Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angels of Mercy: Ta'ek Viss's personal Swords

Angels of Mercy

Length: 2.5 ft
Type: Echani Vibro blades.
Material: Traditional durasteel blades.

Description:
These blades were given to Ta'ek Viss by Sirus Bantaa for his services. The blades were taken from an Echani temple. Forged in tradition Echani style. Ta'ek Viss has used them as his signature weapons, keeping them razor sharp throught out his ownership of them.

Their design and function reflect Ta'ek's belief that life is a disease to those he considers weak, and with them, he cures their ailments indiscriminately.

Alright, I know it sounds a bit silly of me to ask this, but I need a development thread for the cortosis used in the cortosis weave (canonically vibroblades stopped being made using cortosis some time before the Old Republic era ended). The inclusion of the Synox poison is also something I'd like addressed in a development thread. If you don't want to use one of the substances that require a development thread to cut down on the posts, just make a note in a post letting me know, and don't worry about making that particular thread. (So if you don't want cortosis, and you want the poison, or vice versa, just do the thread for the poison, omit the cortosis thread, and then @Mention that you decided to not use it.)

Approval Without Development Thread
  • Exchange Cortosis with another material, or remove it.
  • Remove the Synox Poison, as it would be rendered useless on a vibro-blade without advanced metal-working skills.
  • Remove the "kill any" portion of the description. We cannot force death on another character, and the damage they take is generally up to the as well.
Approval With Development Thread(s)
  • 10 post thread involving the purchase of cortosis from a legitimate source or through one of the objectives listed in our Banned & Restricted items list.
  • 10 post thread involving the creation of the blade that deals with adding the Synox polish to it. This may be a past RP as you mentioned this was a gift from someone in your character's past.
  • Remove the "kill any" portion of the description, as mentioned above for the reasoning, and change it to something more along the lines of "and has an increased chance of causing Synox poisoning". You can then explain to them later on what that is, or link them to it (there isn't really much information on it, really) so they can role-play accordingly if they decide to become poisoned.
Suggestions
  • Try to look up what you're using, and if the materials are generally very lethal, chances are you may want to make a short thread for the obtaining portion of it or the portion of the blade's creation that had the substance applied to it. The more dangerous something is, the more work that needs to be done to get it most of the time. The same goes with rare substances.
[member="Ta'ek Viss"]

That was the point of the blades being taken from an Echani temple: the dating of the Cortosis weave, since a traditional Echani blade from that era would be made to that era's standard. I can remove the poison aspect, as well as the cortosis, but the idea was they are antique blades ransacked from an ancient Echani temple, presented as gifts from my character's employer when he worked as a hitman. The blades them self are implied to be from the Old Republic era, so would it slide, on the cortosis?

And if not, im happy to create a developmemt thread, but how would I go about creating a development thread for an item that predates my own character's existence by several thousand years?

Ta'ek Viss said:
That was the point of the blades being taken from an Echani temple: the dating of the Cortosis weave, since a traditional Echani blade from that era would be made to that era's standard. I can remove the poison aspect, as well as the cortosis, but the idea was they are antique blades ransacked from an ancient Echani temple, presented as gifts from my character's employer when he worked as a hitman. The blades them self are implied to be from the Old Republic era, so would it slide, on the cortosis?

And if not, im happy to create a developmemt thread, but how would I go about creating a development thread for an item that predates my own character's existence by several thousand years?
I will talk to the factory administration about this, I believe there is a chance you can do a development thread simply for the purpose of finding/obtaining these, so please hold on that. I'll get back to you A.S.A.P with what has been discussed.

Ok, so if it is ok to be done this way, I would simply do it from an NPC perspective? I can do that if need be, just detail the excavation of said blades by a researcher or archaeologist in the OR era?

Alright, so I was told that you have a green light to do a development thread that includes the following:
  • The obtaining of the blades
  • Repairs and re-construction of the blades in order to make them usable.
And our very own [member="Spencer Jacobs"] has offered to give you any help on Eshan that you need for these vibroblades.
[member="Ta'ek Viss"]

[member="Ta'ek Viss"] [member="Darth Sinna"] Because so much work is going into this. I suggest saving this to a word document and posting it when its complete. Please respond Ta'ek letting me know you've seen this thanks.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"], Darth Sinna

Yeah sorry I had a really big life event pop up suddenly. I apologize for the delay in response. In a few more days I will return to this, I can do as you said for now

[member="Ta'ek Viss"]
Thank you for getting back to us, and I apologize for not getting back to you again sooner. Just keep us posted on your progress, and let us know if you want it archived to be pulled out when you feel you are able to continue.

How bout I just bag the cortosis, I'm planning on lightsabers soon enough anyway, so I don't have to do the dev threads for these?

Check of it's cool now?

[member="Darth Sinna"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Ta'ek Viss said:
How bout I just bag the cortosis, I'm planning on lightsabers soon enough anyway, so I don't have to do the dev threads for these?

Check of it's cool now?

[member="Darth Sinna"] [member="Spencer Jacobs"]
Just fill it out according to the template and you're golden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom