Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Aran-12 Pauldron

Status
Not open for further replies.
arc-clone-trooper-echo-phase-ii-armor-1-6-scale-figure-4.jpg
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To fill my addiction to making stuff
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: Pauldron
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: My crazy mind
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: RMIA
  • Model: Aran-12
  • Affiliation: Closed Markets (Ask First)
  • Modularity: High, material may be changed to match the armor its attached to, color may be changed
  • Production: Mass Produced
  • Material: Mandalorian Steel, electronic parts
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Pauldron
  • Weight: 1.5 kg
  • Quality: 8
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Faraday cage
  • Power Shield
  • Built-in Encrypted, Long range comms unit
  • Grenade Hooks (3) OR ammo pouches (3)
  • 1 concealed dart rocket launcher
  • Built in distress beacon
  • Radiation deflection badge
  • Digital Life support system
  • HUD connected
  • IFF transponder
  • Long range target finder
  • Built in Long range sensors
    Infared
  • Ultraviolet
  • X-Ray
  • Lifeform scanners
  • Thermal
  • Visual
  • Motion
  • Audio sensors

DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
N/A
Strengths:
  • Extra Goodies: The Aran-12 comes with a crap-ton of goodies built in. Its scanner package comes with a whole lot of fun stuff just to make sure the user is extra aware of what's going on around them. On top of that there are either 3 ammo pouches or 3 grenade hooks depending on which variant the user buys. Honestly, though, these connectors can be switched out between encounters to make for a more adaptable set of armor. Just to be on the safe side, it comes with a digital life support system that will monitor the user and when they are badly injured, relay this info to the HUD wirelessly. All in all, there's just a lot of cool stuff here that can be pretty handy.
  • Faraday cage: This pauldron comes with a gorgeous copper mesh that protects its essential electronic components from Ion and EMP damage. Its just one of those cool things to help keep you on top of your game at all times, and an RMIA trademark.
  • Material may be changed: Aran-12s can be custom ordered. Say a customer (bob'alor, for example), stumbles upon some beskar or any other cool metal like that. If bob'alor provides said beskar for their armor and for this custom order, the Aran-12 can be crafted out of it at a premium price. Basically, this is so that people like bob'alor can have the option of the Aran-12 in their armor subs without totally messing it up for them. Note that this only works if the Aran-12 is explicitly in their premade armor sub.
Weaknesses :
  • Bulky: The Aran-12 adds a certain level of bulk to armor that a lot of soldiers don't want. When wearing the pauldron its pretty challenging for the user to raise their arms over their head. Also, that extra weight just does wear on the user over time (if you don't think that's hard, try wearing an extra 1.5 kgs around your shoulders for a couple hours and tell me how its working for you). And that .6kg's isn't including any grenades or ammo clips stored in the pouches, that adds up too.
  • Reload: The shoulder rocket is not able to be reloaded quickly, it takes 3 minutes minimum to reload and both hands. In the middle of combat that's a lifetime without your hands on your rifle.
  • limited coverage: Ok, guys, let's be honest, there's a reason why a lot of warriors started giving them up for more mobility and agility. That reason? A pauldron only covers the shoulder and neck area. It doesn't cover the face, groin, the fleshy stomach, inner thighs or any of those vital regions. This one just covers the neck and shoulders.
677cad5c8a76d231df1a90f869ab95d2.jpg
Grenade variant of the Aran-12 in use.
DESCRIPTION
The Aran-12 is designed to bring the Pauldron into the modern warrior's toolbelt. Metaphorically speaking of course. In the olden times the Pauldron evolved from fur pelts, capes, and other distinguishing flare that soldiers of status would us to say look at me, I am the head hancho and that important guy. On one hand, that's great because everyone knows who is in charge. On the other, it sucks because then everyone knows who to shoot at.

Over time, the Pauldron fell to a vanity or rank article of armor. After the Galactic Empire fell, really, they even lost that, and have all but fallen into obscurity in the ancient age.

Switch gears slightly; the most important weapon a warrior has is intelligence, data they gather from the world around them. Unfortunately, you'd be surprised how many armor sets these days come without adequate sensor tech. Or medical supplies like a Digital Life support system, a Radiation deflection badge, or a distress beacon when they are on death's door. Oh crap, right?

Now since it would be a shame to toss the entire armor set out for these multitudes of defunct tin-cans, RMIA decided to help the brother out and put the old piece of armor to work in the same swing. Just slip the pauldron on over head, secure the fasteners to your amor's belt or combat harness, sync it with your helmet's HUD and you are good to go. (If you forgot to give your helmet a HUD, come see our shop and for a charge, we'll give you a new one. Or just shoot you for being so stupid.)

Obviously, the Pauldron stopped being used for more reasons than just vanity. Its bulky, constricts movement, and honestly, looks dumb on the wrong set of armor.

All in all, its just a modern set of armor.

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

Ardgal Raxis said:
Faraday cage Power Shield Built-in Encrypted, Long range comms unit Grenade Hooks (3) OR ammo pouches (3) 1 concealed dart rocket launcher Lightsaber resistant Built in distress beacon Radiation deflection badge Digital Life support system HUD connected IFF transponder Long range target finder Built in Long range sensors
  • If you want all of these system built into a pauldron, I'm going to have to ask you to increase its weight. Think something in the 1.5 kg ballpark at the very least.

Ardgal Raxis said:
Lightsaber resistant
  • What material grants this property? Mandalorian steel is comparable to Turadium, which only means it takes a bit longer than usual to cut through, especially given that a pauldron is extremely thin compared to a blast door.
  • From the Mandalorian steel submission:
    Special Features:
    Roughly comparable to Matrix Armor (overall)
  • Better than Durasteel, worse than a restricted metal. (kinetic durability)
  • Better than Duraplast, worse than a restricted metal. (energy/thermal resistance)
  • Roughly comparable to Turadium (lightsaber resistance)
  • Lighter than Alusteel (weight)

Ardgal Raxis said:
Modularity: High, material may be changed to match the armor its attached to, color may be changed
  • I'm not sure this is going to work. Changing the material inherently changes its properties, which could mean that this pauldron could be a quality 10 on a beskar set of armor, and a quality 5 on some cheap plasteel suit.
  • Unless you can come up with a solution that avoids these pitfalls, I'm going to have to ask you to remove this.

Ardgal Raxis said:
Faraday cage
  • Please list this under Strengths in the form of EMP/Ion resistance
  • From the Armor template:

Raziel said:
    Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission. (If your armour has any specific resistances to types of attack (e.g. Ion/EMP/Lightsabers) please list these here))
@mention me with edits or questions

[member="Netherworld"]

Alright, man, thanks. So I made those edits, I removed the need for the lightsaber thing, I added the Ion/EMP thing, and for the armor thing, I meant like, if its added into a sub, someone can make it fit their overall armor class and stuff but just the regular Aran-12 is going to be what it is here.

Does that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom