Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Offer (Sophia/Thraishe)

@[member="Sophia Walsh"]@[member="Thraishe Krine"]

Monty sat in a up scale cantina in a mid level district on Coruscant waiting to see if the woman he'd recently contacted would show. He sat with his personal bodyguard and waited impatiently. Part of the vices of being such a young businessman.

He wore his normal suit with the concealed slugthrowers and the large revolver he'd taken from his dead father on his hip.

The woman he was to meet was a Republic Naval Captain with friends in very high places who was a hellava good pilot. He wanted to see if she'd be interested in making some extra creds.

Sophia was very loyal to the Republic but she couldn’t help but be a little interested in this young man’s business deal. She didn’t need extra credits as she had everything that she needed. Honestly if she was left with just a ship the young woman would be just fine. Even though she didn’t plan on taking the deal there was no harm in listening it. It was kind of like she was doing a little under cover spy work even though she was in no way a spy.

Instead of coming in her uniform she decided to show up in a pretty little blue number that she had picked up a few weeks back. Finally she had found good use for it. Under her dress she hide her blaster because well you never could be too careful.

“Mr. Jusik, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she smiled reaching the table he sat at. “I’m Sophia Walsh. You contacted me awhile back.”

Monty was taken aback at the woman's appearance. She certainly was a looker.

"Yes I did Miss Walsh, and the pleasure is all mine. I'm sure your father must have fun looking out for you." Monty said with a chuckle. "I'm offering a job and if you don't want that starship upgrades, or anything else you may fancy." He finished with a smile.

Monty wasn't so sure he even wanted to hire her now, given her appearance and status. He might attempt to pursue her, and he never fraternized with employees.

Thraishe sat by and looked at her, no doubt thinking the same thing his boss was. But he had Auri. He didn't know much about her, just what he'd heard from the conversation, but she didn't appear to pose a threat so Thraishe didnt worry too much about Monty's relative safety.

Smiling Sophia lightly shook her head as she sat down when he mentioned her father. That in of itself was a story. Her father wouldn’t let a man go within five feet of her if he could help it. He was quite overprotective of her. While Sophia loved her father she didn’t like the fact that he hadn’t let up. She had a good head on her shoulders, knew how to handle herself, and was pretty smart.

“What kind of job are we talking about here?” She would only want upgrades if she could put them on herself but the Republic would never allow her to do that so getting that would be futile. She had to admit for a crime lord he was kind of cute and young as well. Honestly she had thought she was going to be meeting with someone much older. This was quite a surprise but not a bad one.

Her glance went to Thraishe for a second before turning back to Monty. No doubt his bodyguard but she wasn't worried about him. Sophia wasn’t here looking for trouble but it was possible that she could have found it. "I'm also really curious as to why you contacted me in the first place. You know my place at the Republic. Why would I ever want to jeportize that to come work for you? I make enough as is" she smiled leaning over the table a little.

@[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Monty Jusik"]

Through his helmet he let out a laugh.

"You work for the Republic. You make next to nothing. We can benefit from your piloting skills, running larger ships." Thraishe jutted in, "My apologies sir"

"Smuggling most likely, cargo of your choice. Or anything else you'd like to do really, I'm a businessman at heart and believe in keeping happy employees." Monty replied to her question about the job.

He leaned in a little closer for the second response and narrowed his eyes playfully. "Some of us don't do things for the money." He leaned back in his chair and grinned. "I haven't needed money since I stole Jesse Pinkerton's lunch money in fourth grade. But I continue to do these things. Why? Because I like it. You don't seem like someone who's motivated by money, but imagine the thrill of it all. That's what I offer you. A visceral excitement that can only be achieved by skirting along the edges of the law. Or vehicle enhancements." The young man finished with a chuckle.

Thraishe Krine said:
@[member="Sophia Walsh"] @[member="Monty Jusik"]

Through his helmet he let out a laugh.

"You work for the Republic. You make next to nothing. We can benefit from your piloting skills, running larger ships." Thraishe jutted in, "My apologies sir"
He waved off his bodyguard.

"Do not insult the woman's profession Krine, that's not what this meetings about."

"Your right I don't make oodles of credits but it's enough to live on. I'm happy at the Republic surrounded by my family, friends, and my ship so your right credits don't interest me." She loved the idea of skirting along the skylanes dodging trouble at every turn. She had to admit it was thrilling when her ship ran into trouble still putting her career and everything on the line was not worth some cheap thrill. If she wished for that she could ask about the more dangerous mission. "I would never do anything against the law in truth my crew and I go after smugglers. I have worked hard to get to where I am and my crew respects me and my command. Smuggling is not worth that and ship modifications," she paused for a moment crossing her legs and smiled. "I'm pretty good at doing those all by myself."

"Then why are you here? Is there something else you want?" Monty asked, genuinely curious as to why the woman would show if she had no interest in doing anything with his organization. A thought popped into his head. A thought that might get him into a lot of trouble later.

He grinned. "If you don't want to work with my organization, how would you like to go to dinner sometime, not involving business, just personal?"

"Honestly, I was just curious to meet you." It was the best she could come up with. Sophia had known full well she didn't want to work with him before even coming. She just kind of wished to meet a crime lord and he was not what she expected in the slightest. The next thing he said though took her by surprise as nobody had ever asked her out for dinner before. Nobody was ever that brave enough to do that. Her father would have killed them or worse demoted them.

"I would like that," she smiled pushing a few stands of her hair behind her ear. Sophia would have to somehow slip away one night without telling her father or perhaps she ought to. She hated lying to her father. "My father though is very strict just to warn you."

"You're adult, and I know of your father." Monty replied with a grin.

"When and where would you like to go?" Monty said as he downed his still full stimcaf. Protective father or no he wasn't going to allow such a fascinating woman to slip by him without attempting to court her.

Sophia knew that she was an adult but that didn't exactly mean she was treated like one. Her father still treated her as if she was baby sometimes and watched over her constantly. She couldn't go anywhere it seemed without him knowing. She wouldn't be surprised if he knew she was here somehow. "He's going to want to meet you before you take me anywhere." The thought of that made her cringe a little as she knew how he acted when a guy just looked at her.

"Most of my nights are free at the moment so whenever you get a chance. I know your a very busy man. We could try that new popular restaurant if you want I heard that's good." She didn't want to inform him that she had never been out before as that would be quite embarrassing. "I'm sure though with your connections you have been to places I have never even heard of."

"That's fine by me." Monty said, flashing a smile. He was extremely curios to how her father would react, given her father's reputation and status.

"And why would he not like me?" Monty asked with a quizzical and semi sarcastic grin. "I'm just an enterprising young man from Tatooine who had a hard life and raised himself from the depths of poverty. Who just happens to run an import and export business outta Mos Espa."

Monty checked pulled out his datapad and checked through his schedule. Sophia had most certainly been right about him being a busy man, an almost annoying amount of things to do to run a planetary wide operation.

"How does Thursday at eight sound?" Month said, flipping through his calendar.

She was honestly a little surprised to hear that he had no quarrels with meeting her father. Most guys did but well that was the Navy for you. Sophia couldn't give him any pointers as she had none to give as she never had brought a guy home. It was the right thing to do introduce him before going out or at least that's what she kept telling herself.

"Your a guy interested in his daughter that's enough for him not to like you. If he could he would totally spy on us as well. I know he watches me at work and I don't even report to him."

This would be a test in a way to see what her father could handle out of her. It would be interesting if nothing else. "That sounds great. I'll be ready and waiting. I figure you can meet him when you pick me up." Now that she thought about it she sincerely hoped that her father didn't pull out a blaster on him.

@[member="Sophia Walsh"]@[member="Thraishe Krine"]

"Yes my always faithful companion, I think you shall." Monty replied to his favorite bodyguard with a grin.

He turned to Sophia. "I'm sure we'll get along smashingly. I'll pick up the check, see you then huh?" Monty said with that same grin as he stood and put on his jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom