Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Amends

deorX00.png

g8XDkHQ.png

Krieg
Sons of Mandalore Space
New Imperial Order

qKprTT1.png

The last time the Munin patriarch saw his stepdaughter was at a gathering amongst Mandalorians, all those present making a blood oath in their new direction as a people. All of them vowed to reclaim their homeland and usher a new dawn to their people, free from the chains of the Sith and reclaiming back their destiny. Their pikes sharpen for the heads of Sith disciples to adorn them. Yet at that same gathering Vilaz and Meshla did not utter a word to each other, nor when they were present at a raid on some unconventional space station in Sith space. One that was near a black hole and was able to absorb the power of the astronomical object for the damnations of the Sith. Again, their presence was known to each other, but they did not greet one another. Vilaz quite understood why the two did not speak, something that also affected his beloved wife and children.

She was mad, angry at the death of her only child and placed the blame on him and to an extent his wife. She felt they both had something to do with the death of her young one when the Sith conquered Mandalore and other Mandalorian colonies nearby. Involuntarily that is. Briika was sadden with these events that furthered apart her relationship with her firstborn daughter, and Vilaz made his attempts in distracting her from that grief although it was him why Bree was part of the blame. While not her father, he did develop a relationship with her before the loss of Valen. A mentor to her, teaching her enhanced styles of combat in close quarters. Other skills and knowledge he passed down to her, knowing they would serve her well on her path in this life.

But now it was time to put their grief and resentment behind them. Like battle wounds they would be scarred, yet they must continue on. All for the sake of their own wellbeing.

On the cold hemisphere of Krieg, where many Mandalorians reside, the Munin walked towards a homestead meant to endure the eternal insufferable cold of Krieg. The heat was more tolerable than these tundra. Were it not for the technology they possessed, there wouldn't have been a population in these particular lands. No doubt the reason why she chose this frozen hell was to be away from him and his family, but she could not continue like this.

"Meshla!" he said out loud with a knock on her door. "Open the door," perhaps a bit too demanding, but his temperature regulator in his armor could do so much before his bones felt the warmth. "Let's talk, nothing wrong with that yeah?"

Don't.call.me.beautiful. (retired)

ZRegUFY.jpg

Krieg
On the edge of the Nachtlandir Region

HEAD_ABOVE_WATER

Go0LvEH.jpg

A few weeks prior...

Meshla tried to get to him, but she couldn't get there fast enough before the NIO's 'under the radar' training base on the Expansion Region planet of Yinchorr located in the neutral territory between the two 'allied' factions exploded. She had gotten caught up in the subsequent secondary blast wave; her body being battered with shrapnel. The last thing the blue-armored Mando remembered seeing before she blacked out was Amon Vizsla being taken away by GA soldiers who had attacked them, primarily by the Jedi named Treicolt he'd been fighting during the ensuing skirmish. Amon was now a POW... or so she thought.

As soon as the Detta was well enough, she tried to gather support and plan a rescue attempt to get back her lover but rumors that had surfaced in the meantime sadly became fact... The Vizsla had defected. He not only betrayed the Sons of Mandalore to whom the ner vod had taken a blood oath with on Vinsoth but her as well in more ways than one.

Everything the two of them had been through together, all the things they had shared and said to one another over the past several months during intimate moments obviously didn't mean a damn thing to him. Amon was a coward and traitor. There were no other words for his choice in her eyes. And with that, the Vizsla was now dead to the Detta. Any feelings of love and admiration Meshla had ever felt towards the man were replaced by hate and disgust. Meshla would not make the mistake of opening her heart again. This wasn't the only time the weaker sex had let her down.
___​

The small homestead Meshla had taken over in the unforgiving cold of the tundra area of the Mandalorian world, which was within the New Imperial Order's borders, didn't bother her one bit. In fact, she preferred it to the temperate humidity of the main encampment in the primary Ring region of Krieg where she and Amon had resided together... before. Here in isolation, Meshla would fight her personal demons by herself. If she won, then it would make her only stronger. If lost, well who would care, right? No clan, no family, no loved one... she was alone.

After doing some ice fishing, Meshla returned with the catch of the day to find someone milling outside the homestead. In fact, that someone was none other than her stepfather; the Alor of Clan Munin's beskar'gam unmistakable even with all the frost on it. A smirk grew on her lips hidden behind the ice-cold silver T-visor as Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin shivered in the chilliness while shouting her name and pounding on the door to open up, rather demanding like too. Who was he to boss her around?

Meshla could just retreat and let him freeze to death standing there or even shoot him to put the man out of his misery... or was that hers, but Mesh's stomach growled which made her mind up to converse with her mother's husband as a pot of snow rabbit stew was cooking inside on the fire had her mouth-watering all morning thinking about it.

<"What's wrong with you, Munin. The cold too much for your ol' bones you let me walk right up on you or you just getting old?" Mesh jabbed with a hint of humor or was it. Just then, a gust of arctic air buffered them with a whiteout following it.

<"Well hell... Looks like a squawl is blowing in, figures?! Guess I have to be hospitable then. Best come inside so we can talk as you say.">

Meshla kicked her boots against the thick door jab ridding any caked snow off of them, then opened the homestead's door.

2DVgDqT.jpg

Once inside, the glow of a firepit lit the open room. To the left was a living area with a long table to work on or eat at. To the immediate right was a sleeping area with a couple of beds; one big and another that was a bunk as if perhaps a family had lived there before. There were two chairs set out near the fire too. It was quite cozy, homey actually.

She dropped the now frozen fish into a tub on the stone floor, then took off a fur cape worn over her Mandalorian suit of armor and hung it on a wall hook. She removed her helmet and placed it on a shelf nearby, smoothing over her golden crown of braids with a gloved hand. The Detta walked over to the pot on the fire and lifted the lid to check on the status of the stew. The aroma filled the small space. Meshla was definitely her mother's daughter when it came to cooking. The blonde gave the mixture a good stir, then put the lid back on and turned around with arms crossed over her chest to face the Concordian whom she blamed for the death of her young son; his grandson by marriage.

<"So Vilaz... What do I owe the pleasure of your presence?"> Now that was the understatement of the year. <"I doubt you came all this way just to get a good meal... Unless ner buir finally threw you out,"> she quipped dryly with a small chuckle finding that last statement rather funny as he'd been sent to the dog house a time or two that Mesh knew of over the years for various things... Briika indeed wore the pants in that relationship as they say.

Last edited:

deorX00.png

g8XDkHQ.png

Krieg
Sons of Mandalore Space
New Imperial Order

qKprTT1.png

Looks like it was a good idea to arrive at this time and nothing too earlier as the woman was hunting, evident by the fish in her hand. Fishing, hunting, it was the same to him. The end product was killing an animal for consumption purposes, or to use its hide as clothing for warmth. If he came later, he’d probably disturb her serenity in whatever meal she prepared today.

Her jibes didn’t bother him, at his age and the life he led lots of things from someone’s mouth was something he shrugged off. Perhaps in his younger years he’d engage, the days when one thought themselves invincible and mightier than most. Nowadays? He could recognize a threat and what was just bark. If someone told him they’d attack his family and clan with no reason, he’d scoff at them. If they wanted to, they wouldn’t have told him. No, he preferred to carry silence and let his actions speak up for him. If he wanted someone dead, he’d do it without telling them. He couldn’t really understand the principle of threatening someone before attacking them.

Very regressive if you’d ask Vilaz.

Meshla’s home was very modest, as were much Mandalorian homesteads. They didn’t need useless material unlike foreigners, especially those from a “modern” society. All they needed were clothes, a bed, tapestries of their culture and heritage, and other basic necessities. Of course, depending the climate some adjustments needed to make like in this frozen “wonderland”.

“If your mother threw me out, this wouldn’t be first on my list I can assure you that,” he met her quips with his own, although his tone was more serious and dry, hardly any humor to be detected. He got it; she was furious still from these months, still mourning for her only son. He understood that, but it tired him to see her with still being unfriendly towards him. It didn’t affected him as it drained his wife to not be able to have that familiar bond with her firstborn. At first he attempted to make amends in a pacifist manner. He digested all the vile Meshla lashed out at him, some of it even directed to Bree leaving the Munin matriarch in anguish, sometimes isolating herself from Vilaz. But now? Well, it was like a broken record playing the same verse, not wanting to get on with the next set of lyrics.

“I heard about what happened on Yinchorr, how was the fight?”

About the only topic he could think of to have some dialogue with the Detta. See where that took him.

Don't.call.me.beautiful. (retired)

Go0LvEH.jpg

"I didn't think so, but I mean ya never know. Stranger things have happened," Meshla answered with a bit of continued snark laced at the edges, motioning for the Concordian to take a seat near the fire to warm up after his journey in the frigid cold of the north.

She realized her foul mood was getting old as two bowls and eating utensils were gathered from an open cupboard along with a couple of slices of haarshun bread reconstituted earlier, but the Detta just couldn't help herself. Her usual good-natured filter was missing ever since she'd lost her child. Though, there had been a period of time where it had improved with the help of another... but that betrayal had led her right back to where the melancholy was before seemingly deeper and darker this time. Hence, the isolation she'd chosen for herself in this unforgiving part of Krieg.

The blonde stooped over the pot of tingilar that had been cooking on the fire and scooped up a hearty ladle full, filling one bowl. She passed the spicy Mandalorian stew over to her stepfather with the bread, then started to do the same for herself...

“I heard about what happened on Yinchorr, how was the fight?”

Course the question Vilaz Munin Vilaz Munin asked of his stepdaughter triggered her and caused the ladle to plop the blend of rabbit meat and vegetables into the bowl with a little more force than it should have, inevitably spilling some of the steaming gravy onto her fingers. An unladylike curse left her lips before wiping the spillage off on a cloth used to take the hot lid off the stew pot.

"It was the usual cluster Force users bring to the mix, nothing I couldn't handle though," Meshla replied a bit defensively as she sat down in the other chair that faced the firepit with her food. "Why? What did you hear?"

Last edited:

deorX00.png

g8XDkHQ.png

Krieg
Sons of Mandalore Space
New Imperial Order

qKprTT1.png

"I didn't think so, but I mean ya never know. Stranger things have happened,"

“You can say that again,” he said as he sat down at the gestured chair Meshla offered to him. Stranger things indeed have happened in his life and across the stars of the Galaxy. When a Sith Lord could resurrect themselves from the dead five times, then there was sure to be a weird Galaxy to live in. The strangest thing he had ever experienced was when Mandalore erupted, causing a cataclysm at every corner of Mandalore. A strange, tragic experience he had to encounter.

“Thank you,” as he received his bowl of tingilar along with a slice of bread, blowing at the soup to cool down in order for him to enjoy it without burning his tongue. No doubt Meshla would smirk and laugh at that.

"It was the usual cluster Force users bring to the mix, nothing I couldn't handle though," "Why? What did you hear?"

“When we first heard of the attack by the Alliance dogs, your mother and I were worried. We didn’t think the Alliance would launch an attack, they had no reason to. Now they’ve shown their true colors to us.” He knew that Meshla, like her mother, would be a bit annoyed to know that her safety was worried by her mother and stepfather. Except, in this situation, she would probably be pissed off about it. Probably say another jibe or foul comment.

“But I knew you’d fight well, you’ve always had,” he did, after all, enhanced her training and skills back when they were a joyful family.

“I saw you near someone at that meeting we had, a friend of yours?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom