Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Anja's Combat Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
costume_design_for_film_by_robotpencil-d7nlwn8.jpg

Image Source: Robotpencil, DeviantArt
Intent: To create a very durable yet agile piece of armour for Anja to use in battle.
Development Thread: Acquiring Phrik and Cortosis for her armour.
Manufacturer: The Primeval Fleet
Model: N/A
Affiliation: Anja Aj'Rou ; The Primeval
Modularity: Limited: It wouldn't be difficult to construct a new helmet or perhaps add satchels, pouches, and belts to the exterior. All at the cost of added weight.
Production: Unique
Material: Armorweave (body glove), Phrik (armour/armguard), Cortosis-weave (armblade), Transparisteel (visor)
Classification: Super-durable armour
Weight: 6kg
Quality: 7
Special Features:
  • Bladed armguard (lefthand)
  • Vacuum sealed
  • Rebreather (for filtering)
  • Mid-ranged comlink (built into the helmet)
  • Lightsaber resistance
  • Blaster resistance
  • Slugthrower resistance
Description: Forged from some of the rarest, most durable materials in the galaxy; this set of unique armour is unlike anything yet forged by The Primeval's smiths. Handcrafted specifically to fit Anja's physique, the armour is both relatively comfortable to wear and light and flexible enough for the wearer to be agile and quick in combat. Underneath all the plating is an armorweave bodyglove, a common component to higher quality armours and offers additional yet limited resistance to radiation, lacerations, and energy weapons. On top of that is the primary armour component made of Phrik--one of the most durable materials in the galaxy and extremely light too. Able to withstand lightsaber strikes, blaster shot, and slugthrower impacts, the Phrik plating will protect the wearer from potentially fatal attacks and allow them to fight in even the most difficult circumstances.

Perhaps the most unique addition to this armour is the Phrik armguard with a Cortosis-weave blade. The armguard can be used to block melee strikes from lightsabers and vibroblades and the bladed tip can be used to jab or lash at an opponent, capable of penetrating flesh, bone, fabric, and light armour with a good strike. Like any great thing Anja's combat armour does have its downsides. Primarily it's quite a simple piece and is not as nearly equipped as most standard combat armours. It lacks any tracking functionality, night vision, thermal vision, and besides the vacuum sealing there's no method for providing oxygen to the wearer should they be exposed to the vacuum of space.

Should this armour ever fall into the hands of someone other than the Host Lord, they will find it unlikely to fit without an experienced smith to reforge the Phrik components to their size. In all; this armour will protect Anja from the extremities of battle and allow her to engage in close-quarters combat with ease, offering her superior agility over heavier armours without sacrificing quality in the materials themselves.

Strengths & Weaknesses

Strengths:
  • Extremely light & durable: Due to Phrik being its primary component, Anja's combat armour is not only very light but it's also resistant to slugthrower penetration, lightsaber strikes, and blaster fire.
  • Agile: The lightness of Phrik and flexibility of armourweave makes it so that by fitting this to the physique of the wearer offers agility and speed in combat that is not normally found in such armours.
  • Bladed armguard: Defensive and offensive in one, the bladed armguard can block a strike as well as deliver one.
Weaknesses:
  • Missing pieces: Not an accident, in order to save just a little bit more weight the armour foregoes most utilities and components that a soldier relies on in combat. There's no night-vision, thermal, pouches, or a utility belt for medical aid or grenades. Save for the helmet's comlink it effectively has no electronic parts.
  • One-hand: The armguard limits the use of the wearers left hand due to its size and reach.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
After reviewing your Development thread, I don't believe the Obredaan mining or raid has enough of development. The one to three line mentions of what is happening on Obredaan isn't enough for my tastes. If you could increase those mentions or add new posts that would be fine.

For reference Post 5, 7 are not long enough on Cortosis Mining; Post 15 and 19 aren't long enough period, and you need a total of 10 posts involving obredaan and cortosis you have 9 and 11 involving Phrik.

Draco Vereen said:
For reference Post 5, 7 are not long enough on Cortosis Mining
Added some more detail to them.

Draco Vereen said:
Post 15 and 19 aren't long enough period, and you need a total of 10 posts involving obredaan and cortosis you have 9 and 11 involving Phrik.
If I may, I'm not really sure I get this point. I have used dev threads in the past where only one or two posts had actually mentioned the items in question but that the build-up and story were relevant to the subject at hand. In this case Anja is working with her latest Warlord in acquiring precious materials for a coming war. As for posts 15 and 19, the lack of density in my sentences may be deceptive but they're quite over 100 words in lengths and would form full paragraphs should I have removed the spacing. I understand as a judge it's your discretion but I don't really see how they're too short as long as they've contributed to the roleplay in a meaningful way.

Again; I'm not trying to argumentative here. It's just that in most cases--to my understanding--dev threads have been more about creating a believable story with relevance to the subject at hand. And even relevance isn't necessarily a requirement seeing as some restricted materials just require you to be creative in how you write.

If you still believe that I need more posts discussing the cortosis, I'll do that. Just my insight :)

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
At the minimum add to 15 and 19 (Two or three full sentences should get you there) and give me one paragraph somewhere else. Thats all I'm asking, sorry if I was unclear.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

No need to apologize, I merely misunderstood what you were asking is all... I was under the assumption you wanted me to mention Cortosis more frequently in my posts, which is where I was confused.

I added to posts 15 and 17 and another post to the thread itself. Hopefully that suffices.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I meant more on the end of components like night-vision, utility belts, pouches/holsters, etc. Either it doesn't have it or lacks the means to hold said things in place. I clarified that in the weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom