Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Report

The silence that permeated the darkness aboard Arthos' ship was akin to the silence of the grave. He awaited his Master with patience, and while he waited he mediated upon the dark side of the force. Pulling it around him he could feel the heat of his passion even as he just simply held it. He'd practiced all of her lessons constantly, and still no one knew of her, or her teachings. He'd done what had been requested of him, and gleaned what information he could for her.

For now though he just sat there in the darkness awaiting her, his mind stretching ever farther out amongst the deeps of space in search for her. He'd become more disciplined over his time, and his mental strength was much more then it once was. He was still confused about his Master's last leave takings, he understood the blow, and had expected it. The threats thought, they confused him. Where did she think he'd run to? While he supposed it was true, he could actually find a teacher now amongst the Templars they were not Sith.

The silence continued as it stretched over the hours as he felt out over every inch of his ship mapping it out mentally in his mind through the force as well as he could have with his own hand. Finally he felt her in the darkness, "Greetings, My Master."

Kara had been waiting for a while, watching him as he waited for her, sat upon the ground as ever. He was patient and loyal, that much could be said, but how far had he progressed since they last spoke? In Sithese the words for failure and disobedience were one and the same, both meaning one thing; treason. But Arthos would not be so silly as to invoke such a wrath that would cause this, he would not have failed her or disobeyed her... Would he? Well, she would find out soon enough.

Stepping forth she made her presence within his vessel known as she made her way around to his front, eyes lingering briefly on his body before dismissively flicking their way across to the portview at the side of his ship, allowing herself to look out at the vast complexities of space in thought for just a moment.

Finally her sights returned down to Arthos who remained sat upon the ground, practically at her feet. It was the sign of a submissive if nothing else; Arthos knew his place, and he was not above remaining there until informed to do otherwise. "Apprentice" she solemnly responded, with a subtle gesture of her left hand, bidding him to rise. Her Apprentice he might be, but he was also a Sith, and that in itself required some amount of pride to be shown. If he had done something to displease her then he would be banished to the ground, but as it stood she knew of no reason for him to remain there now she had made her presence known to him. "Speak freely" was all Kara said to let him know it was time for him to report in.

@[member="Arthos Vynea"]

Rising to his feet Arthos moved behind his master to gaze out the window into the heavens. He wondered what she sought there, what did she see so clearly amongst the stars? "I have much to report, Master, things have progressed during my stay at the CIS. I have been risen to the position of Viceroy over the several systems including Ryloth, and Geonosis. Already I began tasks there that will make the people loyal to me, and therefor yours. The Shepard has arrived as well in Confederacy space, and it's fate will be decided on shortly. I've taken to making alliances with the other Viceroys to increase influence across the sixteen seats that rule the entire Confederacy. I have not dabbled in their Templar teachings, and I have not been bothered to as I keep quiet on the subject."

Staring into the darkness amongst the silence of the ship Arthos awaited her response to his report. While it was favorable he made no disillusion in his mind that he would hear sweet words over his success. It was not the end of his mission, but merely another step along it to bring her power, and through her him. He didn't bother to hid that knowledge from her in his fake mind as he'd formed one at her teachings. He did however hide deep within his mind the allure of the glow of her silver hair against the darkness of space. It was odd, in many ways she looked so frail, but Arthos knew she could break him, and if he gave her cause she would.

For a while she remained silent, and somewhat impassive to his words. It was as though she had not heard him at all; indeed her gaze never lingered from the stars which flickered in the distance. Just as the silence grew discomforting she spoke, her voice quiet, subtle and causing the unsuspecting target to strain in order to understand. “Accept their teachings” she asserted. “They cannot, no, they must not suspect.” Again she relapsed into silence, her eyes becoming clouded over for a moment. Finally she turned away from the window just as plainly as she had ventured upon it, and stepped towards the heart of the room. “But be tactful, delicate, like a student first spreading their wings to catch flight upon the words of wisdom.” Shaking her head she turned back to face Arthos. “Present yourself” she instructed, and it would be known that now she spoke not of future endeavours with the Confederacy but instead of her present desires. It was time for them both to set to work.

When he finally made his way to the centre of the ship she began to encircle him slowly, her eyes soaking in every aspect and fibre of his being with a reserved interest. “Remind me of your teachings thusfar.” It was a simple request, but it would show whether or not he had really learnt his lessons, whether he had been practising and upholding that which he had been taught. Truth be told, how far he had come within this new government was proof enough that he had been upholding a strong mentality, but she wanted to hear it from his own mouth, with his own voice and words. Understanding could only be shown through the way one expressed it, after all.

@[member="Arthos Vynea"]

The silence of the vessel was permiable as Arthos await his Master's response with due silence. Even his breath seemed quiet, and nigh unpreceptable as finally the pale figure before him spoke. Her response was short as always, and he waited with patience as she spoke. Finally she ordered him to present himself, and he sunk onto his knees in the same silence he had await her with. His head sat bowed upon his chest as he finally spoke answering her question. "Yes, my Master, I have learned to mask my mind from those who would seek it's secrets. My mind has been split into three defenses, a weak defense to sense the attack, a fake mind that lives the life of Arthos Vynea Viceroy of the Confederacy, and finally the great maelstrom maze that never ends surrounding my mind. I have also learned to shrink my force signature into myself until it is invisible to the sense even when probed. They have become unconcious muscles controlled and held even while I sleep"

Waiting there in silence he considered all things as he knelt there considering nothing, his mind blank but for passion as he awaited his newest lesson. He didn't know what he would learn next, but he was willing to learn whatever she would teach him. He had others who could teach him now, but none that could teach him the true ways of the Sith. None that he would trade for her.

@[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Kara listened without watching him, this exercise was not for her sake as her memory was not lacking. She could recall each and everything she had taught, everything he had done, everything they had spoken of. No, this exercise was to ensure he realised the true extent of what she had blessed him with; it was more than simple exercises intended to stretch his mind, these were gifts, ways for him to retain his life, his duplicate nature… And in turn they were things she could take from him; her lessons she could cease, the knowledge and teachings would end, she could even rip the ability straight from his mind and leave him a babbling mess upon the ground. He remained in her service because she permitted him to, and for no other reason. He could easily be thrown to the dogs in the CIS.

Slowly she began to pace his body, a frequent thing she did. Sometimes she taunted him, running a hand across his flesh and inducing brief hot-flashes upon the skin, sometimes she did not, but she sought to keep him on his toes. This was not for her sake, she did not seek to traumatise him and in doing so limit his usefulness; it was a way of showing him that you could never predict or trust that which was completely outside of your control. He had to realise he could not get comfortable within the CIS as it stood… One false move and they would be upon him, tearing him limb from limb, flesh from bone. He had been playing them as she had been playing him.

Leaning into him she whispered into his ear, breath cold against his warm flesh. “Do not forget it.” Then she stepped aside.

Up” she said, as she turned away and returned to the window. “I trust you have a lightsaber?

@[member="Arthos Vynea"]

Rising the apprentice simply nodded his answer, his hands bring out two tonfa style lightsabers, handing the odd shaped hilts to his Master. His skin still cooling from where her touch had landed, another lesson in her unpredictability. His mind still focused on his passions though as he stood obediently awaiting her directions. Obedience was the key to all things in this relationship, and he knew it. She was the Master and ever lesson was at her whim and convenience, he was the apprentice, and her word was law. There were no alternatives for the force user, or at least none that existed in his own mind.

His defenses still stood strong in his mind as he considered the likely next lesson would be saber combat, he was curious in truth to her own abilities with a lightsaber in combat. He knew better then to judge her by her small look, yet his mind was infinitely curious to know if her abilities in physical combat matched that of physical combat. he knew many Sith of old considered it the ultimate test along their path to destroy their own teachers, but Arthos saw no such necessity. A dead teacher taught no more, and there was always another trick to learn it seemed.

@[member="Darth Kyros"]

She took the hilts without word and turned away from him. Allowing the metal to roll within her grasp she monitored the cylindrical tubes from each angle, before softly nodding her head, yet why she had done so remained to be seen. "Have you had much training or practise in using these?" She was surprised to see the framework for Jar'kai upon this particular Apprentice; it took skill to learn to use just one blade, let alone two. It also reminded her of the Ashborn, of course his ability with a blade had come from her own training, his use of Jar'kai at her behest. He was strong enough to use both blades for the offensive, usually unheard of with Jar'kai practitioners.

@[member="Arthos Vynea"]
[Sorry it's short, but I didn't want to needlessly drag it out]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom