Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Air of Certainty

Moving across the stars, the starship Vingilot rocked and swayed; putting those tired bodies asleep. The time was late, though outside the cruiser's windows, only darkness crept in. As the hours ticked by, the feeling of weariness invaded Mikilanna's body and mind. She was exhausted, near stages of collapse but her mind refused to give in. There was something here: tugging, pulling, calling to her. The Force was strong here among so many, and yet she felt overwhelmed. She wasn't perfect, and that was a character flaw she despised about herself.

Mikilanna was a perfectionist, or so she believed, which trickled down to self criticism. Her Father preached religiously that perfection didn't define a person, but it was their choices that ultimately shaped them. Mikilanna has always loved her Father, respected him above all; but she couldn't drag herself to believe this line of thinking. Without perfection, one was a failure, right? And choices, how can a choice define you, or as her Father preached; shape you?

Mulling her Father's words and her own thoughts over and over as she walked, Mikilanna stumbled upon a true Jedi cross-legged in the ship's cafeteria. Why, Mikilanna thought, would someone choose this loud place to meditate. On the best of days, she barely can stand the clinking and clanking of annoying sounds reverberating from the crowds that feasted here; and yet here was a Jedi sitting calm and in peace as the droids bustled about cleaning the area in the late hours.

Feeling guilty for stumbling upon the Jedi's moment, Mikilanna began back-stepping out of the eatery saying quietly, "Forgive me, Master Jedi. I didn't mean to intrude."

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

What am I hungry for. Hmm.. Kahlil may of sat in a meditative stance, but he was doing anything but. There was nothing like sitting as a Jedi in deep contemplation to give him the space he needed to collect his thoughts in such a loud place. Not even his various padawans would bother him if they thought he was contemplating some hot topic issue. Though even that fool proof defense wouldn't last forever.

It immediately caught his attention as [member="Mikilanna Mihaly"] began to apologize and leave. Crap. What was he suppose to do? He was faking his mediation, but if he outed that his padawans would start to tease and taunt him about it. So, he did the only logical thing he could think of. He opened his eyes, looked right to the shifter, and smiled. "You're not intruding. In fact, I was waiting for you. The Force whispered that you and I would meet." Complete BS, or was it? He hadn't even been thinking about what he was saying, but it made sense.

Maybe the Force was actually guiding this. "You hungry? I'm in the mood for sushi."

Mikilanna allowed a small smile to brush her face when the Jedi spoke of the Force and this chance meeting. There was much she did not understand about this mysterious Force, outside her ability to move objects with her mind. And even that, she hated to admit, took incredible effort on her part. The word potential seemed to be attached her, but what that entailed she was unsure. However, if she was meant to be strong with the Force then destiny, another seemingly unsure word tossed in her direction, had brought her to the right place. And the right person.

Prior entering the cafeteria, she wasn't hungry. The now sweet smelling sensations flooding her sense of smell, a victory to the chef preparing the food, stirred a rumble in her belly. "Hungry," she said, feeling near famished even as she spoke the word, "Strangely I am."

"But what is sushi?"

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

"Raw fish wrapped in rice and seaweed. Delicious, despite how it might sound." Good. His distraction with food was working. Truth be told, he had no idea who [member="Mikilanna Mihaly"] was and the Force certainly hadn't done anything to help him with that. Though, what exactly was she? Not a Cathar, too human. But not human either. Was she a half breed of some kind? Or a whole different species he hadn't encountered before?

"I'm Kahlil, by the way." He extended a hand to shake, smiling. "Good to meet you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom