Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And Burn Their Stuff (Michael Sardun)

Live in Light, Surf Master
The Army of Light had a major problem. Kei had gone off to meditate, or leave for the open spaces, or handle his perilous situation with the bounty hunters which plagued his days. Whatever it was, @[member="Kei Amadis"] was gone. His wife Aditya was off in the Galactic Empire, and the Army of Light was teetering in indecision. @[member="Michael Sardun"] couldn't lead by himself, and Manu sat meditating in his Quarters aboard the Brynjar, asking for assistance from the Force.

You lead it, the answer came, as calm and comforting as an ocean squall. Manu turned his head, he led once, but now? Had he waited eight hundred years to go back in battle against the Sith? Against them all? The Jedi felt the Light chiding his indecision, he'd prayed once that he might undergo his crusade without harming his wife and daughters, without damning his family.

All gone now, to natural death they lingered and here Manu was with the means and employ to commit his soul to battle before the day he died. He sent one of his Keth Lieutenants to call on Michael Sardun, and have the General brought before the Rogue Knight of an order that died and metamorphosed eight centuries before.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
It was curiosity that drove him to Manu, there were so many things on his mind. Troops to be trained, the force to study upon and padawans to instruct, but he needed a break from that all. He needed to take some distance and look upon the situation with clarity. Might be that Manu could give him that, he had always seemed wise and intelligent. Maybe he could tell him what to do. Maybe, just maybe there was some advice that could fix all his problems.

He stepped into the Knight's quarters with a smile and said: "Manu, I heard you wished to talk to me?"

@[member="Manu Xextos"]​

The quarters were sparse and bright, as all Echani quarters tended. Sprouting from the thick white plated walls were moments of colours, stills taken from an ancient holorecorder playing in constant repeat: scenes of home. His wife Erryn curled in their bedsheets, pushing her face to the pillow with a tired smile, Thyrsus in its glowing unveiling from the Kae's Tower, Erryn singing to an infant girl child, a teenager beside them with her shocking red hair glowing out from the rest of the Echani. There were sparring dances and footage of Sun Guard in battle taken from an old museum, and in the centre was the man himself, Manu Xextos dressed in the regalia of his Queenly wife's position, wrending entire buildings of rubble apart with a muted scream and the trembling expressions of the Echani around him. Each moment in time delivered Manu to a piece of his conscience. in the centre with a cup of tea in hand, Manu sat.

"Take your boots off and sit down." This was hallowed ground for the past relic. "Your mind feels in conflict, Michael. I wonder why." He smiled up and waited. @[member="Michael Sardun"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
And so he did, with a dignified movement he put his boots next to the ones already there and sat down in front of the Echani Knight. The question was a good one, for what did trouble his mind so much? Was it the fact that the leadership of the Army was heavier than he had expected it to be? Or was it the fact that to juggle all the positions and oaths he had sworn in his life were starting to wear him down? Uncertainty paralyzed him for a good while, before he was able to answer the man's question.

Then he simply said: "It is too much, Manu. I am not sure if I am able to do this all on my own."

@[member="Manu Xextos"]

"Solitude helps for a hair's breadth in time. It does us credit that for a while we can shoulder burdens lesser beings would shrink and crush under. Feel positive about that." Now he knew why the Light had called him to help. Here was a man much like Manu had been, perhaps a bit younger but for his years he was sound. The time traveller used his telekinesis to pour @[member="Michael Sardun"] tea and float the cup over, as he thought about the words next to come.

"It is too much. You will overextend yourself and the cacophony of voices pulling you in their directions will weigh on you like my own brittle bones, which crack and snap even now with the dignity of a sobbing child." Manu flexed his gnarled hands, a tiny bit better than they had been before, and rolled his shoulder until he heard a pop. "So don't do it alone. What do you need of me, Michael? There's very little I haven't seen before."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom