Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Minor Factions Active? Looking for a faction

KitKat

I’ve been browsing the minor factions but I’ve realized some are side projects and others are just recourses. I thought it might be easier to ask here if there are any minor factions that are active and recruiting?

KitKat

Is your faction a family faction or can anybody join?

I was looking at a few like the Galactic News Network and was just wondering which ones are active. I sent a few pms to the owners.

Draconis Caesar

D
Perhaps you'd be interested in joining Golden Company? We're a group of mercenaries based on the Thyrsian Sun Guard, but all are welcome among our ranks!

[member="Bandit Six"]

GNN

Galactic News Network Reporting Live!
Join the GNN by all means. The GNN is completely unaligned with anyone. It can turn up in anyone's doms, invasions, or anything else (with permission ofc) I didn't personally create the concept, it has been used in RP for years by a couple of writers. Though I was an early contributor to the lore.

Think of it as a way to play a reporter anywhere, at any time. Although I play on the words, they are biased to no one but their sponsors :D

I will add the news standoff scene linked in the sig, I wanted them to start a bit fake and work to become more real through RP, but that was just my arc for my personal reporters.

This is another Minor. If the GNN is the nice guy to show up in any dom/invasion/rebellion etc. The Hive is not :D

Very early days for us yet. No faction ad or anything yet as we are setting up the groundwork. Just a couple of us working out the details, with a few more expressing their interest.

http://starwarsrp.net/groups/726-the-swarmsurge/

Working out a collective consciousness, and what can go into it. Someone suggested purity as a concept, for example, another emotion, how that would play out over a million collective creatures. But like I say early days, at the moment its a single collective will with seasons to it on individual planets, different levels of consciousness on various worlds, and various factors of surging like the Richter scale for earthquakes.

The main thing for me that makes it interesting at this early stage is how malleable the entire faction is playing as a single organism, that and how much fun we can have with any SW species.

KitKat

[member="Draconis Caesar"]. I would have to read up more because I’m not familiar with that at all.

[member="Akestos"] I love your avatar. I think trying to get all those writers into one mind will be an interesting challenge.

[member="GNN"] I actually have a reporter I used to write here. At the time there wasn’t a group but maybe I can bring them back now that there is.

[member="Bandit Six"]
This is true.
I see it more though. What they are thinking, is what the swarm is thinking, as they are the swarm. So its an easy fit in rp terms :). The hive mind is a different part of the collective consciousness.

If you want to put the reporter in the GNN feel free, no real plans apart from turning up where they are fun, welcome or people want some dom posts. Maybe i'll dev some news ships and tech eventually, or others can. Flying camera drones etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom