Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Encounter with a Thief

SK Heavy Industries Plastoid Assembly Plant ER-027
Cyrillia, Expansion Region, Concord Space
A horrid, gray, and polluted world. How anyone could decide to live in a place like this was beyond her.
Halseth Stanwick had thought that when she had first been informed of her upcoming visit to Cyrillia, and that is what she had continued to think for the majority of her tour of her new assembly plant, on the planet's surface. If one could even call it that. Out of all of her corporate responsibilities, factory tours were ordinarily among her favorite. Getting the opportunity to actually see the fruits of her corporation's labor, and the sheer might of what she had accomplished in her comparatively short time alive. It was normally exhilarating, and to some extent, for this trip, it still had been. Asking a variety of questions surrounding the inner workings of their new state-of-the-art assembly lines, and the many uses that plastoid could be put to.
Yet worlds like this had a peculiar ability to dampen her mood in a way not many things could.
The lack of fresh air and water. The fact that one could hardly even see the sky as it was meant to be seen on most days. She admired the industrialist attitude of these Cyrillians, and the products that they had made as a result. But at what cost? Stripping other worlds, moons, and systems for resources was perfectly acceptable, how else was one meant to grow and expand, to destroy one's own home however? Well even she was put to a pause by such a concept. Perhaps-No, certainly due to her own upbringing and heritage.
Finishing the tour following a number of hours, Halseth shook hands with the plant director, a red-faced, larger man, who had been in the business for about as long as she had been alive. Thanking him personally for all of the hard work he had put into getting the plant operational in time for the deadline, she politely 'asked' for some time to herself, in the plant's administrative office. Where she could finally rest, and perhaps hydrate herself to some extent with the water bottles she had instructed be placed there in preparation for her end of the tour. Internally sighing a breath of relief as she saw the plant director, and the other yes men that followed, disappearing down the long, concrete corridor, and around the corner.

Turning where she stood, she stepped through the automated set of doors, and into the office. Where she saw perhaps the most surprising thing this year..

Taji Nelson

T
"Your security system is pitiful." said the armored individual. He was wearing a blue - gray - orange armor that completely covered his body from head to toe. Every part of the armor was made to take a beating, and keep going. The armor itself was heavily armed if the guns mounted on the shoulders were any indication of the level of firepower possessed by the suit he had on. He looked at her for a moment, and pointed a gauntlet of the suit at her. The gauntlets of the suit, like the rest of it were heavily armed. Suffice to say, the individual inside her office was very dangerous. He looked at her for a moment. "I wonder. Should I take you out, or should I not?" He asked her, but also himself. He needed to figure out if she was the kind of individual he should remove from the galaxy at large in order to make it a better place. So far, he hadn't found anything on her whatsoever that meant he should. She sold products that were ordinary - he'd purchased a few and examined them himself earlier. There had been nothing inside them that shouldn't be. No hidden bugs, no explosives, nothing out of the ordinary. This was why he had chosen to come to this place today. Having heard she was going to be here, he had decided to put her to the test personally. He had to be absolutely certain if he wanted to show her mercy or not.

"Hmm, let's see here." Taji said, as he looked her over for a moment. She would have no information on him whatsoever. He had plowed through her security system like a hurricane, demolishing the droids with a mix of Ion Weapons, and Force Lightning. He was clearly experienced, and if the armor he had on his person was any indication - loaded. What approach would she use on someone like him?

On the other side of her office, staring back at her, stood an imposing figure to say the least. A tall, battle-equipped suit of armor, that could easily have struck one as being of a military origin. Although, Halseth did not recognize it as belonging to any particular group, that she knew of at the very least.

The automated doors closed behind her, and with that, they officially became alone. Maintaining her composure in the face of such a potential threat, eyes skimming across the thoroughly defeated battle droids that littered the office floor, she decided on a course of action. Giving a polite smile to the man inside the suit of armor, she kept still, not moving any closer to him, or any further away, as to prevent an unintentional escalation. Instead, she remained quiet for a moment or two longer, internally surveying her options, before she spoke.

"Might I ask who you are?" She questioned, not imposing, suspicious, or irritated. Instead her voice taking on a lighter, softer tone. One that would convey innocence, and genuine curiosity, as her unique vocal chords started to stir, infiltrating every word she spoke, even now, albeit at a somewhat reduced level, as to ease the intruder into its effects. Holding her hands together, in-front of her, and resting on her tanned beige dress, her hazel eyes skimmed around the room now, before focusing on the man in the armored suit once more, awaiting his response.

Taji Nelson

T
He thought about her question, unaware of the ability she possessed. Eventually he decided under the influence of her vocal cords that he could tell her who he was. Well part of who he was. "Mr. N." He said, as he looked at her for a moment. This was all he would give her on his identity because he didn't want to deal with armies of battle droids trying to break into the Life Star, and kill him. His experiences on the world of Denon had been bad enough with Corpos. He was not about to encourage future stupidity if he could avoid doing so in the future. He had to admit, there was something about her voice that put him at ease. He couldn't identity what it was, he just knew there was something. He would have to study her so he could figure out what about her was helping to put him at ease. For now though, he continued locked onto her with a gauntlet of the suit. After all, should he need to shoot her, he would be able to do so within mere seconds. Even the flares of the suit were likely to do enough damage to take her out should the need arise.

"So Ms.Stanwick. " He started. "I am debating eliminating you, at present. So far, your technologies have come up clean of any components that would mean immediate elimination from me. But I am not entirely sold. Convince me that you should live."

He waited to see what approach she would use. He wouldn't really kill her, but she didn't know that. This was an attempt to scare her into revealing any actions of the company that the public shouldn't know about.

"Mr N. What a strange name." She replied, with a slight giggle, intentionally adding to the already present effect, and the image she was intending to present to the stranger. Names were always the easiest introductions, simple, and most don't think twice about giving them away to those they have just met. Although the lack of a real name did suggest to Halseth that perhaps she was dealing with an individual slightly more resistant to her voice than the average person, or perhaps that was his real name. You couldn't tell at times.

Listening to him speak, she processed what he desired for her to do, and was able to work out a rather apt description of who she may have been dealing with, standing across from her, a vigilante. How fascinating, she thought. Having had little chance in her time to influence one with such a moral compass, or inclination towards a perceived form of justice. Already, her mind was running amok with ideas as to best enthral such an individual, what form of influence could work on someone who apparently believed so strongly in what they was doing. Which in this case, appeared to be some form of corporate accountability.

"Well, of course they've come up clean. What did you expect to find? Bombs?" Another laugh, and with that laugh, came further subliminal additions from within. Reaching a hand up to brush some of her hair from her face, she coyly stared at whomever sat within this suit of armor. This Mr. N.

"We're a simple organization, Mr. N. What you see is what you get." With this, she looked down at her feet. "I only wish I could see who I was talking to. Its hard to have such an important conversation like this, wouldn't you agree?" Her first, underlying persuasion was launched.

Last edited:

Taji Nelson

T
"No, I would not. I find it best when someone is having these types of conversations that there be a layer of protection between the person with the gun, and the one they are talking to." Still, her laughs helped relax him to a small degree. As she coyly stared at him though, his right arm with one of his weapons on it lowered slightly. She could see her influence was working to a degree. The what you see is what you get remark though was something he hadn't expected. Truthfully he had been expecting bombs, or toxins, or other nasty surprises in their inventions. Really at some point he probably would have to seek therapy for the level of paranoia he had. This was neither here nor there, in his eyes though. "And yes. Bombs, Bio Toxins, Mind Control Devices, Hidden Blackmail, that sort of thing were exactly what I was expecting. So far though, you have come across as completely and totally clean." He for some reason was feeling the urge to take off his helmet, but he pushed down said urge and pummeled it with the mental equivalent to a sledge hammer as he was not doing that. After what he had experienced on the world Denon, he would never be unmasked again. It was one of the reasons he had traded in the domino style mask for something a bit harder to remove.

"If I lower the weapons of the suit, what are the chances there is going to be a swarm of guards headed through that door to shoot, maim, or attempt to slaughter me within the next 5 seconds?" Her methods to a degree were working, she could see. He'd need a bit more pressure though before he was willing to take off the helmet so she could look him in the face. He still had trust issues though, which could be worked around with the right amount of her voice and actions. Yet, what would be the proper way to handle someone like him? He was expecting violence from her.

A smile found itself on Halseth's expression as her first attempt at a subliminal directive fell through. Now, this was certainly interesting, and it was most definitely something unique, and curious, after the countless nameless faces she could easily control, and influence.

"Of course, of course." She agreed kindly, directing her new smile towards the man once again. "I absolutely understand why you would be feeling so unsafe in such a place." Her empathy would be expressed clearly towards the armored man, while she'd remain quiet for the rest of his tangent. Allowing him to speak without interruption, as to better understand his thought process, and feelings regarding the situation. He was paranoid to be sure, though of course she likely would be too if she was breaking into someone's office, in a facility full of security droids.

"I'm glad, we could put your mind at ease. Harming one's customers tends not to be a very sound business strategy in my book." She quipped, though as per the modus operandi, another, much more subtle directive was hidden within what would otherwise be a barely noteworthy comment.

Taking a step or two towards him, hands still where he could see them, and demeanour entirely relaxed, and without any stiffness, as not to show some kind of caution, or deceit. She gently replied to his suspicions, "I think you've shown yourself to be a reasonable person. And, from what I've heard of your intentions thus far, your heart is in the right place. I, personally am beginning to feel quite safe around such a man." She smiled, before continuing. "I believe if we all just remain calm. And don't cause trouble. We'll all be safe, and able to discuss the concerns you have about things. What do you think about that?" Another step forward.

Taji Nelson

T
This time, he relaxed a little due to the subtle directive that she had given. Of course, it could be the fact she had made no hostile moves towards him in the slightest. It was in truth, the latter. For he had expected hostile actions from her. As she had not done anything hostile, he was caught off guard. He was calm at present thanks to the fact that he was clad in a suit of armor while she was not. What was her end game though? He was unaware of that, and it bothered him. He let her take a step forward, as he didn't suspect her of anything at present, well anything that could hurt him. He tried to look her over so as to see if she had any weapons on her person. He really didn't want to get himself shot, after all.

He finally lowered the arms of the suit so they were no longer pointed at her. He was still on guard though, and could spring into action in seconds. This was the relaxation of a vigilante - not true relaxation mind you. He simply was allowing himself to slightly lower his guard just enough to where to anyone who walked in, they would appear to be having a normal conversation.
"Very well, we will play it your way. Try to signal a security guard, or call an in house Force User, or for a legion of clones, and we will have issues. " Taji stated, from the voice changers of the suit. "So, what do you want to talk about?"

He was still on guard, mind you. He was nowhere near relaxed enough to fully trust her.

Continuing to approach the armored man now, as she took notice of the subtle lowering of his guard. Her posture was relaxed, and her expression soft, as she made her approach. Taking a few steps at first, and then a few more. Never once making a sudden movement throughout them, and always taking care to be as slow, and as calculated as possible with how she closed the distance between the two of them. He was paranoid, and he was a vigilante. He was also armed, and had come to one of her factories, to confront her about her company's business dealings, and production. This was all kept in mind.

"I don't think we'll be needing any of that." She stated in response to his continuing suspicion of her motives, and her intentions. "Security is only needed in the event of trouble, and I don't think you'll be causing any trouble, will you?" She asked curiously, almost maternally, suggesting to the intruder, that no he would not be causing any trouble for this seemingly kind, and harmless lady.

Now only a few steps from the man, she recognized the signs of his furthering caution, knowing that perhaps he was still uneasy about her, and what she might do. She gave another one of her coy, suggestive looks, and slowly twirled herself around, showing her lack of weapons to the intruder. "See? I'm entirely unarmed. Unfortunately for myself, this dress doesn't have any pockets." She joked, with a quiet laugh. Taking the final steps towards him, and finally closing the distance almost entirely, now standing directly before him, she laid a single hand on the chest-piece of his armor.

"Such an impressive creation. Where did you get it from?" She asked curiously, her wide eyes, and slightly agape lips showing an almost childlike curiosity with the high-tech, and dastardly impressive suit of armor.

Last edited:

Taji Nelson

T
The coy - suggestive look she gave him caused an odd warmth to flood Taji's face, it becoming red like a tomato. What was this sensation, and how did he make it go away? This question came to the forefront of his mind, taking his focus off of his suspicion of her. For now, he wouldn't cause her any issues because of that thought, and her non hostile actions. She'd made no move to be any kind of threat to him, so he could allow her close. This was his thought on the matter, anyway that she had earned a bit of trust from him. "Built it myself." He said, not missing an opportunity to brag about the invention that he had made. "Unfortunately, it's not nearly as good as I would like it to be, as I've not been able to make it capable of remote operation. It needs work in other areas as well before it can be anywhere near mass produced like I'd like to do with it. "

The fact she had her hand on the chest of the armor - right above where his heart was was not lost on Taji. It in fact was one of the reasons he held still. After all, he was unsure what to make of her at present. She had been threatened, but had made no hostile actions in the slightest. Most people would make hostile actions when someone had shown up like he had. The Corpos of Denon had been one who had done hostile actions, and then some. Getting shot at had not been something he had particularly enjoyed. Yet, it had made more sense than her actions. Still, still, she was someone he hadn't expected to deal with in any fashion. She seemed like a truly honest person to him, and that was rare. Someone this rare deserved mercy in his eyes. He would allow her to continue whatever she was doing until such time as she posed a threat. At which point, he was wearing a very expensive suit of Powered Armor capable of performing massive amounts of damage to her should he need to do so.

"So," He started, as he looked at her. "How are you going to play this? What is your plan in this situation?"

Truthfully, part of him wanted her to kiss him on the lips. Yet, he wouldn't admit that to her as it would be a display of weakness. He had learned from his experiences on the world of Denon. One of the things he had learned was to never show your weaknesses to anyone but instead to push past your weaknesses and become stronger. In his particular case, he had pushed past a lot of his weaknesses. There were few people he would ever trust anymore. His family was included in some of the few, as was Xerek. He was not sure if she should be included in that very small list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom