Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aristis' Iron Skin - Atheus' Personal Military Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
4170582-1882924605-39537.jpg

Image Source: Marvel Winter Soldier
Intent: Gather all information about the Gear that Atheus wears almost all the time.
Development Thread: N/A

Manufacturer: Cerberus Enterprise
Model: Aristis' Iron Skin - Atheus' personal military gear.
Affiliation: Atheus
Modularity: Highly
  • ​Holsters, Bandoliers, and customisable loadouts.
  • Color scheme.
Production: Unique
Material:
Classification: Multipurpose/All-around Gear
Weight: 8 kgs
Quality:
  • Lightsabers - 6
  • Blasters - 7
  • Slugthrowers - 9
  • Kinetic weapons - 5
Special Features:
  • Photreactive fibers allow for stealth operations
  • Very durable for rather light armor
  • Can be worn around Atheus' Left arm.
Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
  • Layers of various textiles allow for a very durable set of gear. Even for its rather lighter weight for how many layers are on it, and with some of the textiles being alchemized. The gear is also customizable for just about any loadout Atheus wishes to carry. Thus its his most used form of clothing, on or off the field.
  • Photoreactive fibers allow for the changing of the suits color from its standard black, to be different shades of white, green, blue, red, and others to match the surrounding environment around him. As it is alchemized, it allows for a better match to the environment than previous armors built with this as a main component. Previous models are known to have a set amount of colors it can switch to. The only change that is made, is that the Photocreative fiber matches to many more colors and environments than before.
Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
  • Photoreactive fibers are great when working together. However, if torn, pieces of it won't change color, or the holes in the fabric will diminish the effect of hiding within the environment.
  • Being an all purpose set of gear, means that is doesn't really protect really well against anything over the other. While piercing damage such as slugthrower rounds, and knife blades are highly protected against due to the Graphene weave, everything else is just above mediocre
  • Graphene weave is very ductile in heat, and electrical currents. Should he be zapped with electricity, or be in environments with high heat, the suit will retain heat much longer than normal, or even burn him.
5292597--------%3D%3D-%3D.gif

Description:
Atheus is a man who is always prepared for operations in the field. Be it intelligence gathering, Assassination, Mercenary work, or anything else. As such, He needs a versatile suit that can fit most of his needs without having to get special gear that won't work for him, or is not useful to him. Able to hold Any configuration of Atheus' weapons, and gear, It allows for a very good arrangement of utilities.

Photoreactive fibers allow for a flexible and stealthy approach if need be. It also provides very good protection against various forms of weaponry, either due to the natural resilience of the textile, or infused with alchemy to be stronger than normal, or function at a higher proficiency.

​On his back is a square just along his shoulders where a magnet strip resides. Able to hold weapons, or even a sword should it be magnetized. It can hold up to a full sized rifle, but not much else. It has a level one retention. (stickiness to the back). To remove weapons from his back, Atheus pulls on the weapon much like you would draw upon a sword. Sliding it through the sheath, or in this case, across his back. Trying to pull a weapon directly off would prove to be more difficult.

Atheus will almost always wear this unless he is wearing simple clothing for very rare occasions, or his battle armor in which he cannot wear this armor underneath it. Arstis is the name of the God of War in the Hellyni religion, and is in reference to the god in the name of the set of gear. Named after his "Iron Skin" much like Mandalorians and their "Iron Skin" armor.

Haytham Kaze

Judge, Judgury, Judgecutioner
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Haytham Kaze"], Mostly yes.

While I haven't roleplayed any form of it having Laminanium, or having magnetic back strips. I guess I would call this more of an Update?

However, you are correct where it's just collecting everything down on paper to be official.

Haytham Kaze

Atheus said:
To Move forwards, you must move backwards - Development thread for Laminanium
It appears to be following this objective: With two or more other writers, complete a role-play in reverse, starting with it’s end and ending with it’s beginning

In any case, you need two other writers, rather than two writers to complete it. You'll need three in total in the thread.

Atheus said:
Every woman needs clothes to dance - Development thread to prove that creation of clothing is possible, and allowing alchemy to be used upon clothes.
I don't know why this thread is linked as a development thread. There isn't any use of Alchemy on clothing, and the development thread was already here, and the intent of the submission states it's for a clothing line for Heartbeat.

Atheus said:
Fate of the Duels - Thread in which left arm is removed, Link is post when arm is removed via Lightsaber, and is later replaced with This Arm.
You've also already used this thread to count as development. But, it's not a big deal since the arm is already approved, so you can link the arm into special features rather than linking the sub / duelling thread.

Atheus said:
While the suit is rather customizable, it isn't adaptive as it could be. No special things with the boots or the suit itself other than its customizable load out. He can't stick to walls with friction grip, or have magnetic boots. Nor can he walk in space. It's just a suit.

This is not a weakness.

Atheus said:
People can grab it from his back, but you have to almost yank it off of him. To remove it with less resistance, you need to slide the weapon off of his back. Simply pulling directly off is harder to do.
How does he take it off then?

Haytham Kaze said:
It appears to be following this objective: With two or more other writers, complete a role-play in reverse, starting with it’s end and ending with it’s beginning In any case, you need two other writers, rather than two writers to complete it. You'll need three in total in the thread.
I now see that, and agree. However then, I must ask about a sword that was created for Alkor Centaris where the same thread was approved? I thought it just had to be two writers. I apologize.

Haytham Kaze said:
I don't know why this thread is linked as a development thread. There isn't any use of Alchemy on clothing, and the development thread was already here, and the intent of the submission states it's for a clothing line for Heartbeat.
I am using it as proof that I can alchemize clothing. Using Sith alchemy on clothes, and on swords are done different ways. Thus I provide proof to be on the safe side. If you want me to remove it, I can.

Haytham Kaze said:
You've also already used this thread to count as development. But, it's not a big deal since the arm is already approved, so you can link the arm into special features rather than linking the sub / duelling thread.
Since I was mentioning the arm, once again to be safe, I mentioned the link in which I was wearing a version of this armor. *without lamianium.*

Haytham Kaze said:
This is not a weakness.
Edited out.

Haytham Kaze said:
How does he take it off then?
Simply pulling a weapon off a magnet takes more force than sliding something off of the magnet. Think of magnets on a fridge. Is it easier to peel a magnet off of it, or to slide it off to the side to remove it? I am going to tell you the second option because reaching behind your back, and pulling away from you, will take more effort, than sliding it as though you are drawing a sword.

If to avoid confusion, I can remove this.

[member="Haytham Kaze"]

Haytham Kaze

Atheus said:
I now see that, and agree. However then, I must ask about a sword that was created for Alkor Centaris where the same thread was approved? I thought it just had to be two writers. I apologize.
I'm getting an answer on this.

Atheus said:
I am using it as proof that I can alchemize clothing. Using Sith alchemy on clothes, and on swords are done different ways. Thus I provide proof to be on the safe side. If you want me to remove it, I can.
From what I gather from reading the thread it looks as if Joza is imbuing clothing rather than evidence that you can.

Atheus said:
Since I was mentioning the arm, once again to be safe, I mentioned the link in which I was wearing a version of this armor. *without lamianium.*
Not necessary. Just link the arm in special features.

Atheus said:
Simply pulling a weapon off a magnet takes more force than sliding something off of the magnet. Think of magnets on a fridge. Is it easier to peel a magnet off of it, or to slide it off to the side to remove it? I am going to tell you the second option because reaching behind your back, and pulling away from you, will take more effort, than sliding it as though you are drawing a sword.
So he's pulling it off or sliding it off? You didn't answer the question. As it stands, your explanation is saying that it is difficult for your character to take a weapon off.

Haytham Kaze said:
From what I gather from reading the thread it looks as if Joza is imbuing clothing rather than evidence that you can.
No. In order for Atheus to imbue the clothing, he needs Zeltron blood. He takes blood from Joza to make the clothing. Pheromone inducing clothing doesn't come from human blood. Humans can't produce pheromones. Zeltrons can. Thus, for clothing to have this effect, Zeltron blood must be used. Hence why I am there to ask her for her blood. Not for her to make the clothes. I create the clothes, she sells them. Producer=Me, Seller=Joza.

Haytham Kaze said:
So he's pulling it off or sliding it off? You didn't answer the question. As it stands, your explanation is saying that it is difficult for your character to take a weapon off.
Sliding. Edited to reflect this.

To remove weapons from his back, Atheus pulls on the weapon much like you would draw upon a sword. Sliding it through the sheath, or in this case, across his back. Trying to pull a weapon directly off would prove to be more difficult.
[member="Haytham Kaze"],

Haytham Kaze

[member="Atheus"]

The judgement is that the sword is fine, or, I assume it is. Regardless, we're not discussing the sword in this thread.

Redo the dev thread for Laminanium and tag me when you're done. In addition, you can remove the second development thread as you've already used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom