnegrea
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Multipurpose
  • Weight: Low
  • Resistances (For each category choose from: None, Very Low, Low, Average, High, Very High, Extreme Ratings of High, Very High, and Extreme will need to be added as strengths with elaboration.)

- Blasters (And other plasma type weapons): Very High

- Kinetic:
Average[/indent]
- Lightsabers: Average

- Other: Blasts: Average EMP: None High Sonic: Very Low

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • See materials. Combination of specialized materials for increased resistances to common battlefield hazards.

Strengths:
  • Excellent defense from blasters and blades.

Weaknesses:
  • Less durability than heavy armor so cant withstand as many heavy attacks
  • Very low resistance to Sonic weaponry

DESCRIPTION
Utilizing the newest material invention of Seren Outfitters, Rai has crafted the Armour of the Viper, so named for it's ability to maneuver despite offering relatively good protection. Unlike heavier armor, this light armor is excellent for someone who relies on their quickness and maneuverability. It does include some tikulini hide for a little more impact resistance, and the metal studs utilized within the hide, and indeed all bits of metal in the armor, are crafted from Cortosis. On the off chance that someone directly strikes one with a blade, it could potentially short out the weapon, offering her an advantage. Generally speaking, however, the metal is used mostly for clasps and holding things together. It still possesses no resistance to EMP's and basically no resistance to sonic weaponry, meaning one probably shouldn't wear it on a trip to Geonosis. The yellow color is dye added to the neutroweave's carbon fibers, and adds to the visual appeal of the design.

[member="Rai Seren"]

Blades are considered kinetic damage so there's no need to separate the two.

I don't consider EMP a valid weakness since there's nothing electronic in the armor and average protections from lightsaber, kinetics, and explosives is not really a strength if it's average.

Rai Seren

R
[member="Elani Zambrano"]
It was an approved weakness in the neutroweave so it would transfer to the armor as well. As a person can be augmented with electronics worn beneath the armor, it is a valid weakness.

I took the strength out. I'm leaving kinetic and blades separate like I did with the neutroweave, because cutting and kinetic force aren't really the same. Some people may consider it such but I don't.

[member="Rai Seren"]

Then that weakness will fall on those electronics, not this armor as it has no electronics. One could simply not have any electronics at all and this weakness would mean nothing. Please replace it with a weakness that affects the armor itself.

You many not consider kinetic and blades the same, but science does. Please do combine them.

Rai Seren

R
[member="Elani Zambrano"]
Edited. For the record knives are considered piercing and kinetic is usually impact (kinetics is literally the study of the measure of Force acting on a mechanism), but I fixed it per your request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom