Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Day at the Office

Nar Shadda

One could always expect to find something on this festering wound of a planet. Venris had found the people who he would form the Expeditionary Fleet with, people who he would think of as family for a time...and now he was back again, conducting the business of a new faction, serving under a different banner.

And right now that business involved holding up a Rodian against a wall without even laying a hand on him.

"Now think this through," Venris said calmly, not fearing the possibility of someone peeking into the back street he'd taken this 'interview' to. "Is it really worth dying over a few clients who will be a little too busy feeding maggots to hunt you down after I'm finished with them?"

The Rodian struggled to break free. "I-you won't make me talk, Sith." He hissed. "Do what you will! There are things far more frightening than you and your fancy powers."

"True," Venris conceded, drawing the Rodian in close. "However, those things aren't here. So why don't you act a little more reasonable and just let me get to work? I guarantee none of them will live long enough to find out you sold them out, and if any of them do they won't have time to even think of sending somebody to take care of you." He paused and gripped the Rodian by the scruff of his coat. "And don't call me a bleeding Sith! There's a difference between a fanatical dark side worshipper and me..."

Venris drew out his blaster and set it against the Rodian's leg. "For example...I don't know many Sith Lords who use guns."

Over the course of the next minute one might hear the discharge of a blaster followed by some screams that faded within seconds. After the Rodian chose to avoid having a hole burned in his good leg Venris found him to be a good deal more cooperative and quickly extracted the information he needed before departing, leaving the Rodian to make his own way to a medical clinic.

Walking through a deserted side road, Venris tapped his communicator. "Alright, we have three targets on this planet alone. We'll take our time, see if we can't get anymore information on what to expect and then have a go at them. After that there's at least a half dozen more we have to hit within a week who are scattered across three other planets."

He smirked as his XO gave an irritated response.

"Yeah, I know." Venris nodded. "We have our work cut out for us, let's try not to disappoint our new benefactors." He hung up and sighed, wondering how it had come to this.

In the Fleet he had at least been doing good, but now he felt little better than a common thug. How had he gone from being a Jedi to this in little over a decade? Sure, he'd spent most of that decade as a mercenary who didn't even have a lightsaber but at least then he'd kept his head down and held a higher bar for what assignments he took. Now...his life was rather stagnant, in need of something to make things interesting again.

It would help to meet any old friends, but he doubted he'd find any out here, and the chances of making a new friend on Nar Shadda was rather....abysmally low.

[SIZE=12pt]Nar Shaddaa, the devil playground, and when the devil wanted to play it let the little Pink Princess out.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Arabella was leaning against the building across from the alley she heard the blaster shots, anyone within a block heard the shots and were running for cover, crawling under a bed, or screaming for their mommy.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She looked across at the man who exited she could pick up little words here and there but nothing that told her exactly what he was doing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Being the nosey little darkling that she was she moved and began to trail behind the man. She could feel his force presence but she couldn’t tell what he was, how strangely odd.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]What could she do?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“So” She said in a very normal tone of voice, “you like blasters and have a thing against rhodians?” She smiled as she asked her quizzical little question. She didn’t stop moving though she was getting closer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“And I don’t think I’m fanatical at all” She raised her voice to see if he was listening.[/SIZE]

[member="Venris Helion"]

[member="Arabella Darkhold"]

Venris heard someone address him from behind. At first thinking it was just some pedestrian with a problem concerning what he'd just done Venris elected to keep moving before she spoke up again. Exhaling, Venris reached out through the Force to first establish whether this woman meant him any ill will...and strangely he found nothing worrisome, save for what he suspected was a sensitivity to the Force.

Stopping in place, Venris turned and faced the woman, replying in a casual manner and with a relaxed posture, "Not so much a problem with Rodians as much as a problem with the people I found that one working for." He shrugged. "As for blasters, I prefer something more...civilized, but they have their use. Besides, on a planet like this nobody cares to investigate a blaster discharge, especially in this area. So that leads me to assume you don't really care about that and it only served to get your attention."

[SIZE=12pt]“Civilized” She laughed, “what is civilized here on Nar Shaddaa?” Arabella watched him he was no threat he was doing a job.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You’re not happy with your job though” She walked closer her gaze narrowing as she tried to sense out what kind of man this was before her. She took in a deep breath she could smell him he had this odd smell of lilies about him. Lilies that kind that they threw at funerals, death followed him then or he had a lot do to do with death.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You travel an odd path” She couldn’t place what it was about him he was watching her that she could tell.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“So I’m off to have dinner, would you like to join me, stranger?” He was a stranger he was interesting, an oddity to her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“We can discuss what is civilized” She tilted her head, “So, up for it?”[/SIZE]

[member="Venris Helion"]

"Well, you seem oddly...perceptive." Venris commented as the woman called out some small but...accurate facts about him. "As for dinner...well, I suppose I could spare a few hours of my night for such interesting company." He decided, pulling his hood back from his face in a moment of what many knew to be him switching from 'work mode' to 'relaxed mode'.

"Where were you thinking of having this dinner?" He asked.

[SIZE=12pt]Arabella looked him over she was cautious and yet at the same time she cared very little. Perceptive, yes she was perceptive her father had taught her different things about people. How they carry themselves for starters.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Dinner the first place that has a menu that doesn’t mention womp rat fresh from Tatooine” she gave him that very serene look, the one that said she was serious about it all. “that work?” Now she smiled there were very few who could take her sense of humor, very few. [/SIZE]

[member="Venris Helion"]

Venris cracked a smile. "I hear the womp rats are rather small this year anyways." He shrugged, "If I might throw up a suggestion in that case, I noticed quite a few places on my way here that might fit that criteria." He walked to the mouth of the alley.

[SIZE=12pt]“Sure I’m open for suggestions” She smiled she always smiled made people wonder what she was up to, what she was thinking. She didn't like womp rat or anything that was classified as rodent for her dinner. Course she knew there were people that found it a delicacy but she was not among that crowd her father had taught her better than that. Her father had kept her like a princess, with a refined pallet and a horrible temper.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“So, I’m Arabella, who are you?” she asked in that little sing song voice of hers. She was far too brazen at times and it often got her in trouble she couldn’t handle on her own.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She wondered who this man was and did he have similar problems.[/SIZE]

[member="Venris Helion"]

"Venris Helion," Venris answered politely, "At your service."

As they passed several establishments Venris began to look them over, glancing between Arabella and the restaurants they passed. "Let's see...don't think you'd much like what this one has...that one is quite frankly a health inspector's nightmare..."

He settled on a semi crowded restaurant/bar, which was mostly occupied at the bar by patrons downing drinks or watching screens that showed images of different sporting events, news, etc. There were several tables located further off from the bar counter that were uninhabited and looked clean.

"How about this one?" Venris suggested.

Arabella looked over casually "this will do wonderfully." She gestured for him to enter as she headed for the door, "so Venris, married? Children?"

Small talk how well equipped she was for this. Hours at her father's table listening as he spoke as his invited guests formed on about business and prospective marriages for their children. Always giving her that glance that made her want to leave the table.

She asked the hostess for a table that gave them a view of the people passing.

[member="Venris Helion"]

"No and no," Venris responded, easing himself into one of the chairs, "Don't even have a significant other...I think. Know a few women who I'd be willing to go into that with, but with how the galaxy seems to be going insane every other month I don't see myself settling down in this lifetime."

As he spoke Venris tried to observe any subtle reactions from Arabella, gauging the slightest changes to see what she reacted to, if anything. These slight changes in how a person sat, expressed themself and spoke could tell a lot about them.

[member="Venris Helion"]

"Well having a partner can be try anyone's patience beyond the wilds and back, consider yourself..deprived of such intereaction." Arabella thought for a few moments at what could be said next, could be told, or asked or.

"Where are you from?" Ok that was a safe question, wasn't it? Of course it was, and she knew that many times people were asked this question. As well as other things about their lives that were enough to pass the time.

"Born on Coruscant, raised on....many worlds. Nowadays I just live on my ship," Venris answered, "Remaining mobile these days can save your life."

She was beginning to ask the simple questions, so maybe he should conduct his own little survey.

"What brought you to Nar Shadda?" Venris asked.

She began to draw little circles on the table, "boredom Venris. I can't seem to keep myself occupied, it is a terrible terrible thing" She smiled, "My father has gone off on one of his long pilgrimages and it is unknown when he returns, my brother and his wife have disappeared, and the other side of my family I just haven't the energy for"

She kept her hand moving, "Did you only come here to conduct business?"

What was she thinking? What was she doing?

[member="Venris Helion"]

Venris made sure to mask any subtle reactions he might unconsciously produce to her sudden question.

"Depends on your definition of the word," He replied, "If by business you mean 'giving a lot of people exactly what they deserve', then yes. And I won't deny that I feel a measure of satisfaction in what I do."

[SIZE=12pt]“Why Venris you sound a bit like a vigilante” She smiled as she tilted her head looking at him her cobalt blue eyes fixed on his brilliant orbs.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“One should always enjoy their work, that way it never feels like work” She wasn’t sure what to think of him he did not seem like a Sith.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“You aren’t a Sith. But you are a force user and you’re not a Jedi.” She bit her lip slightly, “So…..what path do you follow [member="Venris Helion"] “[/SIZE]

"To be a vigilante I'd have to be doing it out of the kindness of my heart and preach about justice and what not...not too disimilar to the Jedi." Venris replied coolly, not wanting to let out anymore personal info about himself. "As for my path...I saw what it would lead to with the Jedi,,and I know what it would lead to with the Sith. Both orders will be here in ten years, in a hundred years and in ten thousand years they'll still be around in some incarnation, fighting one another in an endless war for control of the Galaxy."

He leaned back in his seat and shrugged. "So I wash my hands or both groups, but I can't deny that there are people within these factions who I could consider friends. I'm simply not looking to join up in a war of ideology being fought for the sake of 'this person follows the other side of the Force, they must die'."

"So you don't follow a path of light, nor a path of darkness. Course everyone's idea of light and dark changes almost as fast as someone can change their socks." Arabella considered this man before her he was controlled.

She had people in her life like this, her father for one. He'd probably like Venris, but then again her father had his other side that was hidden from the galaxy, the side that she saw at home. The slip of a tongue, the hint of an emotional attachment, and the sadness that someone of his age and species seemed doomed to walk alone.

Was Venris the same, did he relax into a different person when there was no need to.

She smiled, "Do you ever lose, you temper?" Emotions, it drove the use of the force. She remembered too well what her father taught her.

[member="Venris Helion"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom