Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arbra Touring

Jsc

Disney's Princess
ANS Gideon

She was a Consular-class Retrofit out from Sullust and destined for the planet Arbra. A rescue mission of sorts with something of a mystery tied in between. Indeed, two Jedi Padawans of the NJO had recently gone missing on their way to Naboo two days ago. Just poof. Never made their landing. Luckily however, the registration tags on their Jedi Starfighters had recently been pulled on Arbra. A private Guild port out in the northern Korma Forest. A rather strange place to land indeed. Especially for two lost Jedi.

Saint Monica of New Prosperity stood on the bridge deck of the ANS Gideon, talking with the ship's pilot. She was a strangely dressed sorceress with a myriad of GA and NJO connections. However independent she might seem. With her black helm absent it was easy to notice her electric blue hair and strong Force Aura. At least, it would be for any other Adepts on board.

Monica was a friend of one of the missing Padawans. Hans Pilzer. A dashing young man of about twenty years old recruited out from Denon in his first year of university. Monica had personally seen to his recruitment into the NJO and felt something of a motherly need to be there when he so easily went missing. And, when they finally found him again. Of course. How this magic blue-haired woman had acquired passage on a firmly GA Navy vessel and it's mostly-secret rescue mission, was anybodies guess?

They were three minutes out from Arbra. Almost time to exit Lightspeed.

_

[member="Kaili Talith"]

[member="Saint Monica"]

There had been strange looks when the blonde entered the Alliance’s office on Sullust and demanded to be part of this operation. Never let it be said nepotism and the promise of ‘corporate favors’ wouldn’t get you anywhere since right there, in the mess hall of the ‘ANS Gideon’, sat one Kaili Talith, sister of Jedi Marshall Aela Talith and overall an expert — for her age anyway — in the fine art of mechu deru. At the time she was knee-deep into her book, but at the signal that their exit from hyperspace was getting imminent she found herself lowering her book, depositing it into her satchel and made way towards the bridge for a last second chance to witness the exit from lightspeed.

Stepping up into the bridge she managed to catch the last few glances of the light as they dragged themselves across the viewport and brought reality back with it. The men caught her somewhat uncalled for intrusion, half of them most likely wondering why they even let a civilian on-board, but Kaili had her own reasons for it. She wanted to help because it was the right thing to do, she wanted to help because some part of her felt as if it was her obligation to do so.

Kaili approached the woman with the brightest aura in the room, presuming her to be the one in charge and gave her a somewhat friendly nod as a greeting. This must have been the woman in charge. The woman was a strong force user, most likely a master, and they were rescuing New Jedi Order padawans.

It had to be.

“Do we have any clue what to expect down there?” Kaili looked at the planet before them. “Who are we looking for?”

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Kaili Talith"]

Monica turned to the bright blonde woman who had just spoken up. Though familiar with her sister Aela and her decorated combat record against the Sith, Monica could not identify Kaili so similar. The blue-haired woman seemed just as surprised to see her on board as the deck officers did. However she did try to hide the surprise from her voice as she turned her shoulders towards the new comer,

"Well. To start, we're looking to find two Jedi Starfighters. And then, just maybe? If we can locate their vessels then perhaps our little lost Jedi will be nearby as well. Yes?"

Monica stopped to gaze deeper into Kaili's eyes. Using the Force to sense deep into the woman's soul. Shortening her story to the very briefest of explanations until she had evaluated this new woman's prowess completely. The co-pilot, Lieutenant Tabrath Valis, a short woman with dashing bob haircut, turned in her chair to better view the conversation. She began with a nod to Kaili's arrival,

"Ah. So you're our other passenger right? Mm. Wondered when you'd find your way up here."

Monica withdrew her eyes and seemed interested in what Valis was asking of the girl. The Lieutenant nodded and then returned her gaze to the planet below.

"Well. Anyway. You're both right on time then. We're bringing her into the forest now. Quite a view. Hold on tight. This will be quick."

Monica smiled and returned her gaze to Kaili,

"Mm. Well. In the meantime. ...I am Monica. Pleased to meet you dear. Always lovely to greet another lost traveler on our mysterious voyage here. Welcome."

A strong male voice rose up from behind the women and interrupted the cabin. It was the ship's Captain, Lieutenant Dom Bel Hassar. Of Naboo. He seemed to speak as if for Talith's benefit as he entered the cockpit,

"Yep'ers. Oh Monica Monica. Ha. Ya know, Monica here was a Jedi Knight during the ol' Omega Pyre days. Hell of a fighter then. One big kapow right after the other. Mm. Now she's just something of an troublemaker to the Order. Runs these strange kind of solo operations out of GA space from time to time. One big baffling mystery cruise, right after another. Ain't that right, Blue? More spycraft than swordplay these days, eh?"

Monica smiled,

"Ah Dom. Such a lovely cheek you have Captain. Mm, well. I see somebodies feeling feeling better after last month's debacle. Hehe. So, will that dry humor of yours be accompanying us down to the surface then? Another little Jedi soiree, mmm?"

"Bah. No no. I'll let Valis and Sten handle the leg work this time. Ugh. Besides, with this knee of mine acting up again? I'd just slow you ladies down anyway."

Valis smiled as she angled the controls,

"Mm. Darn right you would Captain. Besides. Nothing we 'ladies' can't handle anyway. Heh."

The planet's atmosphere burning against the view port in brilliant shades of red and orange. The Captain just smirked and winked to Kaili,

"Ah yeah. Sure, sure. Ladies first and all that."

"Indeed." Monica smiled and turned back to the glass. Ignoring the crowded cockpit as the wide northern forests of Arbra came deep into view.

The Captain nodded again to their destination and turned to take his leave.

"To the Freeport, Lieutenant. Mind the trees. Mmm. Time to see if these card-playing Guilded fops are feeling happy and ready to receive us. Ugh. I need a drink. You have the con Valis. Try not to break her."

"Aye aye sir. Coming in for a landing now. Guild's freeport is just up ahead. Landing gear going out."

The endless green forests of Arbra. They had arrived.

[member="Saint Monica"]

She was the passenger aboard the ship, yes. Kaili nodded her head and then watched as the blue-haired woman introduced herself. Her name was Monica and from the introduction she appeared to be a rather happy sort. “Thank you.” Kaili smiled at her welcome and then turned to look at the Captain who proceeded to offer some more insight into who the blue-haired woman was. A Jedi Knight during the Omega Pyre days who these days made trouble for the Order. Had Kaili been a more active part of it she would have imagined she would have been the same. It was after all hard to sit around in a single temple when there was a whole world out there, much less a galaxy.

And there was something about how close-knit the group all seemed to be. It was nice to see after having witnessed what horrors that the galaxy could bring out of hiding at seemingly random intervals.

The forests came up on the viewport and Kaili turned to face it in full. Her nerves started to tangle up in preparation for the landing. It was what usually happened in ships, but only for landings. People who had survived a ship crash had that subtle fear for the landings. At the very least, more than most would fear them. In that Kaili was no exception.

The sound of the landing gear touching ground, and the subtle feeling of the mind accepting the ship’s floor as a solid ground caused Kaili to shiver for a moment. She shook the bad feels off of her shoulders and looked to the others, to Monica who she would be following.

“Well, that’s the hard part over and done with.” She tried to keep up with the others and their witty banter. “Shall we see about finding those jedi?”

The kid grabbed her satchel and flung it onto her shoulder. “Do we have any leads to follow beyond that their ships landed her some while ago?”

Jsc

Disney's Princess
jasper_zpscc5qzl1p.png
[member="Kaili Talith"]

Monica paused near the exit ramp to await the others. Valis and Sten, the GA attachment to this mission, would be along shortly. The old Adept toyed with her hair as they waited,

"Arbra is well within the GA's sphere of influence. So, normally these types of things would be much easier. Unfortunately our two lost Padawans have decided to land their vessels at a trade guild's mining outpost. High up in these northern forests. Naturally, they forgot to pay their bill and the guild went looking for somebody to come collect on our lost winged toys. Nice of them to call us really. Considering I myself would have just sold the darn Starfighters to begin with. Hm."

"Heh. That's not a bad idea." Came a strong smokey voice.

"Ah. Hello Sten, ...Valis. Glad you both could join us."

"Charmed. Of course." The softer cushion that was Lieutenant Valis.

Both GA officers held the rank of Navy Lieutenant and were equipped for a terrestrial combat mission. Of course. Even if blue and black body-armor were hardly the colors of the flora and fauna around here.

Sten was a tall soldierly type. Husky voice, shaved head, and a well tapered beard. He had his fair share of facial scars and, what appeared to be, Kiffar tribal markings across his cheeks. Those strange yellow lines that the hunters all wore with pride. Valis was far shorter. The smart one on the team. While a skilled soldier herself, she prided herself on her more technical skills. Hacking, slicing, and computer lore. She was a fine pilot too and didn't mind a casual tour of duty. But when it came to getting down-and-dirty? She could enjoy herself just as much as the boys.

The larger Sten shouldered his rifle and sort of, scoffed at the sight of Kaili, "Monica. Who's the new girl."

"Shut up Sten. She's good." Valis bumped him in the ribs.

"Ow." He frowned with a shrug.

If Talith was the mind-reading type, she would probably notice her sister's image in Valis' eyes. Mmm. I guess somebody had read her file. Or, perhaps just having a Jedi Marshal for a sister gets you some respect among the grunts. Who could say.

Monica received her black helm and nodded to the violence,

"Actually. We haven't properly been introduced?"

She slipped on her helm and hit the door lock to 'open'. The hatch slowly began to lower into the hard dirt. Letting in a cool winter breeze. Sten rolled his eyes and began,

"Fine. I'm Lieutenant Sorenson. This is Lieutenant Valis. We're your operators for the day and, no, we only take orders from the Captain. So don't go getting all Jedi on me, savvy."

"We call him Sten. Don't mind his manners either. He's good." Valis smiled.

Monica swaggered her dark hips and gave a wave to Kaili,

"Well. Go on girl. ...Introduce yourself. Hehe."

[member="Saint Monica"]

Okay, so not everyone approved of having new people around. Kaili gave him an unappreciative glare at the scoff. They were going to get along just fine on a professional level, but on a personal level? Well, needless to say he made a horrible first impression. Kaili of course shook the somewhat bitter face as he was punched in the ribs, but the slight still remained. As petty as she ever was. At least she could appreciate Valis who seemed to be a somewhat subtle reminder of the girl’s own partner. Had Kaili known about her skills she would have most likely been somewhat frightened at the similarities. After all, a tech-savvy pilot was the best way to describe that special someone Kaili had.

“I am Kaili Talith, I don’t really know what or how to describe myself, but I guess you could call me a technopath?” Kaili shrugged. “I specialize in using the force in symbiosis with mechanical lifeforms, Mech Deru some would call it.”

“Well, that and taboo, but I was raised to look beyond such superstitions.” She shrugged, again. “I guess most of you have heard about my sister if anything, Aela. She’s a Jedi Marshall. It was through her that I found myself with all you lovely people,” Kaili looked at the soldier boy. “And Sten.”

Never let it be known that she wasn’t sassy, and not always in a good way. Perhaps they both had their tempers, or perhaps Kaili just had a deep appreciation for being mean at times. She had to admit that punching things, mainly inanimate objects, was her favorite way to make nerves settle.

“So, if we need anything disrupted, a droid, a terminal… A building… I am your gal.”

Kaili took her first step off the ramp and into the cold. A shiver ran down her spine, no doubt the file on her mentioned that much like her sister she had been born and raised on Borleias which was a planet consisting of beaches and jungles. Needless to say, cold was a concept that at times seemed alien to her.

“So from what you told me, I gather we should find this outpost and see about having them return our friends.” Kaili looked out across the landscape. “And preferably by less violent means?”

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Kaili Talith"]

Monica smiled when Kaili mentioned violence,

"Of course dear. The less violence the better. Hehe."

She tapped her helm and stepped out into the open dirt. Nodding to chilly green tundra that awaited them before the forest's edge. Ah. Just beautiful.

"...Did ya here that Sten. The lady said, less violence." Valis smirked.

"Yeah yeah. I heard. Pfft."

He played with something in his teeth and scoffed. She could harrass him all she wanted. He still didn't know what a 'technopath' was. Ugh. Jedi. Why did it always have to be Jedi.

Monica snapped her fingers, "Valis. Ride please."

"On it."

The Lieutenant tapped her wrist pad a few times. Immediately the cargo bay of the corvette discharged three speeder bikes. Three lovely silver craft with sharp red stripes. Goodness.

"Excellent. Thank you darling. Much better."

Monica climbed aboard and gave a wave to Kaili,

"Can you drive love? If not you can ride with good lady Valis there. She doesn't mind a little company. Chatty little thing."

"...Well. She ain't riding with me." Sten waved, "This bike reads, no technopaths allowed. Heh."

The big man jumped aboard a bike and shook his head. Almost proud to be in full defiance of their community spirit.

Monica gave a wave of her hand and Sten quickly toppled over into the dirt. Swoosh! Plop. Thud. Assisted by a push of the Force, no doubt.

"Don't listen to him Kaili girl. I think he just likes you. Hehe."

Monica smiled as she started her engine. Signaling for Sten to remount and loose that frowny face, as quickly as possible.

"Alright then. I'll take point. Valis. Sten. Mind the snow melt, yes. Just a quick jaunt of the mountain now. The guild outpost isn't far."

Sten scoffed and leaned on his bars,

"Yeah well. How about next time? We just land at the outpost and skip this little merry-go-round, yeah."

Valis laughed,

"Land a corvette on a mountain side? Good grief Sorenson. Grow a brain."

"Tut tut now." Monica clapped, "Let's be off. ...Oh. Kaili, sorry about the wind dear. We'll make this quick."

The wind chill from a speeder bike journey could get pretty icy. Especially at elevation. Monica seemed to notice Talith's aversion to the cold and figured to warn her. Little help as it was.

She hit the gas and started off for the mountain trail. They'd be there in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom