Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An unlikely talk.

There was no reason for me to be here. Well logically anyways. I came to Tatooine to take some time off. Being with the Lords of the Fringe, I was stuck training and training. Always trying to please my Master. However, I wanted to have some time off. When I had asked Lucien about it, he allowed me on one condition. To go and talk to someone.

While I was at his Manor, I was almost always alone. Even with the Staff there. I really only connected with one man about my age. Ferion. Even then, we hardly talked. I remember my Master talking to me, shaking his head that I was always alone and not out among the public creating an image of myself. Well, the thing is, it was hard to do that when your entire left arm looks like the spawn of the Devil. Literally my left arm was made out of a hard hide, black as ash, and having red and orange lines down the entirety of my arm. I even had claws on my fingers, and my elbow had a bone blade. I hated my Poisoned arm. It was created out of Sith Alchemy and Magic. A poison that ran through my veins. Causing me to have darker tendencies. And with the blood forging all around me, I had a much, Much higher force sensitivity than that of most other force users. Last time that I had taken a reading, it was around 11,000 counts of midichlorian.

Now that is fething high. The Fabled and mythed Skywalker had around 20,000 and his son Luke had around 15,000. And they were powerful beyond all others. Most other readings from other people, were around the 5,000 range. ANd having that much more, made me a high target.

I hated the fact that I had the force. Sure it gave me power and the abilities to use Lightsabers, and perform feats of strength that would demeanor even the strongest human. But I hated it. People stayed away from me because of how dark I was. If you could put me into the fewest words you could, it would have been, Sith and Goth. Its just who I was. ANd almost everybody Judged my by my looks and the Dark signature that I had in the force. Once again, letting the task that was given to me of talking to people, not so easy.

I drove my Chaos Messenger. A military variant of a Ground speeder used in part by myself and others in the Fringe. With the way that the sand was around here. I thought if I were to happen to meet someone, I might take them on a sand dune expedition. I had done one in the past, and it was rather fun, but it's not that fun when you are once again, alone. Up on the top where a repeating blaster was supposed to be, I had taken it off for obvious reasons, and allowed my gear to be carried in the back under a tarp to protect it from the sand. Really all that was in there was clothes, Credits, some armor, and my blaster rifle.

Driving up into the City gates of Mos Eisley. Well, more like a Checkpoint for my items to be looked at. The guards looked through my items. and motioned for me to move on. I put the vehicle in gear, then drove into the city where I hoped to find something to do.

[member="Kayla Christman"]

The speeder owned by Aurelius Bergen parked before a shop in the city, with Kayla and Mimi Christman as his passengers. The youngest granddaughter of the retired politician was still rambling about everything she wanted to buy and if Kayla was putting it town on her list, it would have gone from too big to absolutely ridiculous. Luckily, the blonde knew exactly how to deal with Mimi so that wouldn't happen.

Stepping out of the speeder, she kept the doors open for the girl while her blue eyes darted over to the aide. "We won't be long. You can head to the cantina if you want." While the aid didn't have to take her suggestion, she imagined he would, having not been local and not too used to the heat on the planet. 'I want to go with him,' Mimi quickly shot up at her making her frown. She would have preferred if to keep on eye on Little Miss Troublemaker but since the man just offered a polite shrug to her, Kayla nodded. "Fine. But you better behave or grandfather is going to find about it," she threatened, making Mimi stick her tongue out at her. She remained there for a bit, watching the two head off to the nearest cantina. That child was too much trouble on any given day and somehow, as the eldest of Leigh Christman's children, Kayla was always stuck with her. Then again, her younger siblings, the twins, tended to be too lenient with her as it was so grandfather preferred if the girl wasn't around them too much. Of course, if everything went grandfather's way, many things would have been different, her included.

She chuckled at that thought to herself and took her small datapad from the backseat of the speeder, where she had stored the list. She was definitely going to call the man back when she was done because there was no way she was going to carry it on her own.

I was speeding. Well more like going faster than normal. I was trying to get a spot at a bar. Cantina really. And to fit a speeder this big in a few spots was rare, and so I had to get there fast. All of a sudden an old man with a girl holding onto his hand walked out into the street. Thinking quickly, I pulled on the Emergency break, and shifted my gear to reverse. Screwing up my engine, but stopping myself by the couple of people by about a foot. The engine died and would have to be replaced because this was my only way back to my ship. I pulled myself out of the landspeeder and rushed over to the two. My left side was covered in a cloak to hide the poisoned arm and not to scare people away.

"Are you two okay? Please tell me you are okay?" Sure I was a sith, Yes I killed people for a living, but that doesn't mean I go out and kill random people. I only hurt those who attack me, or that I am ordered to kill by my master. "Are you guys hurt?"

The sound of the engine being choked and the sudden loud sounds made her eyes go wide. She had thought of her sister instantly but before she even turned, Mimi was screaming out her lungs without signs of stopping. By the time she turned around, she could see the stop vehicle a whole foot away from her little sister and her grandfather's aide. She quickly ran at their side as the driver excited the vehicle. Mimi was still screaming. How... Kayla had no idea where she found the lung capacity.

As the man spoke, the blonde ignored him, grabbing the youngest Christman by the shoulders and shaking her. It took a couple of shakes before the other blonde finally stopped and blinked, looking straight at her. "Are you okay?" Kayla asked clearly. Her sister nodded very slowly. Fear was not something that was normal for her sister so it was incredibly weird seeing it on her face now.

Her head turned to the driver. She remembered he had asked some questions. Then her eyes darted back to the aide and she gave him a small nod which he understood, pulling Mimi away from the scene to which the girl, already regaining her calm began to protest, but the man managed to take her with him into the cantina. Now she could fully focus on the driver who almost hit her sister and could have hurt her pretty bad. "They're both fine," she told [member="Nickolas Imura"]. "You on the other hand need to watch where you're going. And slow down," There was a bit of sharpness in her tone which was hardly a surprise considering the fact that her sister almost got hit or worse. And while Kayla hadn't seen him to know how fast he was going, her late Aunt being a mechanic did teach her a thing or two and that engine sound was a dead give away.

I looked at the two, attempting to hep them, but a blonde girl rushed over and helped them herself. I took a step back to allow them room. It was never good to crowd around people when they just had a near death experience. Once everything was okay. I looked to the woman as she turned to me, telling me that they were fine, and that I had to slow down. I smiled slightly and nodded my head, "Yeah, well right now, I can't go anywhere because the engine is screwed up." I turned to look at it, slightly smoking from maybe a few teeth in the engine that would be broken off or just steaming with a huge amount of heat from the sudden stop.

"I am glad that they are safe though." I offered her my hand, trying to maybe get onto a new foot that said, "I'm not actually trying to kill these people." "I'm Nick, and um, I was wondering if you know a place where I can get this fixed?"

Engine was shoot. She glanced at vehicle, saw the smoke coming out of it. "Yep, that's done," the blonde commented, drawing to the edge of her knowledge of her mechanics. He was glad they were safe though. "They're safe. She'll have something to ramble in my ear and every family member she comes in contact with today... thanks for that," Kayla said and chuckled slightly. She'd get an earful for it though, mostly because Mimi would drive their grandparents mad with the story of how she almost died. But if it wasn't this, it would be something else. Maybe she now she won't put too much attention to spending time in the cantina.

His name was Nick. Kayla's thoughts of her little sister pushed aside then and she smiled, taking his hand as she said: "Kayla. Nice to meet you, Nick." She shook it briefly and then released it before pondering on his question. Any mechanics around? Her Aunt's Zhanna's shop was not too far from here but since she was gone, the alien whom her Uncle allowed to used wasn't really that good. She thought about it for a bit. "There's a few repair shops and mechanics that way," the Tatooinian responded, pointing ahead of them. "You want to avoid the first one, the alien currently running it is really bad at mechanics. It's end up in a way worse state than it is right now."

[member="Nickolas Imura"]

I smiled as the woman, looked to be around my age, maybe even older, made a comment about how her little sister/sibling would be taking non stop about her near death experience for a long time. I smiled and nodded my head. "Let me guess, she snitches on everything you do as well?" A person who was open to talking was alos open to tattle tale on someone. and well, that comment was not out of the question.

Kayla then stated her name and and pointed out that there were a few shops down the road. however, she said that the first one was not very good. I looked at her quizzically. "How is that so? Would you happen to have dealt with these people before?" if I was going to stay away from them, I wanted a fairly good reason other than "Hes no good at his job." When really it could be more so along the lines of "Old family grudge and we don't like them." Either way, this girl seemed interesting, knowing about the engine and maybe even more than she was letting on. And well, as a person who was fairly new to this world less than half a year ago, She was peaking my interest. because well, I never met a girl that knew about ships and speeders.

"And if you don't mind, Could you point out the shops? I know nothing of the place around here, and well, I'm not so good at directions." it was true. I wasn't all that great. however, I knew when to follow them as an order or a command, or when they were just hinting at me and pointing me into a direction.

[member="Nickolas Imura"] took a guess about Mimi and Kayla nodded several times, stressing out just how much he was right about his words. Of course, Kayla could bribe her in some way to keep her quiet, the little one was actually quite good with blackmailing but this one wasn't really one of those situations. It was best to save that for things she really didn't want her grandparents to hear about.

How did she know about the mechanic? "We used to own the ship. My Aunt was the mechanic, until she died. And she was really good at it. I don't know much about mechanics but what I do, she taught me," Kayla started but paused for the moment. She really missed her Aunt Zhanna. But that wasn't relevant right now so she continued. "He was really the first one to want to buy it and my Uncle really wanted to get rid of it. We've taken a few speeders over there since then and did end up in worse conditions than before." It was merely a case of memories he didn't want to have instead of anything else. If he had been rational about it, perhaps a better mechanic would have had the chance to buy it but he didn't, and things were now as they were.

Could she point out the shops? Kayla turned her back from him and look at the shops ahead. One small blue alien flew out of his ship. She couldn't exactly remember his name but he'd manage to fix the problems caused by the other one. She looked back at Nick and pointed over to the alien. "That one over there. If you have credits, he does good work. He even managed to fix the trouble the other one did to the speeders."

Taking a look to her as she simply nodded her head to my comment, I let it go into the past where there was no reason to bring it up again. However, she gave the small rendition of how her aunt, Currently passed away, was the old owner of the shop and how her uncle was wanting to sell it quickly. I huffed. Yeah it seemed that some people wanted to get rid of things, just throw it away for a reason that could be thought of a way to keep it.

If I were the older man, I would have kept the shop in memory of my wife, that was if I had one. But it was his life, not mine. Kayla continued to talk saying that they guy who had just walked out of a different place, pointing him out to be a good guy to fix all of this. I then looked at the girl, "Yeah, thank you." I started to walk off when I stopped and faced her again.

"Um, You wouldn't mind of I bought you guys something, A drink maybe? I mean, I did just almost run you guys over."

Kayla was kinda glad Nick had just brushed over her remark about her Aunt. She preferred it that way. It was int he past, it was never good to reminisce about the dead for too long... which odd coming from her, considering her situation but that was an exception to the rule for her, a path that had been chosen for her instead of the other way around. Not that Kayla felt like she could ever regret it but that was how it was.

Instead, she noted the thank you from the man and nodded, offering a tiny smile on her lips. "You're welcome." She had figured he'd leave after that but instead, she'd heard him speak again. Would she mind if he got them something? A drink? "Well, you didn't almost run me over. And I'd personally recommend you stay clear for Mimi's sight. It's best if... something else distracts her. Who knows, she might actually forgets how this is all my fault." The first half had been for Nick, but the second half of what she said was more her just talking out loud. She knew that wouldn't happen. Mimi didn't forget things. Ever. That child had better memory than most people.

"It's okay, Nick. Nobody got hurt, you still have to pay for the repairs and the replacement parts," the blonde pointed out, giving the vehicle another glance and then return her eyes to him.

I smiled and shook my head at Kayla as she had said that I had not almost ran her over. But if I did run someone over, I bet in a heartbeat she would have been trying to slit my throat and end my life more brutally than how I had ended theirs. Running one person over does not only effect that one person, it effects everybody. Their family, friends, and possible people that could have been in either of those places. As much as I would have to pay the man for my engine, It was nothing to buy a few "i'm sorry for messing up whatever you were going to" gifts or in other words, a retribution.

"A few drinks is nothing." I shrugged my shoulders. "And lets call it that I just owe somebody for not running your family over." I gave a smile as I spoke, I felt like I owed them as a family, and this girl, Kayla something, because I could have ruined lives with just my foot on the pedal going a little too fast. And I was already late to get a spot at the pub down town, where I hardly talked to anyone. Might as well make a reason to join someone.

Well. that is if they don't mind being with a partly messed up Sith.

A few drink was nothing. If he said so. And apparently he owned somebody for not ruining her family over. "You owe your manufacturer for the good vehicle they made," Kayla pointed out a fact that was extremely important in this situation. If the speeder wasn't as good ad it was, if its brakes were in anyway faulty, Nick would have hit her sister and her grandfather's aide and they wouldn't be having a conversation like this.

But fine, if he really wanted to do something, Kayla could probably spare some time before she went shopping or picking Mimi up. The girl could probably keep busy for a while with the music in there and all the interesting faces and could bug the aide with a gazillion questions. There was a tiny bit of time probably. "Fine, if you really want to... but maybe another cantina would do. Like I said, you don't want to run into Mimi again." If he insisted, sure, fine. But based on her experience with the youngest Christman, her advice was with reason. It would have been if he listened.

I smiled and nodded my head as she accepted my offer. Chuckling at her comment of having to go to a different one. "I guess it wouldn't be all to smart of me would it?" I motioned with an open hand to walk with me. "I might have a place in mind, That is if you don't think that people like myself are too bad." I said lifting my hand to cover the sun from my eyes.

There was something about her. Something that I could not quite catch. It was on the tip of my fingers. and I was surprised that she had not felt my presence yet. Either she had over looked it, or didn't care about my rather dark force signature. Regardless, it was not something that I should over look. "I just think that you are trying to get away from your sister." I said with a chuckle.

@Nikolas Imura already had a place in mind? That was quick. Kayla had already noted his motion to join him but his remark about people like him made look at him oddly. Why was he...? "People like you? I have yet to find out what you're like, Nick. Cheating about that isn't the least bit fair." Kayla point out, offered another small smile and followed.

In that moment, she could have tapped into the Force to see what exactly he had meant but she had no reason to do so. He'd given her no cause. Whether light or dark, or even in between, Kayla didn't much care. She'd met both sides and the neutral. She could be friends with people despite their choice of alignment. She didn't want to find out about it the easy way though his question did live a wonder about it. Not enough to concentrate on it but enough to talk about it. "Why do you think I wouldn't want to go with you?" Or rather why he thought in such a way.

He did however made a comment about her sister, causing her to glance back to the cantina before she looked back at him and chuckled. "That is definitely part of it. I'd rather avoid her rant about this while it still fresh. I've been on the receiving end of such rants before. They usually involve blackmail neatly tucked into them. Mimi is... unique in the family." Did she have to tell him that? No, she didn't. She most definitely didn't have to. But Kayla had heard his remark and she couldn't really lie even if she wanted to. Mimi was the black sheep of the Christman family. She'd risk saying of her maternal family of her mother but her late great Uncle already had that special face after what he had done. "So, where did you have in mind?

I smiled lightly as she said that cheating wasn't the least bit fair. I shrugged my shoulders and let it slide. I had messed up on my words. She then asked why she would have not come with me. I almost cringed at her response. However, she continued to talk when I had not. Saying that she would rather stay away for now from her sister. As much as she wanted to be away, I wanted to be near my brother. I had not seen him since I was 5 years old. and when the sith had taken me. I stayed silent looking at the ground as we walked. even when she asked where we were going. As she was walking on my left, I decided to come out and show her why, rather than say anything.

I pulled off the cloak to reveal my body in a tank top with my left arm looking like it was out of a horror movie. The red and black hide that was once my skin. And the clawed fingers. But lets not forget the bone blade hat came from my elbow, that I had once used against a jedi who was fighting me. I had cut his lip, cheek and chin open with a pair of swipes from my elbow.

"Yeah, Not really the nicest thing to look at, and its not all so great with the Jedi."

[member="Nickolas Imura"] didn't respond for a bit which made her look at him, she registered him pulling his cloak off to reveal with the large arm with the clawed fingers and the bone blade . Nick said it wasn't the nicest thing to look at it with the Jedi.

Her blue gaze shifted to his face for a moment, her faces unable to hide the surprise on her face. Then she looked back arm, slowly lowering her attention over it until she reached the end of the clothes. Surely, he wasn't born with it. "Why did they do that to your arm?" She asked, her voice calm but covered with curiosity.

I looked at her reaction. it was easy to see that she was surprised. And being born with this would have been hell for my mother. So yes it was concluded that it was done after. I shook my head as she asked what had happened to me. I shrugged my shoulders. Deciding that I might as well tell her how it happened.

"Long story short, I was taken captive by an Alchemist, and he used a large variation of potions and poisons to infect me. After a while he used the force to create the poison to become a fungus that grows on my arm. The more it grows, the more pain I get. The more I use the force, the more it grows."

I looked down at my arm. Seeing that others were looking at it. I covered my arm up again to hide it from other peoples eyes judging me on how I look without thinking of what I had gone through. I shook my head. "Sorry, I should have not brought that up."

[member="Nickolas Imura"] told her his story. The hand was done to him by an Alchemist who help him captive, who used a large variation of potions and poisons to infect him. Kayla frowned at this piece of information. She already did like the particular Alchemist, even though she didn't even know who it was. Though her dislike did not expect to all alchemist because of the one tale. She was incapable of such things.

There was more too. The Alchemist also created a poison through the Force to to become a fungus that grows on his arm which brought Nick pain.

He covered the hand quickly enough and apologized for showing it to her. Kayla shook her head and offered a small smile. "It's alright," she said truthfully. "I'm curious though. You said the last poison was created through the Force...," she paused, thinking how to even phrase her question, "...if created by Force, is there at all a chance the Force could be used to get rid of it?" Kayla knew next to nothing about alchemy so if there was an obvious answer to that, she didn't know it. However, this part seemed logical to ask, especially since Nick said it caused him pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom