Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[ARGH] Plug-N-Play Pocket Density Projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
Image Source: Possibly custom image added in later.
Intent: Explore more gravity and density based equipment and weaponry, set up foundation for future more advanced projects.
Development Thread: If necessary, based on the density projector systems used in Mobile Barricades
Manufacturer: ARGH
Model: Plug-N-Play Pocket Density Projector
Affiliation: Abregado-Rae, Firemane
Modularity: No structural modifications, ability to set it into one of the four modes before activation- 1 ton, 5 ton, 10 ton, and Exponential Overclocking.
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Durasteel main structure, Echani Graphite capsule to house main electronics, Electrum and Copper wiring, Bronzium for aesthetic details.

Description: A density projector is not a new invention, used since ancient times of Old Republic to generate artificial density in project, increasing their total weight in order to, usually, provide stability. It was often droids, like the CIS B3 Ultra Battle Droid, or mechanized armor like the Dark Trooper project, where this systems were employed in order to combat the telekinetic attacks employed by the Force Users. While more experienced Force Users were able to lift heavier objects, such as starfighters, if an object would suddenly gain weight then in theory they would still have to take time to adjust to the change, possibly generating an opening which could be exploited, if not fully anchoring the user of Density Projector and warding them off against telekinetic attacks. For this purpose HK has ordered for these devices to be used in the construction of Mobile Barricades, using them to increase the weight of already heavy durasteel blockades and anchoring them further. However, he remembered the old tales of B3 Ultra Droids malfunctioning and their Density Projectors making them immobile, and so he wondered- could they be used for not only defensive but offensive as well?

And so the Plug-N-Play Pocket Density Projector was created, a palm sized oval gadget made from durasteel for base weight and protection of its systems, Echani Graphite capsule to protect main electronic systems, as it was done before in the droids and other electronics manufactured by ARGH, Electrum from Abregado and Copper for efficient wiring and electronics, and Bronzium because just because it was made by soulless machines it didn't mean that it had to look like crap.

The idea behind Plug-N-Play is simple and based on ancient electronics that did not require additional software to use with existing machines, all one had to do was to simply plug them in and so it was ready to play. And so, all the software, energy source, and electronics needed for these gadgets was housed on the sleek oval design in the protection of Graphite capsule. On one side was the small console to set up and engage the mechanism, on the other a pneumatic vacuum-based suction systems to allow the gadget to be attached to pretty much any smooth surface, as opposed to electromagnetic systems who would work only on metals.

While the mechanism itself weighs only a kilogram by itself, thanks to its four self-explanatory modes the weight of the small oval object can be manipulated, each of them can be set on a time delay for up to five minutes time before engaging.

1 ton- either immediately or after a pre-set time the Density Projector gains 1 ton of weight, whether or not it is attached to something.

5 ton- same as before but with a gain of 5 tons of weight.

10 ton- same as before but with a gain of 10 tons of weight.

Exponential Overclocking- This mode is the most interesting, damaging, and costly. When engaged over 3 minutes the device gains weight exponentially, 1 kg becomes 5, then 10, 30, after a minute 1 ton is achieved, after 2 the device is on 15 tons, and at the 3 minute mark the weight becomes quite ridiculous. This means in this mode greater weight is achieved, however, slower than in pre-set weights. But more importantly, after 3 minutes the overcloaking burns up the electronic systems of the Density Projector, causing it to burn up within the Echani Capsule and self destruct without causing any additional damage like an explosion.

The applications of this devices involve defensive tactics- mostly to anchor someone, or something, in order to keep them from being moved, like during natural disasters, such as tornadoes, or when facing a telekinetic assault.

And more importantly, offensive- for example it can be attached to somebody's foot to anchor them down and restrict their movements and open them up to attacks, it can be attached to vehicles such as starfighters in order to disturb their balance and make piloting them more difficult if not impossible, and then it can be dropped on somebody and cause kinetic damage, or, let's say, attach it to your enemy's chest while they are laying on their back, just knocked back by accurate kick, and watch them get slowly crushed under increasing weight of a palm-sized device.

Weaknesses of this device are a few, the Echani Capsule does not protect it against ionic or electrical strikes, meaning it can be disabled with a good hit, hopefully before the weight of it causes too much damage, just the same it can be caused to malfunction in the user's equipment and cause some damage, such as damaging their packs or belts, or knocking them down, and with a good hit the capsule can be disconnected from other systems, or the console can be damaged, making the device unusable, just the same the suction side can be damage, not letting it to stick to surfaces. However, the smaller size of the gadget hopefully would allow the user to attack it to a side where hitting it will be more difficult, such as somebody's back, or underneath a vehicle.

All in all it is a device with a rather simple and general purpose, attach it and put more weight on something, how well and in what situations this is applied in is really restricted only to the imagination of the user.

And more importantly, it will be a base on which HK, Firemane, and Abregado, can build a line of extraordinary new weaponry and equipment.

Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

[member="HK-36"]

This device, as you've described it, cannot feasibly be made into something the size of a human's palm. Tractor beam technology cannot be miniaturized down to that level, which is what the Density Projector uses. You're going to have to increase its size to a reasonable amount, probably about one or two meters in length. The potential for abuse if kept at its current size is absolutely staggering.

The bit about exponential overclocking needs to be removed. This device should not make anything more than 2.5 tons and should eventually short out and self-destruct after a reasonable amount of time.

Please also drop production to minor, since this is just the most insane and reality defying piece of equipment I've ever seen.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Darth Janus"],

Dropping production to minor and overcloaking.

But 1-2 meters in size would be impractical for the current purpose of "Here's this thing on my belt, I attach it to something, something is now heavier" and due to my current drafts of bigger versions already at work, redundant as well.

I am willing to increase the weight to 30-45 cm in length, which would be cumbersome enough to carry around on your belt, 500 kg to 1 ton of projected weight based on the length of the device, lower end of what I requested initially, and it would be proportionate to the density projectors used in Mobile Barricades since they had somewhere between 1.5-2 meters of width (judging from the scale of the soldier standing behind barricade in the picture) to work with and share it with three repulsorlifts to increase the weight of the shield to 1 ton. Presumably enough advancement would be made since then to achieve similar effect in just one portable device, if you want I can make a dev thread to reflect such research efforts in writing. And add to that 5 minutes of lifetime in continuous use before circuits burning out, 10 minutes if the device is used in shorter bursts to let the systems cool down.

I may be able to apply the edits only later today due to a flight I have in few hours.

[member="HK-36"]

HK-36 said:
But 1-2 meters in size would be impractical for the current purpose of "Here's this thing on my belt, I attach it to something, something is now heavier"

It cannot be made for the purpose of "here's this thing on my belt." Tractor beam technology cannot be miniaturized to the point where it can be placed on a person's belt. This is a physical impossibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom