Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Alpha Series: Capitol Class Drone Control Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
fms468.jpg

Image Source: Here
Intent: (an A.I. Brain for the Capitol ship it's installed in, and a projector to project that A.I. to nearby drones)
Development Thread: Here (2k-ish words)
Manufacturer: Aurora Industries
Model: Alpha Series: Capitol Class DCD
Affiliation: Aurora Industries / Galactic Republic.
Modularity: The A.I. can be upgraded.
Production: Limited
Material: Alusteel / Plasteel Shell. A.I. components, quantum computer components.
Description: The Alpha Series Capitol class DCD, is a device much like its predecessor, and has many of the same functions. This DCD links to the communications array and the central computer of ships which are Corvette Class or higher in size. The DCD itself provides two primary functions, the first, is to give the ship that it is configured with, a central combat A.I. which is compatible and integrated with the ship and its functions... effectively giving the ship an internal intelligent computer/ droid brain which is capable of speaking through the ships' speakers and overall, controlling the ship much like a piloting droid of above average quality. The A.I. is able to make calculated decisions based on events which occur and data which is analysed through the ships scanners be they internal or external, and can perform tasks from take-offs to docking and even combat. Overall the A.I is capable of performing all basic applications of the ship at the capacity of above an astromech droid in intelligence or being able to control and command its limit of other drones. However, the A.I. is only able to control a finite amount of things, either, the entire ship it is on, or its entire drone payload, not both. Mediums can be met between them, but neither can be used at full effectiveness. Ie. A ship which can control 15 drones, can only control 5, but, it would need to sacrifice controlling about 1/3 of the ships systems to compensate. (Eg. weapons and active manipulation of shield power.)

The second function of the larger DCD, is the ability to impart its intelligence to compatible ships and drones within half the sub-light range of the capitol ships' communications array whom have an equipped droid brain/ receiver. Capable of projecting the A.I. in a manner similar to the Trade federations' capitol ships, but, on a much lower scale. The power of the Capitol Class DCD is dependent on the class of DCD used (From Corvette - Star Destroyer), though it is widely considered that the number of drones these machines are able to control, is parallel with the ship's own hangar capacity. Meaning, that a frigate which has a hangar size of 30, unless the power is reduced, with a frigate Class DCD would be able to control 30 drones, and would escalate in numbers based on the equipped ship. As, larger ships, with larger hangars, employ larger classes of this DCD to allow the general control of larger sums of drones such as Vulture droids which were once employed by the trade federation. However, the amount of control required to control a full contingent of drones is taxing on the A.I. of the DCD, meaning that, for each additional drone under control, less of the A.I. can be used to control the ship. Without drone control, the A.I. is capable of piloting a ship and using all of its systems, while, at maximum drone control, the A.I. is incapable of supplementing 'any' of the ships functions, and must rely on pilots.

On a side note: This DCD when combined with a skilled slicer and a means of connection (be it being directly plugged in, or other means of access) is capable of attempting to take control of other automated ships so long as they have a droid brain or A.I. component. Though, this requires some use of power, and is relatively draining on the system. Like-wise, A skilled slicer could also defend against the intrusion with a means of access to the same Drone/ Droid.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Orphen"]

Orphen said:
Overall the A.I is capable of performing all basic applications of the ship at the capacity of a combat droid.
What are the basic applications? This is obviously meant to reduce crew size of ships, which is acceptable, but anything, even frigate sized would still require a crew to maintain efficiency. An AI trying to control all functions on a ship would become taxed from processing power attempting to control everything.

Orphen said:
*Minimum Drone Control Loadouts: Corvette: 15 Frigate: 30 Cruiser: 50 Heavy Cruiser: 70 Light SD: 90 Star Destroyer: 110 Command Ship: 150
So this is the number of Drones the module can control in addition to controlling the ship? Could you link me to any existing drones this can control?

Orphen said:
The second function of the larger DCD, is the ability to impart its intelligence to compatible ships and drones within half the sub-light range of the capitol ships' communications array. Capable of projecting the A.I. in a manner similar to the Trade federations' capitol ships, but, on a much lower scale.
Could you wirelessly transmit the AI to enemy ships? Or to friendly ones if the main ship it was present on was being destroyed? Also, Droid Control Ships did not possess AI. They Controlled the programming of the battle droids. While it is possible for an AI to replace the Human aspect of this computer, trying to independently control each drone like a starfighter would be taxing and would probably result in them being less effective than a standard Droid Fighter.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Central_Control_Computer
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lucrehulk-class_Droid_Control_Ship

I don't imagine it would be too taxed, I mean, if it were in a state of constantly and actively controlling all functions from opening and closing doors to operating all its drones at capacity. I mean, hell yeah. But, were it simply piloting, or using a couple weapons, and monitoring some things and piloting a few drones, I don't think that would put too much weight on the system. The droid capitol ships also kinda did pilot themselves, they imparted the A.I. to the droids who piloted the ships, if anything, this just skips that stage.

Basic things would be, flight, guns, shields, doors,

No existing drones, other than i guess pyraemon drones, but, they're way to small a-scale. considering they''re the size of like, a baseball. But it would be things like vulture droids, I guess I'll link them. :)

As for enemy ships... they would have to be compatible ... so like, if the enemy were using like, vulture droids or other drones of a similar nature, i guess i could attempt to gain control. It would be a fight of which A.I. was more advanced i guess.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Will drop some edits <3

Orphen said:
The droid capitol ships also kinda did pilot themselves, they imparted the A.I. to the droids who piloted the ships, if anything, this just skips that stage.
AI and Droid programming are very different things. I can see this functioning as a replacement of the human factor in a Droid Control Computer, but not controlling the individual starfighters. How Droid Control Ships worked was they issued orders to droids (Kill that, take this objective, hold this area) and the droids programming took over from there (Orders were probably more complex but not to the degree of transmitting an AI).

Orphen said:
As for enemy ships... they would have to be compatible ... so like, if the enemy were using like, vulture droids or other drones of a similar nature, i guess i could attempt to gain control. It would be a fight of which A.I. was more advanced i guess.
Well, compatible is a loose term as you don't state what is necessary for a ship to be compatible. To make it simple, just add a line saying it can't attempt to control enemy ships without being directly plugged into them.

Orphen said:
*Minimum Drone Control Load-outs: Corvette: 15 Frigate: 30 Cruiser: 50 Heavy Cruiser: 70 Light SD: 90 Star Destroyer: 110 Command Ship: 150
It would be dependent on the ship, not the actual size, as different ships have different hangar space. I get where you are going with this part, but lets just cut out the numbers and say it can control the entire Drone Complement for the ship it is mounted on, assuming it contains a Droid Control Computer for it to work through. As long as it does not control the individual droids as though it were piloting them, that would be fine.
This computer, located on an orbiting command ship or station, allowed the droid control program to instantly relay information and orders from unit to unit no matter where they were on the planet.

Orphen said:
The A.I. Is capable of controlling: Flight / Navigation Shield Control. Activation Weapons / Targeting. Engine control / Routing of power.
There are examples of an AI being able to do this, but a greatly decreased efficiency, to the point that they were barely on par with Battle Droids at Weapon Control and far less efficient than an actual crew. If you add in a line saying something like that, this will be fine, otherwise, cut the Activation weapon/targeting.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

I guess i should stop comparing? I mean yeah, the things it transmits its A.I. to would have to be able to / made to receive it. Like, if you had a wireless watch connectable to holonet, it couldn't give the watch A.I. So they would need a droid brain of some kind.

What I'm going for is just a thing where, The thing lets my ship be from knight Rider (xD) and it allows the things around it to also be knight Rider by more or less. It goes into a lot more detail on the 'predecessor' thing. Which is why i ensured there was a link.

Hope i fixed things~

Orphen said:
The second function of the larger DCD, is the ability to impart its intelligence to compatible ships and drones within half the sub-light range of the capitol ships' communications array whom have an equipped droid brain/ receiver.
This is implying that the AI is capable of independently "Piloting" these droids for lack of a better word. The extreme short range is a serious limitation, and I do believe I know what it is you want the AI to do. Here is the solution I am proposing.
  1. The AI can control the functions of the ship OR Control the drones, not both simultaneously
  2. The AI can control the drones slightly above par (par being Vulture Droids)
  3. The AI can't be wireless transferred and has to be physically transported from one ship to another.
All the other limitations you have are fine they way they are.

The only issue i would have with that... is... would that not mean that things like vulture droids would have to have cables attached to the capitol ship in order to operate... cos, that sounds a tad unreasonable. The feed is intended to be a continuous stream. Like sight Jacking. Could I just add a weakness to the wireless transmissions saying that technology which would scramble communications, such as E.M.Chaff also scrambles the feed?

I'm fine with the other two, I could just get a pilot droid xD

Could you reply to this before i make the following edits? Just to be sure.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

EDIT: Eh, made changes anyways. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom