Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any place for a politician char here?

Corey's OOC

And where were the spiders
I'm sure we will find a place and need for a senator!

As of right now, we're still in our planning and groundwork laying bit, so bear with us while we work to provide you with better answers.

This is not a recording.

[member="Sankt Yora"]

What are you looking for? TBH I wrote the Politics half very quickly, but I know that sometimes the state-run pieces get mucky.

How can you help us develop the political aspect of your dreams?
[member="Sankt Yora"]

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

Any worse than military pieces? Honestly, I've seen people more upset about PVP than about a Senate bill. I think the problem is more OOC personalities than IC, but like anything, a certain type of RP tends to attract people who don't understand the concept of escapism and RP what they know in real life.

*shrugs*

Maybe some minor policy meetings? I do like the confederation style government, it's different and lends more to solo RPers. I guess what I'm saying is that Yora's political aspect is more group based.

The main concern here is that we are trying to make the Galactic Alliance very loose, loose to play and loose with too what we expect characters to understand and what we want to get done. Yes, we're much more militant and by definition it pulls away from the idea of a group government. We don't want to be pulling away from everyone else's play as it does seem sometimes waiting on a Senate aspect to pass and happen does create tension, it creates discussing things in a meeting ICly, and for hte OOC vibe here, we want to create an environment that is more about doing, playing, and getting the game rolling.

Not to say there isn't a time and place for meetings of senators/governors, but we're not really looking to be lead by some committee meeting that enforces rules. We're more...

"Go and fight the bad guys. Free the oppressed and have fun."

What we're looking for, that hasn't been updated in the post about the government, is that our Governors have the run of their systems, and can and should collaborate with other planets. Work as ambassadors to one another, help each other out, set up diplomacy threads with other factions, planets for dominion, and groups. We're looking to exist with a simple, flat system, hence the NPC Triumverate, but that isn't to say there isn't a need for arcs to sway the trio to one course of action or another.

This faction is working on member-base drive, but with the rules of keeping things simple and keeping it friendly, and keeping it easy to use. We don't want to muck up a system, so its all member run, its not going to be creating a list of bills and expecting hoops to be jumped through. It'll be more ambassadors, and working with the direction of the people, but with the knowledge that the Galactic Alliance is designed to free systems, oppose the Sith/Dark Side, and fix the problems in the galaxy.

Well, I think you may have a misunderstanding of what I'm looking for. Of course I'm not suggesting that the OOC structure has to be significantly impacted by political events. But to imply that such a body cannot exist without catapulting a faction into disfunction is a misrepresentation of the idea.

It's okay, you have your vision and I have my tastes. They may not align. That's perfectly fine, and I'm not disappointed that Yora is a poor fit for this faction. I might resurrect an inactive alt to write here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom