Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Archangel Processing Machine MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Processing Machine

Intent: Much of this technology is Star Wars canon already such as Guri and Onadax Droid Technologies. The primary intent was for Archangel's current entechment process to be upgraded to make more effective HRDs that would maintain their human essences like the Onadax Company's allowed back in the day. Thus they detected by force users as normal organics.

Whilst primarily intended for NPCs, this can be used on PCs too, with their writer’s consent.

Overall, the device is designed to be a plot point for continuing threads and offer an interesting opportunity for writers to alter their characters in a fair way if requested.
Development Thread: Completed: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/18450-v-is-for-virus-maelionrave/ - Where Archangel gets the Entechment tech info first
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/17112-the-process-of-processing/ - Where Archangel refines and finishes the first machine and process
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/25069-becoming-an-archangel/ - Where Archangel takes over Loronar after Doll joins and they capture the chief designer and the corporation's files
http://starwarsrp.net/topic/31503-does-this-unit-have-a-soul-maeliondoll/ - Where the new and currently submitted tech is created and tested after hard work and development.
Manufacturer: Archangel
Model: PX2
Affiliation: Archangel Research and Development
Modularity: Yes. See description.
Production: Unique for now. Intention to be minor production.
Material: Durasteel, duraplast, other materials.
Description:
Located aboard the Liberator Station, the new entechment apparatus works much the same as the original did that Archangel had already constructed. At least in design. In practice the results are very much different. Having used an older machine and merely working from there the construction process was shorter and simpler than from starting from scratch. While utilizing somewhat more power, the machine does more and also speeds up the process as Doll and Dominus corrected some design choices in the original apparatus.

Unlike the first Archangel Processing machine, this device requires subjects to be fully alive for entechment to be possible. Dead organics no longer contain their essence and are thus incapable of providing them to the final product. Thus the first stage of the process is to acquire suitable living organics to properly get the most out of this device, though the older models still are at work so dead organics can always be used for those processing devices still.

The second stage is placing a living subject (still unconscious) into a enclosed chamber device. Essentially this machine scans the organics body and mind. If the organic's body is being copied that is. A custom prepared body can also be prepared that the human essence can be enteched to instead. This process takes about an hour, only slightly less than the original. Immediately after the organic's essence is then drawn forth from their body, much like the Ssi-ruuvi and Onadax entechment procedures. The organic's old flesh body then dies as a result. Their essence is then stored in a holding unit device between the chambers while their machine body is constructed with the scanned data. Unless a custom prepared body is used.

The third stage is twofold. Whilst the mass of data is being processed and a droid brain is processed, the chassis of the droid is being fabricated. This process takes some account of the subject’s size, weight and gender. Each HRD produced as part of this process is unique. Once the droid’s shell has been created and tested for impurities the final programming is underway. This is again only if the new body for the HRD is a copy of the organic themselves. A body of any other shape may also be placed within the final chamber without waiting, though of course it takes time to build them all the same before.

The final stage is to entech the essence into the new human replica droid's body. With this done the machine the matter of required programming depends upon the body and usage. Those who are placed within copies of their old bodies merely have at this time the secret backdoor protocols and advanced language, information and combat knowledge installed along with several layers of loyalty programming and a shutdown process should the essence prove to make them human enough to disobey down the line. However, those with custom bodies meant for specific tasks their old bodies would not fit the roles of find themselves in a different situation. As their essence is enteched to the droid brain their 'mind' is reprogrammed as files, code, and more overwrite their old organic life. Their memories and personality are destroyed for a new background to be programmed in so the mind fits the body more, and thus so does the essence as it is bound to the droid brain and each piece of it reprogrammed causes the essence to change as well to fit the new person. In effect, the old organic dies as a new person is created in their place with their mind rewritten. They also receive the necessary protocols, language and combat programs, and loyalty layering that the others receive.

The whole process takes place in the course of a week and is rather expensive. However the results are magnificent. This new form of processing allows the organic to live unlike the previous model, granting them everlasting life and freedom from organic weaknesses. The price of course being absolute loyalty to Archangel whether they know it or not programmed into them. With an essence though these units are also much more effective at copying mannerisms of their organic mind's they recall and can fool force users who feel them as normal humans. However, they still face the same weakness as other machines and those methods of detection.

As Archangel processes they will seek an easy way to speed up and accelerate the process to allow for multiple units at once to be constructed. The ultimate goal of course is to make it so that hundreds, thousands, millions can be processed and the Age of Steel begun.

Created HRDs

Classification: Third/Fourth Degree. HRDs straddle the line between combat and human interaction models.
Weight: Varies but usual models 100kgs.
Height: Varies depending on processed individual. Standard models 1.8 metres.
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments: Aside from its strength these units have no in built weapons. They are programmed to use a wide variety of ranged and melee weapons though.
Misc. Equipment: Visual processing modes; infrared, low-light, 20x magnification. Vocabulator capable of mimicking any known voice and speaking several thousand languages. Invisible communicator with audio or text broadcasting to other units on the same planet. (Secret holonet transceiver used by Archangel to control or monitor units.)
Description:
The HRDs created by the Processing machine are similar to Maelion and Moira in most aspects. Their regular human exteriors conceal a machine.
Strengths:
  • Incredibly strong. Their capability is usually upwards of double a comparable human. For a very short period they can lift triple the weight. As they also feel no pain they can use their bodies as weapons or to smash through barriers.
  • Extremely resilient. An HRD can take several blaster bolts to the head or chest before the unit fails. Their armour and metal body gives them the equivalent of class 5-6 armour over their whole body. Limbs can be severed and severe damage done, but it will press on regardless.
  • Skilled Infiltrators. HRDs are designed to look, act and seem human. They can blend into social situations, using their abilities to get close to their targets. Using Dominus designs from his time at Loronar most units can also add in the ability to eat to better fool organics. An ability Guri had in canon as well.
  • Relentless. HRDs are assassins and combat droids of a highly advanced level. They know neither fear nor any other emotion except when they mimic it. They are implacable and ruthless.
  • These new units with essences enteched into the HRD as well make them even more effective infiltrators to the point of fooling most force users. Typically it is to be assumed only those with a high aptitude of mental intrusion techniques will notice them at all as different from normal humans, and it is unlikely outside of combat such would be employed. Essences can also be altered as the droid brain they are imbued into are reprogrammed as they are then connected.
  • The machine and process are nearly 100% impossible to replicate. They were created from an access to entechment technology on hand already at Archangel, the files on said technology, the chief designer (Dominus) of the Loronar Corporation which specializes in droid tech and synthetic/HRD creation, said designer and company's files on Ssi-ruuvi and Onadax technology though incomplete, funding to do so, resources to do so including some of the existing tech Archangel already possessed, numerous organic subjects to test, and the desire and resolve to do so.

Weaknesses:
  • Machine Vulnerabilities. As machines HRDs suffer especially from ion and electrical attacks. A blast of Sith Lightning or an ion grenade can severely damage vital systems even if the unit is not destroyed.
  • Not invincible. HRDs are powerful, but in the high tech modern galaxy they are not invulnerable. Blaster bolts to the head or chest can disable them, as can powerful explosives and especially lightsabres. Usually two blaster bolts or a lightsabre blow is needed to penetrate an area of armour.
  • Detectable. This first wave of HRDs are not infallible. Anyone able to detect their weight will find it off, whilst someone able to do a deep scan will notice oddities from their metal skeletons and parts.
  • Essence effects currently unknown. Long term effects from having an essence bound to their bodies could potentially mean any units made with this entechment procedure could become more human in the future than machine. Experiments ongoing to determine such effects. Thus these units are few in number for now.
  • Units with essence entechment cannot use the force just like older models and other machines. Even if they wielded the force before they would be unable to do so after being enteched, though they would gain physical strength like all others and freedom from organic weakness.
In other areas the HRDs are based on the Guri method of construction. Their skin is cloned human skin from their original template, unless a custom body is prepared. The blood and other organic material is synthetic whilst the skeleton is a mix of metal and high strength polymers.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
Firstly, I'd like to say that I am extremely impressed with all of the dev threads that have been put towards this goal. Not only is work put towards this substantial, but it is also of high quality as well. However, Entechment isn't storing a person's life essence into a machine, at least not how it's being presented in this submission. The only thing that a person's life essence provides is power, not their presence in the Force. Now, I've not read the Truce at Bakura or the other books/comic involving Entechment but the Entechment article states that Luke Skywalker was able to sense the pain of the people who'd been Enteched, as in the actual people, not the machines that were powered by them. Unless you can provide to me an excerpt from a Canon source that says Luke(Or any Jedi) was able to sense the presence of the Force from a machine that had been Enteched I'm going to have to deny this on principal, as the proposed solution simply wouldn't work technologically.

[member="Doll Crux"]

[member="Valik"]

I did believe I linked you to the wookie page for Onadax which does explicitly state just that, sorry if it appears buried. The story "Or die trying", which was where Onadax made its appearance, elaborates on another story, Force Heretic II: Refugees I believe, leading from the Youzhan Vong war where a Ssi-ruuvi invasion of Bakura attempted to happen again. Molierre Cundertol was the then Prime Minister and his body was created by Onadax Droid Technologies. He sufficiently went undetected at the time until his cover was blown as a conspirator aiding the Ssi-ruuk. Jaina Solo then went to Onadax and obliterated the company on the grounds that immortality was an unethical dilemma.

It is stated their souls are indeed enteched into the droids correctly here: Specifically in this paragraph I'll copy/paste and that you can double check from the link too.

The HRD introduces himself as Stanton Rendar, a formerly dead Human who was resurrected into an HRD body, and tells Solo the history and mission objectives of ODT, also known as Onadax Droid Technologies. Believing that every sapient being has the right to life, they create HRDs for wealthy clients with wishes ofimmortality and use the Ssi-ruuk's entechment process to transfer their souls into the droid bodies. Nonetheless, they operate in secrecy, believing that the galaxy would not understand. Rendar offers Solo an HRD of her own, but she envisions an army of invincible dark side–using HRDs and steadfastly refuses. She prepares to apprehend him, but Rendar has anticipated her refusal and sends a group of battle droids after her as he flees the planet in a prepared shuttle. Solo swiftly destroys them with her lightsaber and is forced to also flee from the exploding building that Rendar has programmed to self-destruct.[1]
The only thing actually iffy is whether or not they could use the force, which was one of Jaina Solo's concerns if Dark Siders ever got ahold of the tech. However, as that would be overly OP, I personally, and with consent from other Archangel members, have made it so that force powers don't transfer if an organic had them before. I hope this canon source is satisfactory for you.

Again here are the links for Onadax and the Canon Excerpt. I realize I didn't actually link "Or Die Trying" before. Would you like it in the submission?

I see where you were going though, but what you're focusing on is strictly the Ssi-ruuvi's method of entechment which Onadax refined upon. The Ssi-ruuvi method does indeed use the essence strictly as a power source. Onadax tied them to the droid's very brain.

Edit: I made one error and edited it. It was in Force Heretic: Refugees, not Shield of Lies, where Molierre Cundertol appeared with his body. No force user there could tell that he now inhabited a machine body until Jaina Solo cut off his arm as he made his escape.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
[member="Doll Crux"]

After considerable analysis of your provided links and deep discussion with Ashin Varanin, a staffer who has considerably more firsthand experience with entechment than I, I have found this submission to be what I was hoping for, functional and approve-able. Significant dev threads will be required to amplify this past cottage level production, and I expect a thread to be done for every PC that undergoes this process, but otherwise this is good to go. Excellent work, excellent sub, and I am extremely pleased that it all worked out. Good on you.

Pending Approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom