Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ARGH] Whip of Rae Electromagnetic Disturbance Attachment

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Intent: To create an upgrade for the Electro-whips made by Abregado to extend their anti-Force user capabilities.

Development Thread: Overkill Is A Myth- Completed, the electromagnetic upgrade is described by HK as a way to turn their lightsabers against them.
Whips of Rae to which the upgrade is applied.

Manufacturer: Abregado-Rae Guild of Hammers

Model: Electromagnetic Disturbance Attachment

Affiliation: Abregado-Rae, Firemane, Omega Protectorate,

Modularity: None as it is a module attachment for Whips

Production: Minor, corresponding to production of Whips of Rae

Material: Echani Graphite Wires and Filaments, Durasteel Structure

Description:

HK-36 said:
"Well I had an idea for an addition to it which could really screw over the Force users. Basically, lightsabers are streams of extremely hot plasma contained by tubular magnetic field which keeps the plasma from exploding everywhere and gives its blade their shape, some lightsabers have stronger magnetic fields, like the training lightsabers, some have weaker and are more unstable, some are just in the middle, those are standard lightsabers."

The droid begun to explain, hopefully Sio did not threw him around yet after that awkward unsure caress to make her move back,

"What if I would install an attachment in the Electro-Whips that allow them from switching between electric shock to strong magnetic impulses designed to interact with a lightsaber they whip would coil around? Basically, you fight some Sith, with a good snap you coil your whip around his saber's blade, and with a push of the button you can cause the blade's plasma field to break and have the Sith be exploded or horribly burned by his own weapon, not to mention the damage it would cause to the saber's hilt."

And so was born the idea for electromagnetic disturbance attachment. This module tweaks the structure of conductive filaments within the Electro-Whip structure made by Abregado, allowing it to switch between electric streams and electromagnetic impulses when the weapon coils. This attachment works only when the weapon coils around an object, much like the structure of magnetic propulsion in real-life Coilguns which uses magnetic coils to create a magnetic stream.

Working on the same principle this attachment creates a magnetic field in the center of the whip's coils, interacting with the magnetic containment field of lightsabers and disturbing it to a point where the lightsaber either has to either deactivate or become unstable and explode, unleashing the plasma fire burning within the lightsaber on the user, lightsaber hilt, and possibly even their enemy, making it a very devastating but risky tactic.

Whether the explosion reaches the one who conducts it depends on the position of the lightsaber, as the weapon could always be thrust out towards the one wielding the whip to caught them in the radius.

The process also isn't instant as it takes up to maximum five seconds to explode a lightsaber, of course that is with the whip fully coiled around lightsaber's length, should only part of the lightsaber be coiled in the whip the process takes longer, up to a minute with just one coil around the blade, the more coils there are around the lightsaber the faster the magnetic field of its blade is disturbed.

This process also cannot work on training lightsabers as their magnetic fields are much more thicker and stronger, overpowering the electromagnetic coils who have no result on them other than just sticking to the blade. Another quick way of avoiding the explosion is to simply deactivate the lighsaber and letting the coils drop off, however that can open up a Force user to further attacks. This tactic also causes the blade to emanate an unusual hum which become higher in pitch the closer it gets to explosion, giving out a warning even to those who are unaware of the whip's properties.

Another weakness is that the whip cannot conduct electric shocks when its magnetic properties are activated, making it only useful as a normal whip without the additional benefits of powerful electroshocks.

Finally, it is possible for the Whip to become damaged in the explosion, however that is very difficult as it is able to withstand blows from a lightsaber due to strong Graphite structure, however the plasma core burns hotter than the lightsaber, meaning the explosion would be hotter as well.

As such using this module can be quite a devastating tactic, but risky as well, as it can harm both parties involved or damage the weapon to the point of it not being able to function correctly afterwards. Therefore, it is advised for the electromagnetic disturbance module to be used only when one is sure they can finish the fight quickly.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Ordo"],

Frankly not really,

The fact that this can be avoided simply by deactivating the lightsaber and activating it right after the coils fall gives characters an option to defend themselves if they feel this method is unfair or would force their character into a death scenario. Furthermore, from my personal history with Force users on this board and the abilities they reach, there is a lot of ways they can defend themselves, by steering the coils or saber away with telekinesis, by conjuring a barrier, interrupting electromagnets with ionization or lightning, as such it will most likely be a tool for disarmament rather than a one-shot victory. Moreover, one would need to get close to their target into a melee range, if this system works then both the whip and lightsaber would be disabled, and since the Whip restricts amount of weapons one carries due to its large size, their choice of weapon replacement would be limited, also special training is required to utilize this whip, currently on the board there are two characters with such training, one of them would not have access to this upgrade as her whip is in custom use, the other one is me because I made these whips in the first place, and I don't use them.

While it does sound dangerous on paper, I strongly believe that it would not make the whips the strongest or most troublesome melee weapon I produced.

[member="HK-36"]

After a good deal of discussion with people much more intelligent and less good looking than me I have to request an edit. If you could edit the section about the enegry exploding from the blade and insert the blade turning off I will be inclined to call it good. Also, the dev is good but not reusable AFTER this submision. Okbye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom