Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An introduction

Chazwa was a cold planet, not like hoth or other ice covered rocks never meant for human life, yet harsher then most regular worlds.

It was the bright center of the republic and its place as a high civilization had found cures for most hostile environments, even turned them into places of relaxation and comfort.

On this day however [member="Kassa Sahl"] found herself in the untouched wilderness. The mountain side was steep and slippery as padawan and master made their way up unto a rocky shelf offering a spectacular view yet little room for movement nor any shelter against the cold wind.

Mantic closed the thicker winter robe around him and took a seat on one of two small boulders dominating the scene. He motioned for his padawan to sit on the other one.
It would arrange for them to sit facing each other with little space in between them.

While the master waited for the student to climb to her position he opened his back pack and produced two small bundles wrapped in leather.

"Be careful padawan," he encouraged her. "once you are sitting comfortable - Let me know."

Given her isolationist past, it was relatively unsurprising that Kassa hadn't heard of Chazwa, the Republic capital. But she had done a fair amount of reading once she had been informed of their destination, and had gleaned all she could from the texts available that were actually readable via her eyeless sight. The planet was most well-known for its position along a trading lane, giving it a reputation as a shipping center, though she surmised that to have changed with the installment of the Republic on-world. Its climate was cold, but not so chilling as those worlds uninhabitable by any sentient, and its terrain was comprised of mostly plains, but with enough variation to keep things interesting.

Soon enough she was given leave to explore its surface herself alongside her Master, and she followed after him with careful steps, being certain each foothold and handhold alike were sure before pushing forward. Her skin prickled beneath her chosen attire, though she hardly felt the cold for the curiosity bubbling within her at what new experiences this outing would hold. Over her years of training she had learned many things, but never had she been among others or on worlds as full of life as Chazwa. Whatever had been planned for their agenda today, she was certain it held new discoveries that she hadn't so much as thought of before.

With one final heave she levered herself onto the boulder, adjusting her position to sit cross-legged across from [member="Mantic Dorn"]. "I'm ready, Master."

Mantic offered [member="Kassa Sahl"] a reassuring smile as she announced her being ready. Naturalky, she could not see it but never the less, Mantic kept acting as if that was not the case.

"Very good padawan. Now, you have come to an age and skill where the force either starts to close itself ir open itself." he began and placed the small bundle he had brought before her.

"Or rather, it may feel as if it is the force makes that decision for you. But in fact, in most cases it more depends on the wielders state of mind." Mantic started to unwrap his own bundle and motioned to her to follow suit.

Carefully he picked up a needle and thread from the bundle. In it also rested two patches of cloth.
His padawan would find the same equipment in her bundle.

"Now, I expect you to sow the patches together while we talk. If you do not know how to sow, I will instruct you as we go."

"Start by telling me the jedi code and what it means to you."

Mantic held his gaze steady upon his padawan while his fingers started to work with sowing.

Out of all the myriad talents and survival tactics Kassa had tucked under her belt, sewing was most definitely within that scattered skillset. It was often required that she mend her own clothes due to simply not having anything else with which to cover her back, and so she had quickly become some kind of impromptu seamstress. Never would she claim to be the best, but her skill was passable, if not rudimentary and makeshift. With a practiced deftness she felt her way alongside the edges of the patches despite being able to perceive them perfectly well, taking the needle and thread in her other hand and beginning to stitch them together with deft, nimble movements. One would hardly think her a talented warrior as well.

"There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force." A mantra every Jedi and hopeful knew by heart, and one often repeated during most any lesson one would find themselves taking part in within the Temple. It was just as familiar to her, though she had never had it specifically outlined for her, rather reading through it and absorbing her own interpretations as she went along. Her upbringing had always taught her to be independent, and it seemed that would stretch even into her training. Hopefully her Master wouldn't mind too much.

Her brow furrowed slightly as she considered what weight might be held behind those words, but she spoke just as certainly as ever once she found it within herself to continue. "I believe the Jedi Code speaks to freedom in its purest form through moderation. It gives ones guidelines to living wholly and purely through release of all negativity. It allows those that live by it to choose whatever path they see fit, whether it be that of a warrior or scholar, just so long as they keep a close watch on those words." Her explanation was concise and to the point, and she believed every word with a conviction that wasn't odd to find within the facets of her personality.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Seeing as [member="Kassa Sahl"] held sewing skills Mantic put away his own needle and thread and instead put his hands inside the sleeves of his robe. His padawan knew the code and had given it some time to reflect upon. This was a good start he thought as he let her words and and then gave some time of silence while she kept working the patches.

"These are good thoughts padawan. I will however offer an advice on the matter." he spoke after a while. The wind blew coldy over them but Mantic did not seem to be bothered with it. Then again, he was warming his hands while [member="Kassa Sahl"] had to have them in the cold performing her delicate work.

"The jedi code is not here to free you solely. But to protect others from you as well. The force is a mighty entity and we all know that it easily can be abused. In ancient days the first jedi order formed since the force sensitive were ripping the galaxy apart. Thre was a great need to have it controlled, and thus the order and rules were created to keep it from growing to wild."

He looked out over the shelf and gazed into the distance for a while, both to let her ponder his words but also since his own mind needed to collect his thoughts.

"A jedi that follows the code is a far less risk or even danger then a force sensitive that goes his or her own way. That is a purpose of the code that is often neglected these days. Jedi that follow the code and the orders restrictions might even provide a balance and security for the galaxy."
He returned his eyes to his padawan.

"Tell me, why do you want to be a jedi padawan?"

I am terrible at posting, and for that I apologize. All this Republic business of late has kept me busy on Keira. Hopefully it'll start slowing down soon.

The easiest answer to that question would be that the Jedi had been those to find her first. After all, that represented some fraction of the truth. However, had it not been her wish, Kassa would have foregone the entirety of the Order altogether and simply continued forging her own path among the Echani people. But instead she had strayed, and now found herself here on Chazwa, seated across from the Jedi Master that had agreed wholeheartedly to train her. "I want to be a Jedi Padawan so I can be someone that is capable of somehow making a positive impact on the galaxy. But I would also like to improve upon my own talents and skill as well." She was neither selfish nor entirely selfless, instead seeming to balance the two precariously in the middle.

A shiver cut through her form unbidden, though she quickly steeled herself against the cold and resumed her careful work of stitching the two pieces of fabric together for a still-unknown purpose. But, as with everything else, she was patient and content that he would reveal the answer in time. "Do you believe that all those that don't follow our same Code are a danger to themselves and the greater galaxy? It seems to me that would be a dangerous assumption to make. There are plenty of different individuals that populate the galaxy. Not all of them can be evil just because they don't believe the same as us." Or so her young and fiercely independent mind told her to believe.

"I didn't mean to speak out of turn, Master, but it is an honest question. There are Jedi outside of the Republic, and some of them probably don't follow the Code we do, but they still do their own good for the galaxy." The only true evil she could see that was worthy of being condemned was the Dark Side and those who followed it. There had to be an area of grey in between that was missing, one that somehow bridged the gap between the two supposed sides of the Force in order to make it whole. And it was this knowledge she sought out from her Master. Even for one that perceived her surroundings through it, the Force still held a whirling miasma of mystery.

[member="Mantic Dorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom