Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antarian-class Frigate (Hero Unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=11.5pt]
antarianclasscruiser.jpg

Classification:
[/SIZE]
Frigate (Hero Unit)
Role: Fast Attack Frigate
Height: 90
Width: 130m
Length: 390m
Power Core Generator/Reactor: Standard solar ionization reactors
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1, Class 12 Backup
Minimum Crew: 10
Optimal Crew: 768
Armaments:
12 Dual Heavy Turbolaser turrets

2 Oversized Heavy Ion cannons
12 Laser cannons
3 Tractor Beam Projector
Hanger:
24 Fighters

2 Combat Shuttles
2 “Walkers” (About Clone War Era Republic Walker sized)

5 Speeder Bikes
Non-Combative Attachments: Meditation Chamber, Shields, Sensors, all the standard equipment of a ship this size
Passenger Capacity:
180 Troops

50 Passengers
Cargo Capacity: 600 Metric Tons
Consumables: 1 Year
Sublight Speed and Maneuverability: Class 5

Intent: Jedi Flag ship! Also made for pursuit and interdiction

Manufacturer: Antari Ranger Volunteer Engineer Corps
Model: System Monitor
Affiliation: Jedi
Modularity: no
Production: Pair of Prototypes
Material: Durosteel
Description:
The system of Antar has a long history of supporting the Jedi Order, and indeed the Antari Rangers have been active in the years following the darkness. Although Antar was a neutral system the Rangers had long been independent and sought to aid their Jedi brethren.

In secret they began designing and constructing a pair of vessels for the Jedi to use in their mission of peace. The vessels hull was designed and built in an aerodrome on the plains of Antar, designed to be a mid sized ship relying on speed and heavy hitting power. As construction began on the pair of deadly vessels the design was fine-tuned and the costs soon increased, becoming astronomical for a ship of their size.

Heavy turbolaser turrets were tacked onto the ships hull with emphasis placed on its belly where its weapons could support ground troops in a landing. On the prow of the ship two heavy Ion cannons, more suitable to a larger vessel like a star destroyer, were added to give the vessel the ability to disable other vessels for boarding actions. The intent was for the ship to face primarily pirates and be able to overpower any vessel of its size. Because its original mission was interdiction the vessels engines were made extremely powerful giving it the ability to keep up with smaller corvette vessels.

The two vessels were completed, one christened the Sunrise and the other the Tefari after the late Jedi Grandmaster. The Tefari was then gifted to the current Jedi Grandmaster and the order as a whole.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Missed a spot. "Some form of power."

A 400m ship with a skeleton crew of 10 is a high level of automation. What precedents are you working from?

Boba Fett piloted a Star Destroyer by himself *shrugs* Also a crew of 20 manned a Super Star Destroyer in Iron Fist? or whichever book it was where they stole the SSD. So 10 didn't seem like too little for a bare minimum.

ALSO... yeah forgot a source of power... mostly because there is a gap in my Star Wars Knowledge. I know what powers a Star Destroyer. I know what powers a fighter. But I can't find what powers a frigate.... I'm tempted to just write "standard reactor"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
*nods* Wasn't entirely sure what level of functionality you meant. Thanks for clarifying.

As far as power generation goes, solar ionization reactors have been installed on everything from TIE variants to ISD's. A solid, generic choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom