Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And light shines in the darkness [Jorryn]

Dromund Kaas​
Fun as it was to go all across the galaxy in pursuit of knowledge on the history of the Jedi Order - well, sometimes it was fun. Other times you got woken up at the crack of dawn to go off on an entirely different quest - on occasion one wanted to turn the tables and explore elsewhere. Today such an occasion had arisen, and Aria had gone to explore Dromund Kaas, one of the more Darksided planets within the Order's sphere of influence. Despite the Order's fairly relaxed view on such things, Aria felt more than a bit guilty about visiting on her own, though that was quite possibly to do with her rigorous attempts at full-on Jedi discipline than the actual atrocity of today's crimes.

Even with the slight tainted feeling the planet gave her, Aria genuinely found her explorations intriguing and so long as she remained with the Dark Temple out of eyesight, she was able to feel less apprehensive. She had explored Sith history with the intent of using their failures as cautionary tales during the time when she had feared falling down the same path, but today wasn't like that. She was studying out of curiosity, in the same way one studied dragon anatomy or foreign politics. She wasn't tangling with the Dark side today.

[member="Jorryn Fordyce"]

[member="Aria Vale"]

The rain pounded the side of her ship as Jorryn looked out of the view port next to her, staring outside through the droplets towards Kaas City. The droplets only served to intensify the glow coming from the great former capital of an ancient Sith Empire, fallen from power long ago. Even now she could feel the dark history that fed the planet long ago emanating the Sith energies that once ruled it. This was the reason that Jorryn had come so far from her base of operations, searching for an ancient power to help her in her training to fill the power vacuum that the collapse of the One Sith had left.

Jorryn passed the time imagining the power that she would be able to gain from a dark side nexus as her pilot made the proper arrangement for the rental of the landing pad. The planet had recently come under control of the Silver Jedi who kept it under heavy watch due to it's dark side history. Fortunately, it was on the outer rims of the Jedi's control and they couldn't patrol it as easily as most of their consolidated land, which allowed for easier access if a person knew their contacts.

Her daydreaming was broken by the ringing of the holocomm in her room, a small amount of annoyance made it's way into her mind as her eyes drifted towards the figure that appeared.

"My Lady, the Order of the Silver Jedi have allowed us to use the Landing Pad as long as we desire, provided we pay them an ample amount of course."

"They will receive their credits." She said with a small nod of acknowledgement as she turned her full body towards the holocommunicator before raising from her seat. Her servant gave a bow, a gesture of assurance as the communicator shut off with a low hum. She slung her cloak over the rest of her outfit and raised the hood as she made her way towards the exit ramp, not wanting to face the torrential weather of Dromund Kaas unprotected. The ramp lowered to show the glowing jewel of a city in front of her before she exited the ship, making her way towards the streets.

Morning went by and soon Aria found herself wanting a lunch break. She had been taking a look around some of the more historically meaningful sites, which had proved to be an incredibly interesting field trip, but as far as she could see there were no places to eat besides pubs, and at one in the afternoon that might be pushing it. Dromund Kaas or not, she was still a Jedi.

So, where to eat? Aria faintly remembered seeing a fancy-looking restaurant place around the corner from the landing pad at the city central. As good a place to start as any, she supposed, so she turned on her heel and set off.

Some fifteen minutes later, Aria reached the landing pad. It was only a few turns from here...she was racking her brains trying to mentally map out the city when a ship landed right beside her own, a tall Echani woman with a prominently Darksided presence stepping off the landing ramp. What a shame, and an Echani too - wait. Stopping her disproving monologue short, Aria thought back to the patrol guarding the planet and the care that was taken with such a Darksided planet. What was a woman such as her doing in Silver territory? Come to think of it, what was their policy on the non-Jedi that wanted to visit? Surely with everything going on at the moment the last thing the Order wanted was to let Sith roam among their land.
Even if there was a logical explanation, curiosity was getting the better of her. Who cared whether it killed the cat?

Dusting off her appearance to try and come across as more professional, Aria pushed her shoulders back and made her way over to the woman.

"Excuse me," she said, cursing her Echani accent for completely eliminating her air of authority, "I'm here on behalf of the Order of the Silver Jedi -" well, sort of - "and if you'll pardon, you're quite obviously not a Jedi. Do you have clearance from the Order?"

[member="Aria Vale"]

Surprise took Jorryn as she turned to face the woman calling to her. She hadn't expected any Jedi to be randomly patrolling the streets, assuming that job would be left to the grunts who ran the city. A quick inspection told Jorryn that the woman was around the same age and her accent was from Echani. Her first instinct was to run back to her ship and quickly take off from the planet, but thankfully her training taught her to think in more deceptive ways.

Replacing her look of surprise with on of professionalism, Jorryn turned to fully face the girl approaching her.

"Good afternoon master Jedi, I hope that my presence here had gotten through to the city centre. I have been called to this planet by Master To-Lenn to study Sith artefacts that he has deemed too dangerous for his students, and unfortunately he is unable to travel from Voss much due to his advanced age."

Jorryn folded her arms behind her back, beneath her calm demeanour she was hoping that she had remembered all the facts correctly and that the Jedi in front of her would believe what she had to say. Simultaneously she attempted to size up the Jedi's power, light radiated from the girl in a manner that exceeded Jorryn's own power.

She knew that she had to make her way to the Sith temple in order to gain power and insight into the force from the dark-side nexus that lay there, this Jedi was the only thing that lay in the way between her and her objective.

"I am on my way to the Ancient Sith temple to locate and archive certain articles that are deemed too sensitive for the local forces or susceptible Jedi to obtain, that is why Master Lo-Tenn has passed the task onto someone of my... demeanour." A small wave of Jorryn's hand in front of her body signalled she was talking about her dark side affiliation.

Aria nodded. The explanation the woman provided seemed fair enough; she wasn't looking to start a fight with the Sith, even if she was a Sith. She couldn't be expected to be celebrating over the woman's allegiance, but she held a level of tolerance, and in some cases respect, for those who took Darker paths than she had. It seemed reasonable that the woman had come to Dromund Kaas out of curiosity - Aria did the same thing herself, frequently - as long as it had been authorised by the Order, then who was she to object?

"My apologies." Aria gave a nod that was polite, almost courteous; only her eyes revealed that she remained suspicious. She could hardly be blamed; even the more civil Sith she had come across were not just irritating in their Darksided arrogance, but had a mildly unsettling air about them that always put her on edge. Still, the woman seemed to have a similar level of politeness, which, she being Echani, pleased her - had a sadistic psychopath Echani Sith come to the planet, her tolerance would be considerably lower. As it was, her competent and well-mannered air would have made her almost likable, had it not been for the obvious hurdle that was her allegiance to the Dark.

"If you have been authorised, then that's fine. Sorry for disturbing you - have a pleasant day." Though she wanted to demand proof of the Order's clearance, Aria knew she was just being suspicious. Had the woman been there to cause trouble, she would like to think she'd have been able to tell more easily - it was simply her general dislike and mistrustfulness of those tied to the Dark Side that was making her see danger where it wasn't necessarily there. That was all it was...right?

[member="Aria Vale"]

Jorryn kept her face perfectly still, even as a massive feeling of relief washed over her as the girl seemed to accept her explanation. She attempted as best that she could to hide her emotions behind a wall of calmness so that the Jedi would be unable to ascertain her true feelings about the situation, but Sith weren't trained as much to hide they emotions instead of revelling in them. A gnawing voice in the back of her head told Jorryn that she needed to finish with the Jedi and make her way to the temple/

"Of course, I understand your hesitation. I hope that you can make the best of the poor weather today." Jorryn gave a light smile along with the joke in an attempt to even further portray the sense of innocence that she was attempting to project. "I have to be on my way, Master Jedi, if you by chance see master Lo-Tenn before I do give him my regards." Jorryn folded her hands in front of her before bowing down to the Jedi, dismissing herself as politely as she could.

Jorryn turned around and headed towards the outer limits of the town, readying herself for a journey through the jungle in an attempt to reach one of the ancient Sith temples that littered the beautiful jewel of the dark side. A sense of nervousness rang in her mind, however. She worried that the girl could have suspected her, even though Jorryn thought she played her part perfectly. In an attempt to protect herself from any possible investigation, she lifted her holocom to her face as the figure of her pilot appeared.

"Kito, I need you to forge our ships navigation logs to travelling the Silver Jedi's territory for a while back, with a recent trip to Voss. Backup all our computer files as well and attempt to falsify some records from the Silver Jedi if you can."

"As you wish, my Lady, but there is only so much that I can do on such short notice." The attempt to hide the information would be able to hide her affiliation on the surface, however it would not be perfect. A small inspection would show inconsistencies and obvious signs of foul play with the navigation logs and computers, including many travels to dark side affiliated planets and many trips to Ruusan. She couldn't help but feel discomfort as she continued down the streets of Kaas City.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom