Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Time, Another Place

@[member="Cira"]

It was a constant irony that the more things changed, the more they stayed the same. Here Maelion Liates was on Fondor, home of Omega Pyre. In another time, another place, another reality, she had gone to meet another Cira to begin another journey.

This was a different time however, with different urgencies.

The woman walked into the OP Headquarters and approached the desk. "I am Maelion Liates. Ms Cira is expecting me."

A long elevator trip later she was outside Cira's office. Stepping forward without hesitation, she knocked.

She had not disclosed her...abilities...and her references from the Republic did not mention them. All they said was that she was a good agent who had resigned following the fall of Onderon. She waited to be allowed entry, scanning everything.

Cira

C
@[member="Maelion Liates"]

The knock came abruptly, drawing her attention from the stack of data-files. "Come in." she said, the dark auburn head rising towards the door.

@[member="Cira"]

Maelion obediently entered, moved forward and offered a salute. "Cira? I'm Maelion Liates, I requested an appointment with you," she said casually.

She handed over a datapad. It listed her basic details and references from the Republic. Cira, if she was actively using the Force, might detect something...unusual...from Maelion, but it would be hard to pin down just by observation.

Cira

C

Cira took a brief glance down at the screen detailing her appointments for the day. Ah yes. Maelion Liates. Golden eyes drew back to the tall brunette. Coming to her feet, she made her way over to her, extending her hand in cordial greeting. There was something about her, something she couldn't quite peg. She was actively using the Force to mask her signature, but in such a concentrated meditation, she could only grasp bits and pieces of it.

"Welcome Miss. Liates, " she shook her hand. "Welcome to Omega Pyre. " she took the datapad, glancing at it briefly before returning to Maelion, "How may I help you?"

@[member="Cira"]

"I am seeking employment, Ms Cira. I was lately the bodyguard of Supreme Commander Pherson, but he has retired to private life. I felt a move into the private sector would be wise, and so here I am. I have lots of things I can do which might help out."

Her forged biography included a detailed timeline going back twenty five years to her birth. It was quite a masterpiece of obscuration.

Cira

C

Slowly, Cira brought the datapad up, her thumb easily swiping through display after display. Curiosity, as her kind were wont to do, filled her eyes as she drew her attention back to Maelion, "You worked with the Supreme Commander of the Republic?" that drew both brows to rise a millimeter. News of Pherson's retirement certainly sent shock waves, so it was with ample curiosity that made her wonder why his former body guard would desire employment here instead of filling in for the new one.

"Why not remain to be the new bodyguard of the newly appointed Supreme Commander?" long legs and a slow hip sway brought the Prex back to her desk, where she began the normal procedure of collaborating the data complied.

@[member="Cira"]

"I did not find my conditions of employment in the Republic...agreeable. Furthermore, I found that it didn't give me the sort of opportunities for action I had been looking for. My hope is that you will find me more useful and that they pay's a bit better!"

She smiled easily, hand on hip. So convincing.

Cira

C
Her right brow rose another millimeter.

"Unagreeable?" she asked, coming to sit down upon her chair. A hand motioned for Maelion to sit down. Beside her, the datasystems continued to do the background search; with an added benefit of using the recently acquired Syndicate datasystems -- something that may or may not have been known to Ms. Liates.

"How so?" she asked quizzingly, "And just what are the opportunities you desire?"

"I was treated as a piece of furniture, as a chauffer, a secretary. That is not what I do," she said with real indignation. Though the droid could not get bored and found most human activities to be absurd...she was outraged that she had been treated so poorly.

"I want to be respected and treated as something useful by my employer. I want to be your bodyguard, and I want to fight your enemies!" she said with real passion. Not having a Controller was making her antsy.

Her profile would show a whole upbringing, but it was a fascade. A look into her school yearbook for instance would reveal no one of her name. It was a cover, if Cira looked that far, but for what?

Cira

C
"A complaint that many of my employee's can relate in regards to their former employers," Cira stated plainly, leaning back again the plush black chair.

"You seem to have a formidable amount of skills Ms. Liates," her finger idly swept through her qualification, a faint smile upon her lips. Finally she put down the datapad and clasped her hands together, elbows propped on the desk.

"But why do you want to be my bodyguard specifically?"

"You were the most interesting choice I had. I...disagree with the Sith, I want no part of the Republic, and I do not want to be the bodyguard of a crime boss. Therefore there was only you left. Furthermore you are interesting and mysterious, and you pay well by all accounts."

There were other reasons of course, but none of them could be said without giving away too much.

Cira

C
Maelion would not be the only member of Omega Pyre who wasn't too fond of the Sith. Each had their reasons, but being thorough to begin with helped save any issues in the future.

"Disagree with the Sith? In what aspect?" it would appear she was making small talk, but she was also jolting down mental notes. If she wanted to be Cira's bodyguard.... well.. that would take further probing than the normal employee. Especially considering the most recent events that occurred with Ayden and Sarge. "The chance that we contract with them or the Republic may come up... we are a company who profits off such contracts of course. "

So it was with this, that Cira lowered her concentration in hiding her signature, and instead paid more attention to Maelion. It was with the intention of noticing any subtle tells that may discern if the woman was being deceitful in her answers, or to sense if there was anything noteworthy to be concerned about. Mal intent one would say. Even the subtlest tells as the quickening ofa pulse, the dilation of pupils, or an increase in sweat could be tells.

Life signs that would be irregular...

"The Sith..." she paused. It was difficult to explain. Surely an assassin droid would prefer the Sith? "They are the enemies of order and civilisation. The Sith seek to conquer the galaxy and remove all freedom." While this was true, it wasn't the real reason. Ms Hawk had been a Jedi, was now a Witch...she did not approve of the Sith. Joining the Sith would mean fighting Ti'Cira, and Maelion would not do that. She pondered on the similarity of names...Cira...Ti'Cira. Perhaps they were related?

"I have no problem with contracting for the Republic. You will not side with the Sith," she stated flatly, like it was obvious.

For Cira's observation she would detect a beating heart, a steady breathing, regular blinking, even sweat. But it was just that...steady. It was almost unvaried.

Cira

C

"I see," so far nothing had come up. However, while she appeared to have all the steady functions of one without any semblance of oddity, there was one thing she couldn't hide. The pulse of life that came with a signature. A signature of life. It was there. Odd. But not quite right.

Being a person of privacy however, she could respect that. Nor was she going to push it.

Closing her datafile, she gave a nod, "I can respect that. We are, after all...a company keen on protecting those we can. We still do it on a fee basis, but that is a nominal mark up comparable to the other choices."

"I'll offer you employment, but the position of body guard to me personally is not needed. I do, however, have another position if you so desire it." she said, "I've recently promoted one of my Majors to be in charge of the ground Forces of Omega Pyre. While admirable in her drive, she will need aide in the the planning aspect of missions."

Gold eyes glanced up at her. "My conditions are simple. Loyalty and commitment are paramount. We stick to our contract. We don't do slavery, dabble in spice rings, nor contract assassinations. Your past is your own, how you got here, matters not to me. What I do care about, is the assurance that you will stand by your fellow comrades."

"With this in mind, you get amble benefits beyond pay. With our ties to Thyferra and that of other worlds, we offer a benefits plan that increases based on annual terms and your progress and achievements throughout your tenure. Any skills you have we welcome you sharing; Omega Pyre is about being able to ensure that what you know can be passed on."

She leaned back on her chair, fingerstips brushing as she tented them in front of her. "How does that sound?"

Maelion tilted her head to the side, considering, then nodded. "I agree with your conditions, Ms Cira. I will go and meet this person you mention and look into the job. If that is acceptable I will formally join your organisation."
She saluted. "Thank you for your time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom