Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And So It Starts

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
It had been a couple of days since [member="Tia`ser Verd"] had come to train under him and like Abel he had offered her a place to stay. It seemed to him that his once empty home was filling up with people faster than he had time to really process and it was both irritating as it was strangely nice. In his past he’d been lucky only to have one student and always was he living alone, but now? Now his household was filling up and in a strange way he felt, proud. Naturally he showed not a bit of it, for all that he felt these things it wasn’t easy for him to really show emotion. The first day they’d come back he’d isolated himself as much as possible, he wanted them to all settle without feeling like he was stalking them.

He’d told Tia she was welcome to make a list of things she needed and wanted for her room and anything the house itself seemed to be lacking, the same offer he’d given to Abel’s wife. It was their home too, for as long as they wished, he wasn’t going to restrict them from making their mark on it. The next day saw him back within their company, mostly just watching them all interact, the activity was an alien thing to him and took time adjusting to. Upon waking he only felt Tia’s presence in the house, which was perfect since he’d planned to get her training started. He rose, pulling on a houserobe and quietly walking into the kitchen to make himself some tea.

Domestic things were mostly a mystery and, though with Abel’s instruction, he could make himself a meal, he was according to the man an appalling cook. He could at least, with confidence, make tea and frankly he was perfectly fine with that. There were servants, they had skill enough, he wouldn’t starve and nor would the woman, especially if she was able to move around the kitchen. He hadn’t skimped on anything within the house, not for himself and not for them in fulfilling their requests. As long as they stayed with him he was happy to provide, it was a matter of pride and honor for him to care for those within his household. His students and their families included.
Once he finished his cup of tea he gently sent out a tendril of thought towards his newest apprentice Tia, wake, your training will start as soon as you are dressed and have taken a light meal.

Tia`ser Verd

T
She stretched her back to full length, her arms raised about her head to let the tension of her body release. The white crisp sheets molded to her naked form as she lay on a bed. It had been a very long time since Tia had slept so well .. without the need to have her senses on alert or 'one eye open' as the saying goes. Here in this house, with her Master and his other companions, she felt safe. The bruises on her body, now yellow as they faded, her aches gone with the healing and her belly full. Her Master had offered to provide her with her desires, but she had not asked for much save for a room to call her own and some new clothes.

As her mind opened and awoke, she opened her eyes as her Master spoke to her. His presence now strong and familiar to her and he had returned home. Master, I shall be with you shortly.

Immediately she arose from her bed allowing the sheets to slide from her body and to fall to the floor. Tia showered and refreshed and dressed in a set of light clothes her Master had purchased for her. Simply white shirt which buttoned up the front and cream trousers held with belt, her boots still her own, brown scuffed and fitted like gloves. Her saber .. as always by her side, a habit formed from survival on the streets and she was never without it.

She found him in the kitchen and for a moment she remained in the frame of the doorway just watching him. He is still a stranger to her, a man of complexities and depth that is going to take some time to learn and know and one she had yet to form a trust. That trust needed to be earned of her as well. However, she would always be thankful to him for taking her in, providing some of life's little luxuries or necessities?, if one was to call food and clothes luxuries.

Her eyes moved to the pot of steaming water, the aroma of tea drifted on the air and she entered the kitchen. "Master? would you care for another tea?".

[member="Serian Loria"]

Serian Loria

Serian turned and looked over at her and allowed a small smile to touch his lips. Her manner was vastly different than Abel’s and while he liked the man and respected him, he appreciated her diffident manner and respectful tone. “Yes, please, help yourself as well there should be plenty of water.

He also appreciated her easy adaptation to the household, even if he still struggled and hid it from them all. While he didn’t miss the old Empire, he did miss how respectful students had been before it all got tainted and he forsook it. It was this about her that reminded him of that long ago time and warmed him to her. She was attractive of course, even he wasn’t immune to the allure of beauty, but she also wasn’t short. Some of the places he went it was easier to bring female company than male, which meant excluding Abel, but Tia could accompany him without raising eyebrows. Some of the social events required dancing and were she shorter company it would be a bit uncomfortable, but she was almost his height.

He was dressed in a dark blue tank top, matching bottoms and sandals. He noted her state of dress and decided to give her a bit of a warning “The belt might be a hindrance when we start training, I’ll give you the means to buy clothing that is more relaxed for future training. In the meantime...if you need to borrow something of mine, let me know, but you’ll have to judge if it becomes necessary when we start, I won’t mind pausing.

He didn’t share lightly either, but her training was more important and such a gesture would make it possible to continue. As much as he was used to living in luxury, he didn’t put much importance on ‘things’. A house, clothes, money, were all a means to an end and the loan of a few parcels of clothing were hardly difficult. “Do you know if you are more force oriented than physically oriented? What I mean by this is, is your connection to the Force stronger than your physical abilities? Its not uncommon for a woman to be more connected to the Force compared to a man, but there are exceptions to this rule in both cases. I myself favor the Force more than fighting in close combat, Abel is my opposite which makes training him a challenge. Right now, I am better than he when it comes to physically fighting, but he will soon surpass me. Knowing where you fit will impact how I train you, but won’t be any hardship. I also wish to know what training you have and in what capacity.

He watched her quietly as she fixed the tea, moving his cup closer for her to reach easier as she did so.

@Tia`ser Verd

Tia`ser Verd

T
[member="Serian Loria"]

She stood in silence for a moment as she considered his questions. Her hand reaching out to take is empty cup which is still warm .. perfectly warm. Her long fingered hands move slowly and deliberately as she prepared the tea. Tumbling the tea leaves into a small tea pot enough to make a perfect brew for two. The hot water steamed upward as she poured it into the pot then placing the lid to stand for a time to brew. On a deep plate big enough for the two cups to sit side by side, she pour a small amount of hot water so to warm the cups ready for the brew.

"Out of necessity more then wanting I have develop a skill with the blade, although I have had some training in my youth .. when ... with the Sith .. I .. was not very good more because I did not like their methods and could not connect to them. I did not want to be like them. It was a time when of upheaval and the Sith had been disbanded by force, I don't much about the details as I was not privy to them, all I know is that I had the opportunity to get out and I took it", she did not wish to say to much more about her past other then that, and this only to help aid his understanding of her abilities.

She removed the two cups from the water and with a small towel she wiped them try of the access water. Placing them on the bench Tia poured the brewed tea in each. Taking up her Master's cup she handed it to him, before taking her own in hand.

"Whether I am more adapt to more physical abilities I will be honest and say I don't know. I have not had to opportunity to discover the other, if that is where my true talent lays". She looked at her Master sideways not sure of how he would respond to such talk. However, she took this opportunity to consider the man rather then the Master, an interesting countenance, lean and pale but an aura of strength within his physical form, an almost sculptured face with defined features and the most unusual eyes she had ever seen, he is striking to look upon. "As for your offer of clothes for training, I will accept... you are correct I should have known better. But I will leave what you wish me to wear up to you...", Tia is not one for going through others possessions .. respecting privacy as much as she demands it.

Serian Loria

It seemed to him that the very things that had disgusted him then had truly carried over and that it was fortuitous that he found her when he had. “I discovered pretty early on that I had an easier time connecting to the Force and using those skills instead of a weapon. There are three kinds of fighters, close, mid and ranged, however with mid ranged fighters they can easily be either close or ranged as they are skilled in both. Its not necessarily the case for those who fall in the other positions. What force training have you had? The basics are pretty much being taught to connect to the Force by learning to sense it, then basic telekinetic and telepathic abilities. If you’ve had no Force training its not a problem.

He stood up at her acceptance to change, walking to his rooms and bringing her back a black top like his own and similar dark grey bottoms. He handed them to her before taking his seat again “I appreciate the ease of your acceptance to my suggestion. I am warning you now, the training I will give you will be hard and there will be times that I will have to cause pain. However I will not be unnecessarily cruel and while it will be harsh, it is only to bring out your full potential.

[member="Tia`ser Verd"]

Tia`ser Verd

T
[member="Serian Loria"]

"My force training .. if you could call it that .. was done under my time with the Sith as a child. I have basics in force jump, pull and push and telekinesis, skills I employ when necessary", which was true enough however her advancement in these skill had lacked due to her life in hiding or just existing to survive. This is more then true as she had no real master to protect or guide her, she struggle with the concept now. Moveover as he continued to talk as speak of his training methods.

She raised the warm cup to her mouth and sipped the refreshing liquid, her mind drifting off to a place she would much rather forget. Her mind settling on the memories of the ways of the Sith when training child in the arts of the dark side, their evil cruel methods to inflict pain in order to 'better ones abilities', 'for your own good' .. she never understood this and all it served to do for Tia was drive her further away and hate them more, but that might have been the point. But she did not care if she had missed it, as it was not who she is.

Pain is something she does not like, but can tolerate due to this and life on the streets. So, she would see what he actually means in his methods. "Understood Master .. I shall endeavour to do my best", she said in a whispered voice which held a tone of defience and she did not turning to look at him. Tia turned her body and placed the cup down on the bench gathered the clothes he had kindly offered her and left to change in a near by room. Before long she returned to the kitchen prepared for whatever he was about to throw at her.

Serian Loria

He gave a nod “You’ve proven you can sense Force aura as well, demonstrated when we first encountered you. Had you been my apprentice you’d not have suffered needlessly, nor to extremes. I don’t care much for developing hatred towards me from those I teach, I also won’t punish you for questioning me. Though I will ask that if you cannot see a different method for what I expect from you, to try it my way first, the same applies to anything else. Do you have an issue with mind-speech? Telepathy. There will be times it is easier for me to communicate mind to mind than aloud.

He finished his tea and stood up, heading towards the door that led outside from the kitchen. He walked in the shade, letting his eyes adjust to the brightness, ignoring the irritating sting. “What we will be doing after the run and exercises is a few simple tasks to determine whether you have an affinity for the Force. Someone who is a physical fighter will struggle more than one who is more aligned with the Force. Emotion and yes, pain, can boost one’s power, but it is a temporary thing. It is much like using a stimulant for certain needs or desires, it never lasts long. I have in the past injured myself, to use that spike, but only in cases of dire need. I was once buried under a pile of rocks during some exploration of some ruins. I didn’t have enough power on my own to use the shield I made to push the danger away. There are other uses, but its not a habit I’ve come to use at all times.

He turned to look at her “What do you hope to gain from training with me? I’m curious to know your motivation, surely the Jedi would have been a better choice. While I do not follow the Sith or Jedi ways, I do walk the dark path and my methods are harder than those you might get from their ways.

[member="Tia`ser Verd"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom