Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Amulet Creation

Pom takes seriously her part in the responsibility to advance the knowledge of the younger generation. It means a lot to her that the youth learn useful skills from the elders, find ample time to practice and receive every opportunity to develop into their power. With her own son new to the world, she wants to be assured that if something happens to her, there will be others who step up to the responsibility to guide and teach him. No Magick should die out, especially those most unique, with its originator.

It was since the death of little Elimond, this typical misandrist found her heart softened towards all youth. Furthermore she would not permit any old schoolmarm to stigmatize her own son, but he would be offered all that she can muster to provide him, her precious boy gently rocked within the caring embrace of Pom's Mother for the moment in the adjacent room.

" Rach'ta Rach'ta you need to figure out what your personal symbol is. Do not stress, for it shall change over time as you evolve. But there are ancient runes, marks of magical significance that speak to each of us more today than others. They speak to us all if for only a season, and they remain our calling card during a time. The sacred symbols are magical in themselves. They fortify our power." Pom lifted a crystal wand from her stone mantle over the hearth of her study, and she waved a hand and the ancient symbols scrawled about the room, written with fire suspended in the air. So began his private lesson.

"This here, scrounges up courage for the bearer," she stated pointing to one before her, thinking the child might be partial to it, while knowing full well some he shall have absolutely no interest in as of yet, such as symbols for increased fertility, or recognition and acceptance by a love interest. "Here is strength," and so she continued. Most children do feel themselves drawn to one, but… "Some feel attracted to a symbol just by looking at it, representing a hidden weakness, and also one which represents their strengths to greatly enhance what already exists within the recesses of the mind. Which are calling you?"

She remained silent so he could examine them and make his choice.

Looked at the symbols pensively through the veil then pointed at Courage "Power comes with the courage to push the boundaries of what is known. Strength is meaningless without the mentality to make use of it." he had been thinking about this as both an exercise in introspection and that of setting a compass for his learning "As was the greatest virtues of the Dark Lords. Lord Naga Sadow's boldness brought about unity in an otherwise chaotic power struggle when venerable Lord Ragnos left his body behind." Rach'ta looked away from the symbol to Pom "Lord Exar Kun was bold and decisive as well. Both lacked the additional strength of Lord Ragnos which is why they failed to reach his pinnacle. Strength without Courage is pointless, though Courage without Strength is futile." he concluded.

Rach'ta was not a Sith nor was he ever an apprentice to one. Having been raised by a cult however did seem to impart a particularly intimate understanding of long dead, ancient, Dark Lords of the Sith. The Twi'lek put his hands on his hips and looked again to Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé from the ceiling "I hope my response has pleased you, if not I will learn from my mistakes and attempt to match your expectations in the future."

The inspiration was not long to develop within the young man, and he rationalized his selection and their purpose aloud. He seemed eager to please. The Nightsister smiled upon the realization. Most who got this far in their connections with the Nightsisters were not fools; typically they were weeded out before the strike of their first hour on Dathomir. She admired him for his cordial show of respect. She found many youth to be so very deep into tech, that they often did not evolve a solid interest in the proven usefulness of the ancient arts. So many had left Dathomir in search of new things, strange ideologies and weaponry. Pom had been one of them as well for a time; and while she appreciated the cultural experience, she didn't love her new life. Pom would be more than eager to rid her domicile of such ignorance as outsiders bring to Dathomir, as would any other learned witch found residing here. The animal life alone seems to be adequate enough to thinning them out long before the Nightsisters have to deal with their obvious ignorance. The Craft chooses the learner; not the learner chooses his Craft. She is happy with her current selection of students. The worst to cross her path made it onto the menu of the wild beasts. That any are alive to return another day, she knows she has done well, her job as their teacher.

"There is no wrong answer, Rach'ta Rach'ta . Even if you were to feel you chose wrongly, or to flat out lie, all you declare at this moment is as it should be."

Pom stood and focussed on the Initiate for a moment. She cocked her head to the side slightly as her demons spoke to her regarding him. Another rune burned brightly and moved to hang above his head. "I give you the blessing of Analytics," she said. "Does this also speak to you?"

Pom waved her crystal wand and only the three selected etching of fire remained hanging in the air.

Rach'ta looked up for a moment then back to the Elder "It does. Thank you." he put his hands on his hips and in a relaxed manner spoke "The nature of these gylphs are foreign to me, Elder, though there had been symbols in the Valley of the Dark Lords which spoke of virtues. What would become the Sith Code or Creed. Power, Strength, Passion, the Force, and so on. In time I hope that you may impart some more knowledge, to me, of the symbology in the Dathomir tradition." the Twi'lek nodded confidently "I'm eager to continue the process of today's lesson, Elder."

Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé

"Many symbols of old seem to take on a special meaning, more than stringing out letters together to make a series of sounds. The symbols themselves stood for something, and no matter what language the people spoke, the understanding of their meaning have always been universally understood. Some people today warp those ancient meanings. Claim this symbol is bad because bad people once took something as their call sign. But the meaning originally stems to speak from a greater collective consciousness. We are meant to see them, and they are supposed to speak to our soul like we have known what they inspired from us all along."

The Mistress placed an aluminum slug into Rach'ta Rach'ta 's palm. "You rub on that with your thumb, and concentrate on those symbols for a while."

Pom gathered a few Potion Ingredients from the dark corner of the room. "Potions may not be not easy. They are quite painstakingly labour intensive. Amulet creation however, is probably the easiest thing you will ever do with a Potion," she admitted. She had been creating her own Amulets since she was very young. Perhaps the involvement of Potions is why she is the go-to Witch for them. Pom loves to keep busy, and she loves to build upon her private arsenal!

She held three crystals in her hand and reached up in the air towards the lingering symbols of fire. The symbols began to burn from within the crystals now, causing them a vibrant glow. Pom tossed them into the boiling cauldron.

She next prepared the ingredients and added them one by one, her movements very rapid and assured. "Watch what happens to the brew,"she said. The fiery light aglow within the crystals illuminated rays of colored light from the cauldron, which changed with every added ingredient. The brew crackled as she progressed it. The aroma may be intense, but to her it is simply the way of life.

Rach'ta took the metal object in both hands and peered down at it while the Elder went off to a different section of the room. Rub this with his thumbs? He skeptically began to rub this digits over the metal object while pondering on the symbols that he had been tasked with by the Elder. When she spoke to him he remained focus on the object in hand but still heard her words.

The young Witch looked towards Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé and her brew near the cauldron. The shifting lights and appearance of her brew and crystals was like anything he had ever seen in the tombs of Korriban. They were oft dark, sinister, and full of power. This was something that seemed far more benign and willing. Then the Twi'lek was hit by the scent of the mixing potion which caused him to recoil but he did not verbally complain.

"Potions and Amulets, I see a connection to Sith Alchemy. Is there any or am I seeing shadows where there are none, Elder?" Rach'ta walked closer to her with the metal object still being caressed by his fingers firmly. He was determined to learn and follow through with this excerise even if he did not understand it.

"I am only familiar with the techniques which have been introduced to me. I do admit I am curious of my dark-rooted brothers, and I have studied under one most adept in the CIS faction." When she had met Darth Metus she was uncertain exactly how she felt about his particular degree of darkness. So much ability left to the means of the Will of Darkness alone, represents a force hunted down across the galaxy. Pom personally, knew many people from different walks of life across the galaxy. She focused on understanding them and their very contrasting beliefs, even when she disagrees with them. She runs from the Light, while the Darkness the Sith teach, still mystifies her to this day! Due to her innate nature, she often wondered if such a curiosity might someday get the best of her and lead to her undoing as she witnessed of so many who have come before. Her theory supported, especially in that her mind could still cast over her physical vision, as if burned into her retinas, the very sinister expression of Emperor Carnifex when he spoke to her and caused the hairs to stand along her neck! He had to know her ways enough to understand the very expression she would render during times of bloodlust.

'Breathe...
And we're back.'

"Perhaps you should decide Rach'ta Rach'ta whose footsteps you desire to walk in, for our paths are very different, even though on the outside the Nightsisters do seem enjoined to the same darkness as the Sith. It may very well be all in the manner of personality and personal choice to acknowledge the powers that be as the Dathomiri, or entirely take pride in one's self as the Sith men do seem to carry themselves." She voiced her typical and currently unwarranted stereotypical misandrist views.

She let the Potion work its own magick as it began as flawless as usual.

Last edited:
Rach'ta looked Pom Stych Tivé Pom Stych Tivé over wordlessly then replied "Not once have I contradicted your teachings, Elder, and my being here is of my own accord after your gracious invitation. Should I have sought out the path of the Sith I would have stayed on Bastion or returned to Korriban. Until recently I have only ever known the life below the pinnacles of the tombs in the Valley of the Dark Lords, it is one of the few things I can compare any of my questions or answers. I do not wish to learn Sith Alchemy nor Sith Sorcery, what I want is to learn this facet of the Force. However if you believe that this is a path I cannot walk then I will not seek to waste your time." The Initiate stopped rubbing the metal object and focused his entire attention on the Nightsister as he seemed offended by the implications of her suggestions.

“Well mostly no one has ever asked me about Sith abilities before. I cannot say what would be any one individual’s strength. While I wouldn’t even be able to say that the particular Art is not for myself, only you can choose for yourself. I think it wise to learn all you can about all aspects of the Force and Magick, in order to be the best you can, and if any particular ability is not perhaps your strong point, as not everything is for everyone, at least know enough to understand what others do about that one thing. You never know who is tomorrow’s enemy. Surprise is a tactic that can throw anyone off guard long enough to suffer a fatal wound, so learning is wise.” What else could she say, her baby daddy be Sith and he forgets what he ought value most from time to time, and he puts her in a mood when she hears the word Sith! She could just spit! Then sit back and watch her man’s foot fall right off. An angry woman is one force to be reckoned with, but a Nightsister is just far more tempestuous!

She rose a brow to contemplate his feelings having not much idea what she might have said to cause Rach'ta Rach'ta disapproval. But it’s been one of those days for sure!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom