Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Archive) Cinkai-Class Carrier Cruiser

If this is for a non-major faction, I'm sorry to say it's unlikely to be approved.

Beyond that, a couple of concerns;
-You list the armament as being "Balanced", but I don't see how the listed armament falls into that category from our guide
-It's speed and maneuverability are way too low for a ship this size. This is functionally a Star Destroyer. It's speed and maneuverability should reflect this fact
-This looks like it's attempting to be a carrier, but a number of its aspects would appear to denote a heavy battlecruiser approach. You might consider clarifying its design as to which aspect the ship would be.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Everything is in line with the guide lol, even the size. Want me to screencap everything?
Edit: (And I do mean that in a sincere, non-condescending way. I'm just cynical by nature.)

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Grumpy Goat"]

1. Armament. I actually have LESS than what I am entitled to listed. But that's because I decided on ballistic missiles as they can be little nasties of their own in contrast to a salvo of regular missiles. Different strokes for different folks. Or in this case, a different type of target. So it's more than a-ok there. Look. Screencap from Guide
2. It's not a Star Destroyer. It is, according to the guide, classified as a Heavy Cruiser and thus has heavy cruiser maneuverability. I mean, the things a runway on giant engine-filled wings, how slow do you think it's going to go either which way? It's not even a hunk of metal like most cruisers, but your guide measures in length, not mass... But I digress. What's behind door #1?
Standard Ship Measurements
Corvettes 100-200m
Frigates 200-400m
Cruisers 400-600m
Heavy Cruisers 600-1000m <----------------
Light Star Destroyer 1100-1200m
Star Destroyers 1200m-1700m
Command Ship 1700-2000m
3. It's a Heavy Cruiser with the Balanced specs taken into consideration for space. They are allowed hangar space. Screencap from Guide
And lastly! Minor factions are permitted unique, player-captained ships up to a length of 1,000 meters. Boom!

That settle everything? XD​
It follows the guide to a tee.​
This thing is FAR from a star destroyer. Not even a battlecruiser. I mean, by literal leagues.​

I'm aware of what the guide says.

What you might not be aware of is that we judge a ship's overall size based on its longest dimension. In this case, your ships width is 1,700 meters, which is Star Destroyer in size.

It might also behoove you to reign in your sarcasm while in the factory.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
@[member="Grumpy Goat"] What my what? Those are my usual choices in wording. We've never spoken verbally, so it would be incorrect to say that I am being sarcastic. Pixels don't have a tone.

Also, the guide explicitly says Length. Thus, it might be a good idea for you guys to fix that if what you say is the case.

And lastly, it's all wing. It's not even "filled out" if you will. Like I said, the ship guide uses a system based on length instead of overall mass. It shouldn't take an engineer -- which I am (not being sarcastic, being totally serious) -- to figure out that this kind of system is hugely inconsistent. A novel idea on paper, but not entirely accurate. The ship is all wing and maybe 3-400 meters of substantial vessel parts. If you measure it by wingspan, you'll put me at a HUGE disadvantage against solid, fully dimensional cruisers like the "flying wedges" everyone seems to play out. Hell, even the nose to end point measurement isn't the actual size of the fuselage (as it would be measured from the antennae of the bridge to the tips of the tail radomes, rather than the main body).

The bottom line is that the guide is pretty lovely, and I think this ship can adhere very nicely to it in terms of total size, but not every ship is going to be a cookie cutout of an imperial cruiser. That's boring and leaves little room for the variety an entire galaxy provides.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
~ You May Archive This ~​
The guide leaves NO room for creative thinking now. You guys want a flying wedge, you'll get a flying wedge....​
Even though it'll be a clone like EVERYTHING else.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom