Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another 'Vester for The Guide

Byblos
Conference Center

Hadn't left Byblos yet, but perhaps that was more luck than anything else. The Tech Expo was over but many of the companies remained cleaning up - a prime opportunity to get in touch and make new contacts. Magda had just finished speaking with an upstart tech and small device company when she received yet another message on her datapad. There was a man at the GUIDE booth on the second floor asking about sponsorship and investment on a conference call.

The second to contact them today! If only every day could bring as much interest. Magda hurried back, arriving through a throng of curious Expo-Goers waiting in line to try out the Guide datapad prototype.

"What's his name?" GUIDE Founder and CEO asked as she stepped through the booth curtain to the back private area.

"Doctor Karl Vester," said a Scribe, "I have him on hold. He seemed eager to speak to the Founder rather than some silly Scribe."

"If only I could be in multiple places at once. How do I look?"

"Professional."

The young woman smiled brightly. Professional was a hard look for her to pull off, but she'd managed to do it for half a day yet. Magda smoothed a hand back over her hair to calm any vagrant frizzies escaping from her up-do before taking a seat before the holocall transponder. One hand smoothed her suit jacket while the other leaned forward to take the man off hold.

"Hello Doctor Vester, I'm Magdalena Lethe, Founder of GUIDE. I understand you had some questions about investing and sponsorship. Let's see if I can get those answered for you."

[member="Karl Vester"]

"Ah, yes, Ms. Lethe! Charmed to meet you," came the reply as Vester's holodisplay filled with the image of the GUIDE founder. In return, he keyed his to display as well.

"I called because I feel your group is one of the best and most needer services currently operating in the galaxy. I'm the founder and owner of Vester Technologies, based on New Holstice. We specialize in medical technology and equipment. Bandages to machinery, that sort of thing. With an organization like yours focused on bettering the galaxy at large, well... I can't exactly sit back and let you and yours do all the work alone. I'd like to help out as much as I can."

[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

Magda smiled primly, attempting very actively to keep her enthusiasm in check. It was an infectious sort of emotion and she was feeding off what she perceived to be enthusiasm from the man.

"That's great, we need all the help we can get. Does Vester Technologies serve just the local sectors or is the business broader spanning? I ask only because as GUIDE grows and we gain a larger employee base, our numbers will spread throughout the galaxy. Having access to your supplies throughout the greater galaxy would certainly be a great boon to us - accidents do happen."

[member="Karl Vester"]

"Currently we only serve New Holstice, though our off-world orders are steadily getting larger and more common," Doctor Vester said with a smile. He tapped a few keys on the holodisplay before him, sending a small file towards the GUIDE founder.

"Right now, we're expanding further facilities on New Holstice, but rest assured we can ship wherever the supplies need to go. Currently, we're shipping through a rather generic company in the sector, but my people are hard at work finding a shipping company willing to sign a long term partnership. The company we work with currently is reliable and solid, but we feel it just isn't going to be able to keep up with our needs in the future as we, and our partners, expand."

The display pinged faintly to let him know the data packet was successfully sent through the holonet to the other end of the call, causing him to smile and nod happily.

"From what I understand, your group can genuinely use the supplies and even distribute them if and when needed, which is the key here. As you grow, I expect Vester Technologies to grow as well. You'll not need to worry if supply will fall short of demand, you have my personal word on that. I'll fly out there myself to deliver it if I have to."

[member="Magdalena Lethe"]

Shipping. A line of service Magda had entertained in the twilight stages of creating GUIDE. That alongside several other services she thought might present a more cohesive enabling of the little people of the galaxy were only ideas able to find fruition after the completion of the Guide. She couldn't put the cart before the bantha, but the proposition of medical supplies was certainly an important one to consider.

Accidents do happen. Her mind immediately went back to her little jaunt across Mandalore with [member="Isaiah Dashiell"] and suddenly it seemed ever more relevant.

"I would be delighted for the opportunity to assist another needed service and supply company in growth. As of now I can't comment on a joint effort of supply shipping, but it's certainly a possibility for the future to consider. What sort of supplies do you offer? Bacta and kolto in its various forms? Immunizations and inoculations? Medical response units?"

[member="Karl Vester"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom