Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Apprentice Among Lords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deimos had heard the stories of the tombs in Korriban. The acolytes liked to whisper all about how Naga Sadow still roamed the halls of his massive, maze-like tomb and devoured the souls of all that came inside. This should have been enough to deter Deimos from venturing forth in the tomb of one of the oldest known Sith, but what actually lied inside? An ancient holocron? Tomes of ancient knowledge? The saber of the Sith himself? Deimos couldn't resist as he cleared rubble out of the way on his way down.

'Holocrons. Glowing containers of Sith knowledge. Have to look out for those in particular. Perhaps if I uncover something amazing I may even be rewarded by one of the Lords. I have no duties nor missions today so nothing could go wrong if I am careful.'

The young Sith ventured deeper into the tomb passing by the many carvings of Naga Sadow and his exploits. The carvings radiated with the Dark Side, but he couldn't be deterred to meditate on such things so he continued on deeper into the caverns. The Dark Side was strong here and he knew it. As if the cavern itself was a well for the Force to bubble up from. Deimos could feel it on his skin, and on his mind, singing the dark whispers that promise power.

Deimos reached a Large door with what he assumed to be the door to his final resting place. Deimos could venture no further but he could meditate on The Dark Side right here, and attempt to learn more about the Force. At least before a Master has picked him as an apprentice.

Deimos gets onto his knees and synchronizes with the energies around him, allowing it to flow through him.

Deimos flips up seeing this new comer. It wasn't often that people just walked into these tombs like he himself did. Naga Sadow had to be calling to more then just him today.

"I am no tomb looter. I am Deimos, I am just exploring these tombs and meditating on their meanings."

His light saber was in his hand but unignited just in case this Vor'haash made a move, and even if he disabled his light saber he had counters. Good thing he's been working on his lightning.

"Ugh," murmured Darth Sidic as he awoke. He didn't know what time it was but he did know that something was calling out to him, luring him. Something in the Tomb of Naga Sadow. It had a powerful draw to it and upon feeling it he got up, got dressed and prepared to venture out into the Dark Lord's final resting place. He had been one of the most powerful Sith to have ever lived, he would have brought the Republic to it's knees if it had not been for his treacherous apprentice. His mind began to wander but not before long it felt a pain, shrieking out at him. Something was definitely in that tomb and whatever it was, it did not have time for Sidic's historical self-lectures.

He grumbled as he left the academy. It was, of course, on Korriban after all and Korriban held the key to Sith power. He was self-appointed guardian of the artefacts of the Sith so he had stationed himself there. The academy was still being built though, it was going to be grand upon completion yet it was not home to enough powerful items. He wished for it to be a museum to the students of the Dark Side as well as a place of great power for the Sith Lords. He wished to have ultimate control over it, he personally thought that having ancient objects would grant him greater power than any Sith ever to have lived.

He did not delay though, for fear of his head being mentally harmed. This was urgent and he would not let anyone but himself find it. If a tomb looter found it he would crush their very souls, if a rival found it he would murder him. Only an acolyte would have any hope at survival. Living would be getting off lightly. He wanted it. It could unlock more power, even a new part of Naga Sadow's tomb. It had traditionally been locked off but that may be about to change.

His mind kept wandering to dreams of glory and only the realization that he would have to find the artefact first kept him moving. He was completely absorbed, it had set him into almost a trance. He continued on, the rock of Korriban scorching his feet. Soon he made it to the tomb where he was certain his destiny awaited him...

Inside the tomb he began to sense an eerie presence growing ever stronger. Something was nearby, two people. One was another Sith, the other...

A Kaleesh?

On Korriban?

In the Tomb of one of the greatest Sith ever?

This would not stand. The Darth walked into the chamber where the two waited. He ignited his saberstaff and advanced. The Apprentice was expected to be there, all trying to become Sith would be searching for new discoveries. But someone infiltrating such a sacred tomb was an insult. An insult that would not be forgiven.

"Leave now, or I will make you leave." He warned in a demonic, haunting voice. He was not himself, he had an objective and he intended to complete it. This intruder would be dealt with swiftly and efficiently. He didn't care if the other Sith saw, all he cared about was getting rid of this pest in this sacred tomb.

Diemos quickly turned around at the sound of the voice. He expected another acolyte, or apprentice here to take his place at trying to open the door, but the Dark Lord himself? He wasn't expected here. Deimos wasn't entirely sure he had the permission to be here.

"My Lord? You are here? I wasn't entirely sure I was allowed here, I felt the call of Naga Sadow and I had to come down here."

This was worrying. The Lord had his saber ignited. Was this where he died? If Sidic came at him he would fight back. He had to. He wasn't ready to die today. Deimos's grip tightened on his saber a tad bit just in case. He knew he stood no chance but he was fast and his meditation gave him a little bit more control over The Force. He could resist if he was pulled around but not much.

The tremendous stone door that Deimos had earlier gazed upon slowly opened. A loud, grating sound of granite against granite echoed throughout the nearby chambers. They folded out toward Deimos and the gathering group, and towered well above them all as they extended all the way to a high, vaulted ceiling. A faint violet mist oozed forth from beyond the portal.

Emerging from the door was Darth Apparatus, with his face hidden by both a hood and crimson mask. The cape of his pitch black cloak was drawn back. This revealed dark charcoal armor as well as a red, pyramidal holocron in his right hand. His head turned to Deimos, Darth Sidic, and Vor'Haash each in that order. Then, the Darth lifted his left hand up and around in order to cover his body with the robes - and thus concealing the holocron.

The two Sith that had already been in the chamber could clearly feel an ever present anger from the Darth. The lack of facial expression from the Darth would leave whether or not this was his natural state somewhat unknown, for the time.

Twisting his head back toward Sidic, Darth Apparatus then said to him, "C͏on̡t́įnu̸e."

Still standing at the opening, Darth Apparatus awaited for Sidic to act.

Darth Sidic fought a battle in his mind, attempting to regain control of his body. Something had been seizing him but he had subdued it, at least for now. There was something alive in these tombs. No, something almost alive. It was an unusual truth but Darth Sidic had decided that the most reasonable option was that a ghost was haunting the tombs. He had encountered such things before in his life but this one had an unusual drag to it. He would investigate it. But that would have to wait, no matter how interesting the search may be he had to deal with this intruder.

He mentally looked at the potential weaknesses of his opponent. He had a sword which he was sure wouldn't hold out if it was hit by a strong lightsaber swing. He would break the defence of the Kaleesh down in true Juyo style, using his rage to ensure that every blow was meaningful, effective and powerful. He despised those who entered his tombs, they were places of learning and power, not to be taken lightly and not to be invaded.

He then leapt at Vor'Haash Zarten before twirling his red lightsaber towards his chest. he then executed and opening flurry of attacks, striking around his chest and legs before finishing his sequence with a Force Push that he planned to slam him against the wall, helpless before the Sith could torture him. This would be a great day for him, it was time for another test of power. He would prove himself in the eyes of his predecessors, and what better place to show his strength than on Korriban, in the Tomb of Naga Sadow, where the Dark Side was strongest.

But he kept one of his flaming yellow eyes on the other two Dark Side practitioners. They may see and opportunity to betray him and because of his suspicion he channelled his mind into sending a brief message through the Force to Deimos. It was broken but he was certain that it would reach him. He could not afford to send a perfect one as he was in the middle of combat. Although it was crude it would do it's job although poorly:
"Deimos, watch back and if see the Darth threaten attack me then stop him. You be rewarded with Master."

There was an uneasy feeling inside him. He felt like the Darth was testing the ruthlessness of Sidic. He would show him. This may be a test, but at least he knew that he would be able to spread fear into a rival... or ally if he performed well enough. He would kill two birds with one stone, the other Sith would marvel at their other's skill and know that to challenge Sidic was to die. The masked Sith was seemingly expressionless like a machine. Maybe it was just the mask but he seemed to be almost... almost... robotic. But don't Sith draw on emotion? This was confusing and something that Sidic could not delve into, he would have to focus on the task at hand. Killing a vermin in a precious sanctuary...

Deimos turned to the sound of the door opening. He immediately noticed the holocron that Apparatus quickly hid but made no mention of it. It wasn't his place to speak out against a Lord with no back up of his own. Deimos had much potential but he didn't have the raw power needed to just take the Holocron from him.

Deimos witnessed Sidic attack the Kaleesh with no semblance of mercy in his attacks. The Kaleesh stood no chance. Such was the punishment for intruders in these tombs. Deimos could feel the call again guiding him up into the violet mist but he recieves the message from Sidic first.

Just watch Apparatus and he would recieve formal training from a Sith Lord? It seemed too good to be true and knowing the treachorous ways of the Sith he kept his guard up with one of his sabers in hand and unignited and another on the underside of his wrist and out of sight of Apparatus in case he made a move.

Sidic retracted his lightsaber after the skirmish. He did not look at the Kaleesh, instead turning his attention to the Sith Pureblood who had been watching the other Darth in the tomb. He wanted to have a private conversation with Deimos and as he had the power over the tombs he would send the Darth away before he continued on his journey to the artefact. It had a pull to it but currently he was much more interested in the Apprentice, who seemed to be having some form of vision. Were they connected? He pondered that thought for a while, considering whether or not to take him along on the journey. Maybe they were both having the same form of vision, it was possible that the something in the tomb wanted both of them. Meditating on the Dark Side and focusing on the source would certainly be a good place to begin and would give a little more insight into whatever it was that was drawing him closer. First he would have to secure the area and that meant sending Darth Apparatus away without offending him. A split in the Sith was not desired at this stage.

"I think you've got what you want, Darth Apparatus. Would you mind investigating the Tomb of Ajunta Pall for me? If there are more like this Kaleesh they may be spread throughout all the tombs." He ordered in as nice a tone as he could manage. The idea was believable after all. It was unlikely that the Kaleesh had mounted an expedition on his own and he wanted them to be eradicated once and for all anyway. Crushing the tomb looters was a high priority after this incident, it had shown to him that they were a very real threat. Of course the main reason for sending the other Darth away was to ensure the search for this power was hidden and confidential. It would be killing two birds with one stone, at least he hoped. There was no reason to refuse his order, Ajunta Pall was another of the powerful Sith, even being worshipped by the Pureblooded Kissai.

He maintained a calm expression on his face despite the great power he was sensing. It called to him but... there was something more. Something that was not an artefact but organic. Maybe he was meant to bring the Pureblood Deimos with him. He was obviously competent in the Dark Side already and he had untapped potential. He was a promising young Sith who could definitely be useful on the expedition to the deeper section of the tomb. But there was something more to him, the Force appeared to be orchestrating something but currently Darth Sidic was clueless as to what. Something was going to happen here in this tomb. Something that he expected to play out before his very own eyes. Something that he would keep away from everyone else...

Deimos looked down at the form of the Kaleesh that had been utterly defeated lying on the ground barely breathing. He wondered whether or not the Kaleesh this tomb would be home to the spirit of this Kaleesh. It was none of his concern however why he was here, or what he was doing. He was an intruder, and intruders do not live when caught. However there are rare times when the force sensitive ones get turned into brain washed cyborgs but he has never been there for the conversion of one.

It didn't take very long but the call inside the tomb came back stronger then before. It was like something was physically pulling him, as if the Force itself was shifting to call Deimos up into the mist. Deimos however resisted for now. His first priority was to the safety of the Lord who requested his services. So he cleared his mind and paid attention to Darth Sidic and wondered if he would make good on his promise to make him his apprentice, or whether with his usefulness to the Darth through would he receive the blade next?

Blood began to boil beneath the skin of Darth Apparatus as he watched Sidic fought the Khaleesh. The Sith within the vicinity would have been able to clearly feel this steady growth in the Darth's rage. When the fight ended, it ceased to increase as it had.

The moment Sidic opened his mouth to speak, Darth Apparatus's head jerked to face him. Sidic did not even finish his request before Darth Apparatus replied.

"Ǹ̸o͜.̢"

The Darth continued to stand in the middle of the doorway that lead further within the temple. His cloak continued to cover his entire body from should to toe, and his hood still draped a shadow over his crimson mask. Not a muscle more than necessary twitched as the Darth panned his head toward Deimos, then back to Sidic.

"C͏àn̶ ͝this ̀cr͞ea͠t̸ure͢ even̡ fi͞n̛d wh̕at͜ i͞t l͟o̴o͠kś ̢fo͏r̨?" asked the Darth, with a certain hunger within his aura beginning to surface. He did not bother to explain what he meant.

Darth Sidic had little patience for his fellow Darth's games. He didn't understand the trick by Apparatus or if it was even a trick but in any circumstance he didn't care. It wasn't important, what was important was getting rid of him and now Sidic was prepared to use force. He couldn't guarantee his own victory but he was arrogant enough, powerful enough to challenge anybody. He was not yet prepared for a fight and he didn't want it to become a major problem if it came to violence, he had to tread lightly right now. He didn't have enough power to hold the Sith together whilst infighting ruled. He would one day attempt to remedy this problem like Darth Bane had once done. Not now though.

"I am telling you to go to any tomb and hunt out any remaining tomb looters. You could pick up some artefacts along the way. And if you are really insistent on staying in this particular tomb then can you please leave me and explore elsewhere. I do not have time to play your little games right now." He said with a stern, serious tone in his voice. Why wouldn't Darth Apparatus leave?

After Sidic continued to suggest that the Darth checked the other tombs, Darth Apparatus glanced upwards toward the ceiling. He held that pose for several seconds. Then, he glared back at Sidic.

"I'͡m ́įnt̢er̛e̶s̸ted̀ i̴n̸ ̢w̨h̨at y̶o͝u͏ ̧w̡a̶nt́," spoke the Darth.

Then, Darth Apparatus turned toward the room behind the giant doorway he stood between. One eye still peered toward Sidic and Deimos.

"I ̸a͡m͏ ͏to̶ le͝av̵e,̕ ͟y͠e̕t̀ not҉ the̶ c͠ŕeature," continued the Darth, "Su͢c͟h̶ ͢a̴ r̶e͠q̸u͏est̷ i͠s ̵défi̸nitelỳ i͘n̨trįgu͟i̧n͘g."

As he stepped into the mist filled chamber, the doors began to slowly close. No hand of the Darth seemed to touch them.

"D̡o͞ ͠as yo͡u wis̀h,̕" stated the Darth, "Ju̴s͟t ͏r̢em̢e͜mbe͜r̨ whát͏ ͜it̸ ҉is͠ t̀o ̀b̢e̵ S̵i̡t͠h."

Once he said that, the doors closed behind Darth Apparatus. Whenever Deimos and Sidic managed to enter that chamber, they would have been unable to find the Darth in the dark side saturated enclosure. Thus, they would have been free to continue at their leisure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom