Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Day, Another Life

[member="Juliette Molière"]

Jon was surprised how disappointed he found himself when she released his hand - not that she was holding his hand so much as examining it, it seemed. None the less, it’s always different when a lady initiates the contact. Having her hand held by a guy can be as much a passive activity as participatory; but, if she makes first contact it shows either she’s very comfortable in your presence or she’s being a little possessive. Jon had no delusions that Juliette was showing possessivity; but, her feeling comfortable enough with him to reach out and touch was gratifying… and very enjoyable… and didn’t last nearly long enough.

“Perhaps I simply stop by the manicurist on my way home after work each day,” he offered as a not terribly plausible explanation to her observation. “Maybe I just smelled the cats as we moved past them,” he offered, crinkling his nose in mock explanation.

He used a tendril of force to pluck an orchid from an overhanging vine, and, catching it as it floated down to them, stuck it in Juliette’s hair. “Or maybe not,” he teased.

Jon had a satisfied smirk on his face as he turned to face the path and start the speeder forward again. “We are all escaping something, aren’t we? Some escapes are just more pressing than others.”

“Jules,” he continued with a sigh, “no matter why I’m here, I’m in such a better place now, physically, emotionally, spiritually… in every way except possibly financially. The trapping of life are much more basic here for me – the life itself I’ve found to be enriched in ways I never thought possible.”

How could he described what he’d been – the CEO of a multi-billion credit a year conglomerate - and explain why this was better? Maybe that would be a topic of a long, fireside conversation some evening over a bottle of wine.

He grinned at her and said, “I’ve smelled quite a few other animals in our area. Is there anything else you’d like to see before we head out of the deepest areas of the park?”

[member="Jon Burke"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Then you have a very powerful nose …”.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] She grinned as he wrinkled his up. Juliette was to continue her sentence but was halted as she watched the orchid drift down to his hand, even more surprised when he placed it in her hair. Her surprise was not that she was right, but of his action. She shifted in her seat slightly as she suddenly became nervous, the good nervous. She was grateful the speeder began to move once more as this gave opportunity for her to gather herself. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Juliette thought about his words, he is correct of course. There is not one person that has nothing to run from and the possibilities of what they are, endless. After all she had done so, but would it come at a cost? If so, it is yet to be paid. “I will not press you for your reasons, but I will be happy for you that this, second chance, has given you something more substantial and rewarding for both body and mind”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She had to grin now, thinking he sounded like a Jedi. This made her ponder about him further, considering the varying ideologies associated with force users, which end of the spectrum is he? If he Sith, she would be dead by now, she speculated, Jedi possibly, or maybe one of those indecisive greys. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Everything comes with a price. Whether rich or poor, you gain in one hand only to lose something by the other. But I guess if this is inevitable, it would be more tolerable wealthy. But I have no experience of this, and don’t really want to. I would much prefer this”.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] She indicated to their surroundings, but her intention was Monastery. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Why have five stars when you can have trillions under the night sky. Coruscant is home, a strange place that so called Jewel of the Galaxy, beautiful one moment ugly the next. I have often wondered what Coruscant was like before the buildings. It is dead planet that teems with ‘life’. Yet I fear for it now”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She sat up straight and took in a deep breath, and changed the subject. “What has your nose told you is about? It would be nice to see more animals if that is possible”. She wanted to tell him much but, stopped herself. She wanted to tell him she is enjoying his company more and more with each passing moment.[/SIZE]

Jon wondered about her connection with Coruscant and asked, “Do you have family back there?” With One SIth control life there could be anything from perilous to glamorous depending on the family’s inclinations. From the little he knew about Juliette, he doubted that her family would be getting on very well in that environment. He wasn’t One Sith but his prior association might gain him a freedom of movement there that she might find useful; and, if she needed it, he knew he’d offer his help even if it meant putting himself right in the midst of Brennan’s home base. He’d blended in there before; he could do it again for the right reason. He gave her a look out the side of his eyes and said to himself again for the right reason.

They were entering another clearing, this one smaller than the first being possibly 3 speeder lengths wide and about twice that long. It wasn’t large enough to have an opening to the sun like the previous, but, it was brighter in it than the speeder trail.

Jon pulled them to the center and stopped. He slipped up to the back of the seat again and said, “My brother and I had a trick we used when we were camping in the northern hills back home on Dantooine. We could usually have the camp filled with animals before my father realized what was happening and ran them off. Want to see if it will work here?”

Jon took that challenging grin she had as her approval. He had a momentary lapse as he imagined where and under what circumstances he’d like to see that challenge issued again. Grimacing in mild self reproach at his mental breach of etiquette, he began to concentrate on the task.

He did a quick visual search of the surrounding tree line trying to avoid any surprises. He then bowed his head slightly and closed his eyes, calming his mind of any extraneous thoughts or worries. He then opened himself to the force and let his mental presence begin expanding; learning the details of the objects of his concern – the animals of the area – in detail that often amazed even himself. He was amused to think what she would do if she knew a foot-long centipede was making its way through the grass and leaves not a meter outside her side of the speeder. He’d point that out to her later.

He let his search, his seeking, be carried further and further afield riding on a wave of the force. This circuit of the area he used a version of force sense to locate any animals of interest nearby. On the second wave of the force he wove through the area he used a primitive force empathy; feeling what the animals he was interested in preoccupied with… some were feeding, some caring for babies, some interested in mating he noted wryly. Next he impressed upon their minds a sense of peace and safety so they wouldn’t be easily frightened and, finally, a sense of curiosity so that they would make their way out of the trees into the clearing to see who or what was there.

When he sensed a varied collection of animals coming to them he whispered to Juliette, “Keep your eyes open.”

[member="Jon Burke"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She lifted her shoulders back and pushed them against the seat, “Yes my family remains on Coruscant, my parents and siblings. I grew up down in the lawless bowels of city, where the Galactic Republic had failed to remember. My father taught me how to fly, by allowed me freedom to learn on delivery runs.. He is a merchant, trader, who earned enough to provide for us as best he could”. She turned to Jon and gave a forced smile, for no other reason than she is concerned for them.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Jon pulled the speeder up once more and spoke of his family. It pleased her as it had the effect of taking her mind off her own for now and to learn more of him. Juliette turned in her seat again and rested her arm on the back, as she looked up into his face. Her head tilted to the side and watched as he prepared to summon the creatures. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She will always remain intrigued with those that are gifted with the force, and it never failed to amaze her. But what she has learned of force users, is that this gift is demanding of them requiring a high level of sacrifice whether dark or light. Of course she has wondered what it would be like if she was given this gift, however she is happy being without.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]To her, it looked like Jon was sleeping, his head slightly lowered and eyes closed. Juliette leaned a little forward, her eyes taking in all his features more closely as they moved over him. As her gaze came to his lips, she paused and wondered what they might be like to touch. Juliette’s mind pondering things, unexpected and tantalizing.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Keep your eyes open.”[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] came his whispered voice, followed very promptly by a warm flush to her cheeks. She turned away quickly becoming considerably more interested in the creatures summoned. However, her face held a grin as she chastised herself internally. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]First came the noise, a low droning and she looked up toward it and through the tree tops descended hundreds of butterflies of all sizes and colours. On the ground strange amphibians crept toward the speeder larger then she had ever seen. Pushing through the undergrowth, Orycats and ahead of them a pair of what appeared to be Lantern birds. Many more creatures she did not know, gathered around them and just looked on with curiosity, some even ventured closer and rested on the speeder. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The sight, extraordinary and once more he had made her smile. “Incredible”, she whispered as she turned to look to him once more, not hiding her pleasure.[/SIZE]

Jon was as surprised as Juliette at some of the creatures that responded to the call and their numbers. He’d always been able to lure some out of their reclusive nature, but, never in this number. And never butterflies before. His attention had been focused on those living at ground level or near it not to notice them. The vast numbers of flowers in the surrounding forest must be heaven to them for them to be here in such numbers.

He was startled to see the animals begin slipping back into the woods; scurrying away in haste. He reached out with the force again, seeking the cause of their fright. When he found it – gliding through the trees like a wraith – he cocked a brow in equal parts admiration and concern. He didn’t sense hostility; however, just the same curiosity he imparted to the others. None the less…

“Jules,” he said quietly. “Slide back down into your seat… and relax. We are about to have company.”

Jon stood on his seat; his eyes fixed on the area of the woods from which he sensed the creature’s approach. Then it was there.

The Nightshrike glided into the clearing and flared its massive wings before settling gently upon the hood of the speeder. Even so, its large, razor sharp talons gouged the metal of the hood in a manner that would set Mel off in a barrage of excited gossam.

Said to be semi-sentient, Jon sensed a greater depth to its curiosity than any of the others that had responded. The beast leaned forward snuffling the air between them; Jon hoped not in an attempt to determine if they would be tasty but hopefully for some other more socially acceptable reason. Jon projected calm as best he could while holding a massive force push in reserve if their guests should decide to munch on Jules.

Still sensing no recognizable hostility, Jon leaned forward and held out a hand. The Shrike leaned closer taking in the odor of the offered hand, then, in a shock to Jon, rubbed the side of its face against his hand. The beast leaned back, snapped it jaws together three times with an audible clicking of its impressive set of teeth, then launched itself from the speeder, flapping its way up and away into densest part of the forest.

Jon looked at Juliette and with a wry grin said, “I think he was laughing at us!”

[member="Jon Burke"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The lyrics of the creatures around the small clearing filled her ears, her eyes delighting in the dance of the butterflies around their heads, but suddenly they all darted away in fear. Juliette pushed herself off her seat with her hands to see what might have caused such a disturbance. In situations like this it is prudent to observe and listen to the creatures as they are far more intuitive, their innate senses more superior to her own. Not the case for Jon thankfully. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Company? [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Her questioning thought would soon be answered, as she did as asked, relax? Not so much. She looked up at Jon as he stood in his seat, looking to see where his eyes are fixed and turned to follow his gaze. Her hand slowly reached into her jacket and took hold of her blaster, transferring it to the left. Juliette spends much time on the training range focusing on strengthening both right and left hand equally. Although her left is not preferred, her ability is sure to the mark. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As the Nightshrike appeared spreading it’s wings she marvelled at the span, by the time the Shrike had settled on the hood, Juliette has positioned her blaster on the outside of the speeder just past the windscreen. Antarian Rangers imbued with a sense of duty to Jedi, to serve and protect, is firmly set in her values. Jon is a force user, could be Jedi for all she knew and so she will protect him. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Juliette is not a girl frighten by creatures, big or small, an oddity considering the lack of occasion to view them on Coruscant apart from one visit to the zoo. Save for one and that particular spawn of evil had not been summon, she hoped. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Her eyes flicked between man and beast, Jon held no air of concern it seemed and reached out toward the Shrike. She tensed, but this would only last a moment, and to her surprise the Shrike nuzzled his hand. Juliette would only relax as the creature flew high once more. She pushed back up the seat and shot a grin to Jon, as she holstered her blaster.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“And a fine set of teeth as well! However I do not care for it sense of humour”.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] She added grinning and turning in her seat a little. [/SIZE]

Jon watched the Nightshrike until it was out of sight. “Some opportunities only come once in a lifetime. You have to take advantage of them when they present themselves.”

Jon hadn’t failed to notice the blaster and smiled at the thought of Juliette protecting him. A beautiful dame packin’ heat! What more could a wiseguy ask for? The line from some long forgotten holovid watched on Dantooine as a kid popped into Jon’s mind and seemed entirely appropriate.

He looked around for their previous visitors and, as he expected, there were none to be seen. “I doubt anything will come back out after that big brut dropped in.”

He slipped back down into his seat and, after she was also safely seated, began them forward again.

“If we work our way out of here now, it should be about time for a picnic lunch at the Crystal Valley.”

[member="Jon Burke"]

[SIZE=10.5pt] “Wise words”, she whispered in thought. “Opportunity, the winds of change blowing, prepare now and set your sails! else [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]regret of neglected opportunity is the worst hell that a living soul can inhabit”.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] She recalled, having read that somewhere. “Yet most people do not take what is presented, for fear”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Juliette pulled in a deep breath and looked around the canopy as did Jon. No the creatures would not return any time soon, more the pity, however she was eager to move just in case her author of irrational fear is lurking. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Let’s just hope there are no more brutes around”. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Juliette could feel a slight tussle of wind in her hair as the speeder moved on once more.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Lunch sounds wonderful”,[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] she smiled. “I think my adrenaline level will have subsided by then”. She turned toward him with a quizzical look, “What, exactly is the Crystal Valley”, apart from the obvious, of course, and she looked forward to some more time in his company. A picnic is perfect.[/SIZE]

Jon followed the trails indicated on the GPS that would eventually lead them out of the deep forest. No change was obvious for quite some time, but, the canopy gradually began to open, allowing more light and a resultant thickening of the lower vegetation. Anything living in it was reticent to show itself; however, so they didn’t see anything of interest other than the occasional fluttering of colorful plumage in the trees.

Jon smiled at her comment about opportunity; any talk of sails or sailing generally caught his attention even if that wasn’t the primary intent of the quote. He wondered as his mind wandered a bit, if she considered any part of their meeting and time together an opportunity to be savored or simply an idle diversion, perhaps an amusement, while on vacation. Idle diversion or not, Jon appreciated their chance meeting and the time they were sharing.

In answer to her question he “The Crystal Valley is about as different from the rain forest as can be imagined and be on the same planet. It’s a valley at a higher elevation between rocky ridges. The soil is extremely mineraliferous and crystals grow at phenomenal rates of speed. Oddly, they often are thrust upwards making a panorama of pastel crystal spires of various sizes. It been called a forest of crystal; but, I doubt that person just spent time in the rain forest. I’ve heard it can be refractively brilliant on a sunny day, casting prismatic rainbows everywhere.”

He was entering back onto one of the main roads again, and, the speeder surged ahead with little encouragement from Jon’s twitch of the throttle as if it were glad to be back in the open and able to live up to its name.

“It has to be some kind of natural, exponential epitaxy causing the crystals to grow so quickly. Their upwards eruptions have been deadly to man and animal crossing the valley on foot and caught unaware.” Jon cringed at the thought of being impaled on a crystal thrust through the crotch and vowed not to get too close to any such action.

The roadway allowed the AV-21 to stretch its legs and the trip was passed quickly. Passing over the top of a ridge they were suddenly amazed to see a valley opening up below them several kilometers in length and width. It shimmered with the light reflected from thousands of crystal spires of various colors and sizes.

Jon stopped at the crest of the ridge so that they might take in the view. “I think, Jules, seeing this is the only way to truly understand what the Crystal Valley is. Words don’t do it justice.”

[member="Jon Burke"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Slight variations in the dense foliage, filtered dappled light shaped mottled patterns on the road ahead of them. These were the first signs they would soon break the forest. It was good to feel the effects of speed on her body as the speeder pushed onward faster. She had remained quiet for the most part, indulging her senses in the sights and sounds of their journey. For the other part she sat deep in thought, reflecting on the day thus far. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yesterday, a happenstance? Possibly. Today, had been planned. For Juliette, Jon’s kind offer to show her the sights of Monastery, had taken on a new importance. Even though the natural exquisiteness of the planet is extraordinary and far beyond her expectation, there was something more exceptional found here. Her head turned only briefly to look at Jon as her mind came to this conclusion. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As if to emphasis her conclusion, Jon explained about the Crystal Valley. She turned to listen taking in the words, yes he is more than a mechanic. Juliette, rightly so, had simply believe the valley to be stagnant, crystal formations that had stood against the ravages of time and elements, a stalwart to their defiance. Her amazement clear on her face the more he continued, understanding the majority.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“If that is the case, it must be incredibly loud as they form, as well”.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] She grinned, “This is an opportunity not to be missed”. The speeder cleared the rainforest, the light of the day once more filling her eyes and she narrowed them to adjust. “Jon, I would like to thank you for today, it is a day I will never forget”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]She would have continued to tell him how much she was happy to have met him, and not because of necessity, but because she liked him, however the sight before her took her breath away, literally. It was she that unbuckled and climbed up on the back of the seat this time, and simply allowed her eyes to trick her mind, she wondered if she had been dreaming this whole day. The colour that gleamed off the crystal beyond definition or description. And she would not try.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“This is not the first extraordinary thing I have seen today”.[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] Her voice softened as she continued to gaze at the wonderment. [/SIZE]

Jon secured the speeder and sat on the seat back next to Juliette.

“I’ve never heard the sound they make as they erupt described,” Jon admitted reflectively. “It could simply be a great sigh of relief,” he teased. “Imagine that great, growing spire restrained by its dynamic tension with the soil above it; finally exceeding the strength of its fetters and bursting forth.” His eyes twinkled with minimally disguised mischief as he added, “I can just imagine the relief it must feel.”

He listened as she thanked him for their day of exploration. Her mood seemed to reflect his own. “You are very welcome, Jules. I’ve wanted to come out before but was never motivated enough to come alone. Bringing you out to see these places was a perfect solution to my lethargy.” He smiled somewhat wistfully and added softly, “and I can’t imagine anyone I’d rather spend this day with.”

Then she said, “This is not the first extraordinary thing I have seen today”.

Jon smiled, yet kept his gaze on the valley below them as he replied with an air of innocence, “Yes, that Nightshrike was amazing, wasn’t it?” She may have been talking about the Shrike, but, his pride preferred to think otherwise. He turned to face her, leaned a little closer and asked softly, “Care for a closer look?”

Smiling as he saw a flood of different emotions flash in her expressive eyes, he nodded at the valley and clarified, “at the crystals?”

[member="Jon Burke"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]There was no conceivable way for Juliette to hold back her laughter, at Jon’s words. She held a wide grin on her face as he continued, what a big flirt, and she had to wonder if he was the type that has one in each port, as the saying goes. But regardless of these misgivings, he is treating her to a day of fun and adventure and she is truly grateful for his time spent on her. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Although the Nightshrike was something special, that is not what I refer to”, [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]she said taking her eyes away from his and back to the field of crystals. She raised her hand to her hair and removed the Orchard. Turning back to Jon she placed it in his hair behind his ear. It was to this she had referred, as for Juliette it is the small gestures that she remembers most and holds with greater importance. “I can’t imagine the day, ending”. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“The crystals can wait, for now”, [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Juliette stood up abruptly, kicked off her shoes and jumped out of the speeder. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She walked away from the speed somewhat, to a patch of long deep green grass and simply allowed the pleasure of the cool soothing touch on her skin, she indulges in this luxury whenever the opportunity presents itself. After all, should one not take hold of such moments? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Care to join me?”.[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] She turned back to Jon with a grin. [/SIZE]

Jon watched Juliette with increasing appreciation. As a boy growing up on Dantooine, he enjoyed the luxury of grass underfoot frequently. He imagined for her, growing up on Coruscant, such a simple pleasure was a thing only imagined. At least until she left that ecumenopolis and visited a planet where she could actually find grass to dance upon. His fingers found and touched lightly the orchid she had removed from her hair and placed behind his ear. He smiled and left it, secure enough in himself not to be concerned by having a flower in his hair and amused at himself for how pleasant that light, deft touch had been.

“I would be delighted to join you,” he responded. “And I’ll even add to the party. This is as good a place as any for our picnic lunch.”

Jon cut the repulsors and let the speeder rest upon its retractable stanchions. He opened the hatch at its rear and removed a large basket and a couple of quilts.

“Food and beverages from Mel’s cousin’s Imported Luxuries Shop next to the spaceport in the capitol city. Quilts courtesy of my landlady,” he admitted with a grin.

He spread the larger of the two quilts on a soft cushion of grass and placed the basket down in its center. “We have a light assortment… Traladon, Neonan Red, and a couple of other cheeses I can’t pronounce; Juna and Rainbow berries; Khaddi-nut butter and crackers; Hapan Gold wine and spring water to quench our thirst; and, finally Vasarian Brandy for dessert.”

Jon handed Juliette a small plate so that she could help herself as he poured her a small glass of the wine. “First just a sample to be sure you like the vintage,” he explained as he handed her the fluted glass. He then poured her a thermacup of the icy cold spring water and sat it within her reach.

“I hope I picked something you will enjoy. It’s been a while since I had to prepare a picnic menu,” he admitted with a shrug. He poured himself a flute of wine and held it out to her, “A toast for a toast,” he explained. “May your time on Monastery far exceed your wildest expectations.”

[member="Jon Burke"]

She had expected Jon to have removed the Orchard, as most men would, but to her great surprise he had not. It had been a subtle gesture toward him to show of her appreciation, not only for the day, but for his company. Juliette is enjoying being in his company more as the day progresses.

With the picnic quilt spread and the basket placed, she sat down next to Jon. “Mel’s line is thick with entrepreneurial blood it seems, and knows talent when he see it”. She turned to look into Jon’s face, “It suits you”, referring to the orchard set in his black hair, “It brings out the blue of your eyes”. A small teasing comment coupled with a smile, but she had taken much notice of them.

Oh there is so much more to this man. Juliette regarded him for a moment while he attended to the wine. There is a quiet elegance about him, written on his way of deportment, and largesse of nature. She took the wine offered, even though Juliette much prefers a good ale, she would never miss an opportunity to taste a Hapan wine.

“An irresistible wine whose elegance draws you subliminally into its orbit. Intense strong countenance, full bodied, it is redolent of a profusion of aromas of flower, berries and sun kissed fruits. Its high alcohol makes it full and generous in the mouth and it overwhelms the palate with intense flavours, prolonging your pleasure with its characteristic slightly honeyed finish”. She smiled as she extended her glass to be filled.

“It tastes just fine”. Of course Juliette has no knowledge of wines, having very few opportunities to partake, and her Ranger wage not able to stretch to such luxuries.

“Jon the picnic is perfect”, she said without flippant comment, but a heavy air of gratitude. She watched and listened as he present his toast before they would sup. She had come to Monastery without expectations, save for some time away from duty, expectations have, well and truly, and continue, to be exceeded.

“And may your life be filled with advantageous circumstances that bring you peace and joy beyond your wildest expectations”. She offered with sincerity. “And you must allow me to buy you dinner this evening”.

Jon nodded in response to Juliette’s comment about Mel and his relatives, “I think it’s a cultural trait common to the Gossam. They seem to have amazing minds for business and accounting.” Jon also had an idea that they had a broader view of galactic economics than any but the most observant would note, from which he had the distinct impression Mel knew who Jon had been in the past but honored Jon’s need for discretion. A favor Jon would return ten-fold if and when the opportunity presented itself.

Jon’s eyes, it had been noted before by numerous dreamy-eyed females in years past, were an intense blue. Jule’s comment about them gave them an amused sparkle and a quirk of his lips. “Well, thank you, Juliette,” he purred. “and let me say I’m growing rather fond of those bright brown eyes of yours myself.”

Jon learned somewhere in the past that little, gentle teases tended to make people feel good about themselves and were therapeutic when people needed a boost. It didn’t help his reputation as a flirt, but, he could live with that.

After her toast, Jon joined her in clinking their wine flutes together and remarked, “You know, Jules, I’ve already had a remarkable life and been luckier than anyone has a right to expect. I’ve died three times and been fortunate enough to have my brother present or near enough to revive me and put me back together. A life of peace and joy sounds good because I don’t know how much more luck I have left in my account.”

He looked her in the eyes, gave her a sincere smile and softly answered her unspoken question, “Three separate long stories best told before a roaring fireplace with a bottle Whyren’s.” Jon didn’t know for sure himself if that was an invitation, but, actually was beginning to find the idea of long talks before a warm fire with this lady to be quite intriguing.

[member="Jon Burke"]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As Juliette took another sip of her wine before placing it down, she prepared a plate of cheeses, crackers and spread, a sprinkle of berries to garnish. She would do the same for Jon, as she listened to him recount parts of his life. She turned to look into those eyes of his, not only sparkling with mischief but the light of day danced with the blue. Her eyes, as brown as cocoa are nothing compared to his pools of intrigue, catching herself as she ponder what it would be like to dive into them. Much about his man is appealing, not only his physically and good looks, but his mind and life, had begun to ensnare her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Not only would her eyes reflect questions and many of them, but her face as well as her expression changed to concern. “It does seem you have had luck, and maybe pushed at boundries? I am pleased to hear that help was at hand”, she began. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“Three stories I would be interested in hearing”, [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]she said with genuine interest, as she handed him his plate. If indeed he had issued an invitation, her comment is her way of accepting. She gave a small grin to her plate of cheese, as she picked at her food. [/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom