Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private All Quiet on the Chiss Front

revenent.png

MISSION: PATROL TERRITORY FOR BROTHERHOOD FORCES
CALLSIGN: REVENANT ELEVEN
EQUIPMENT: REC-AI01 A-Wing Interceptor

TAGS:
Iris Arani Iris Arani

div-goldiguess.png
"I've never met a Jedi before, let me just say you're all so cool!"

It was true. Mylo remembered sitting in front of the holoscreen as a child, watching holodocumentaries and news stories on the warriors who wielded swords of light and served the Force. It had enchanted him and in all his years he had never really come across one. That was expected, the Jedi had better things to do than to mingle with the populus. At least in his mind. But he had never really let go of the desire to actually interact with one. As them questions on the nature of the Universe. And the mystical energy field known as the Force.

His earliest memories were of him play-fighting his cousins with long pieces of wood that they pretended were lightsabers. He'd even managed to make the noise, imitating their movements and attempting the use the Force as they did. That fascination with the mystical order had never really left him and he had been extraordinarily surprised when he'd heard of the Jedi Order's separation from the GA.

He throttled down slightly to keep with the X-Wing that had joined him on this patrol mission. Intially, he had been given the impression that this patrol mission was a venture that Commander Chaar had sent him on out of spite. After all, he had just returned after Life Day Celebrations on the Southern Front. The fun he'd had would make anyone jealous. The Sposia system was one of the many systems that made up Chiss Space, and sat directly on a hyperlane to Csilla. The Humbariner starfighter pilot was immeadiately brought back to the horror that he had felt when the news of the destruction reached the Hosnian Prime Flight Academy.

So many beings eliminated in one fell swoop. It had strengthened his resolve to fight and defeat the scourge known as the Brotherhood of the Maw. "Nothing on my visual scanning, anything on your scope, Master Jedi?" He asked Iris, banking off slightly, as the glowing orb of Sposia took up space on his display. He swiped left to read up on the stats for the planet. Inhabited most definitely and not yet been at the mercy of Maw forces as its cousin, Csilla, had. He hoped for an autograph once they headed back to base.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Flying through space had always been a sort of distraction for the Padawan. The empty void didn't have as many colors. No real life existed in the vacuum. What colors she did see were just because of her being Keshian. The light trails from her X-Wing. Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne 's A-Wing. She'd been drifting through, her ship never really on course and just.. Following the colors that she could see almost like she was in a trance.

"I've never met a Jedi before, let me just say you're all so cool!"

Wait, what? Cool? Iris blinked, glancing from the faint traces of colors to look towards the A-Wing she was assigned with. Jedi were.. Cool? Actually, what did cool mean? She hummed in thought. "Is cool a good thing?" Thinking back, she'd learned there was plenty disdain for Jedi. Especially throughout the military. Did cool mean something worse than she thought?

"Nothing on my visual scanning, anything on your scope, Master Jedi?"

Oh, right. They were on a job. Her gaze turned to the scanner, peeking through the various channels. ".. Nothing on my end. I don't see any colors either." Just the faint traces of their engines and their own colors. "Also, I think it's just Padawan? I don't think I should be called Master. .. Hmm.. Maybe?" Honestly she wasn't sure. Her brow furrowed in thought, and again she started to drift off course, weaving through the colors that helped her to think.

"Have you really never met a Jedi before?"

revenent.png

MISSION: PATROL FOR BROTHERHOOD FORCES

TAGS:
Iris Arani Iris Arani

div-goldiguess.png

"Is cool a good thing?" Thinking back, she'd learned there was plenty disdain for Jedi. Especially throughout the military. Did cool mean something worse than she thought?

"Of course cool's a good thing!" He exclaimed, wondering why the Jedi wouldn't connote cool with something posititve. To his own knowledge and within his own circles, the news of the NJO withdrawl from the Galactic Alliance had been perceived with some suspicion, moreso reserved for the Alliance. Despite the grumblings of old soldiers, he had heard most praise for their lightsword wielding allies.

They drew closer to the blue-green ball mixed with swirls of white that was Sposia. Yet still, his scopes were negative. Mylo furrowed his brow, leaning forward to get a closer look to see if there was anything out there. While he had been consistently reminded of the importance of routine patrols especially close to the border, but he was sure there hadn't been reports of any activity so was this really necessary? The pilot gave a long drawn out sigh, taking a moment to admire the pinpricks of light in the sky, all different colours hanging in the black of space.
"Also, I think it's just Padawan? I don't think I should be called Master. .. Hmm.. Maybe?"

"Oh? My apologies, Padawan." Mylo wasn't sure what the term actually meant. But he deduced that it likely meant something important and so he vowed to respect the rank. As he had always been taught.
"Have you really never met a Jedi before?"

"No, not at all. And I never really expected to. I guess, the Jedi don't really have time for people like us? It makes sense of course, too busy saving the galaxy to deal with our trivial matters." He said good-naturedly with a small chuckle to accompany. Finally, Mylo could spot a blocky shape around a klick away and decided it might be nice to investigate. It popped up as a blip on his scope, a single one in the seemingly abandonded space around the Chiss World. "I think I got something Padawan, I'll make contact." He brought it up on his display, from the look of it, he postulated that it was likely a freighter, civilian of course.

Mylo attempted to open up a channel with the ship as they patched him through. "Freighter, this Flight Officer Mylo Thorne of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force. Do you read? I am here with..." The dark-haired pilot remembered that he hadn't even asked for the name of his companion for this mission. He kept the comment open to allow the Padawan to answer for herself.​

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"No, not at all. And I never really expected to. I guess, the Jedi don't really have time for people like us? It makes sense of course, too busy saving the galaxy to deal with our trivial matters."

Iris's gaze fell completely, staring at the stick she used to steer her ship. Was that.. True? People honestly felt like that? The whole reason behind her becoming a Jedi was to help people, help trivial matters everywhere she could. She'd started to realize that Jedi were often too busy to help everywhere, if only because the Galaxy was in such disarray with the Maw and such. But was that a constant?

Before she had a chance to ask Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne though the other pilot picked up on something. Her gaze shifted to her scanner. Right. They were still patrolling. Though.. Why was she getting a bad feeling?

"Freighter, this Flight Officer Mylo Thorne of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force. Do you read? I am here with..."

It took a couple seconds before Iris realized she was supposed to introduce herself. She blinked. ".. Oh. Padawan Iris."

revenent.png

MISSION: PATROL FOR BROTHERHOOD FORCES

TAGS:
Iris Arani Iris Arani

div-goldiguess.png

Strangely, no response came back from the freighter. Weird. Mylo checked his life-form scanner expecting to at least detect a pilot or at least some sort of crew. He narrowed his eyes at the display as it came up with no life-forms detected. There was something wrong. "Freighter, I repeat, this is Flight Officer Mylo Thorne of the Galactic Alliance Defense Force and Jedi Padawan Iris Arani, do you read?" No response. Now his instincts were telling him something was definitely wrong here..

"I'm getting no response and I can't detect any lifeforms in that ship. D'ya think you could use the Force to try and figure out what was going on."

In Mylo's mind it was somewhat of a big ask. He'd never really seen the Force in action and he hoped it wouldn't annoy the Jedi that they would have to use it on such a trivial matter as this one. But some gut instinct, something deep in his mind knew that this was not going to go as planned.

"I've got a bad feeling about this, I'm heading in closer." Mylo banked and came around approaching the freighter at a steady velocity. Still, not lifeforms were detected on the freighter.

Last edited:
Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

".. No, wait." At Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne 's request Iris had reached out to find the colors from the Freighter. Even droids gave out their own colors, if muted. Yet what she felt wasn't anything.. Alive. Black. A void of colors in the otherwise empty space. It sent a chill down her spine. "There's.. No one alive there. I only sense dead bodies." Then an alarm. Her eyes went wide as she turned her gaze towards her Targes scanner. Several blips.

"We have incoming vessels. It's a trap!"

MISSION: ENGAGE BROTHERHOOD FIGHTERS

TAGS:
Iris Arani Iris Arani

div-goldiguess.png
"We have incoming vessels. It's a trap!"

Sure enough, his hyperwave signal interceptor alerted him to fluctuations in the hyperspace field around Sposia which indicated there were marks dropping out of hyperspace. On his display more and more blips began to be detected. As they got closer, he attempted to deduce what they were, another, smaller ugly freighter, cobbled together from parts of old Alliance and New Imperial Order ships. Accompanying them were four Darkshear-class Swarm Fighters, which organised as their name indicated, and two seemingly salvaged ancient TIE/LN starfighters. To him, it was miracle they were still flying.

"Six marks inbound!" This wasn't the milk run he had thought it would be. He wondered if Iris had ever been combat before. Whether she had or hadn't did really matter now anyways. If they were to make it back to the base they would both need to destroy the force that was currently threatening them. Though, there were two of them, this would make things a lot easier. Mylo had learnt at the Academy that the wing partnership was the most basic unit of starfighters, and also one of the easiest to use in starfighter combat.

"Evasive! Defensive split, break to port Iris! I'll break to starboard, we converge at the heading two-five-five."
He almost barked into his com unit, he wasn't used to giving orders. Mylo relaxed in his seat, he was with a Jedi, nothing could go wrong. Their adversaries continued on, and he slapped the stick towards the starboard side, pressing down on his right etheric rudder pedal to get a more angled escape. While doing this, he throttle up and rolled, moving to the heading he had described to his new wingmate.​

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Six incoming.

Maw ships. Iris tensed further. This wasn't just some random pirate trap. This was worse. She followed Mylo Thorne Mylo Thorne 's direction at first, veering off to start their run. Only, she didn't stay close in formation for long. Orders were never how she flew, after all. Her ship weaved through the incoming salvo of enemy fire, seemingly random with no direction. But she was following the colors, the path the Force set out for her.

Then reached out. It was something she'd been working on, being able to do two things at once. The colors she saw brushed out, reaching for her fellow pilot. Calming. Enhancing. Her finger pulled the trigger. Her lasers ripped through one of the ships as she seemed to carelessly soar right through their formation. "They're breaking for the freighter! I think they're targeting it?" Confusion filled her voice as she veered off. They seemed one minded in that objective.

revenent.png

MISSION: DEFEAT BROTHERHOOD FORCES

TAGS:
Iris Arani Iris Arani

div-goldiguess.png
An eyebrow went up as he analysed Iris' flight patterns. They were erratic yes, and frankly he was somewhat confused. Just then Iris came through and vaped a Maw ship at an almost impossible angle. "Great shot! Keep going like that, draw their fire!" He said. Though he couldn't be too surprised. She was a Jedi after all. As Iris weaved through their formation and veered away from a pursuer, Mylo pulled in behind. He swung from port to starboard decreasing in speed to keep with the fighter, his crosshair bleeped and Mylo shunted power to weapon, sending a burst of fire into all areas of a Darkshear, multiple wings gradually falling off as the central cockpit careened off into space.

"Scratch Two!"

He disengaged briefly before moving onto another Darkshear. These slow moving craft were no match, but speed wasn't what he needed right now. Merely careful planning. Mylo took hold of the stick and pulled up into a long roll while thee Darkshear broke lazily, he had to remember these ships were for numbered attacks and severely underperformed alone. Mylo pulled down behind the ship, sending a single blast into the engine, allocating more power to his shields before cutting through the nova-like explosion. Another. It was the trap, the oldest trick in the book.

"Iris! The smaller fighters are Darkshears! They're swarm fighters, don't be intimidated by their numbers, get em on their own, they're not too good on their own. The others are TIE Fighters, they're a little more manueverable, but they're not shielded and we are!"

"They're breaking for the freighter! I think they're targeting it?" Confusion filled her voice as she veered off. They seemed one minded in that objective.

Mylo gazed off into the distance at the other freighter. She was right, they were in strangely close proximity to the freighter. As if they were almost connected to it, somehow? His gut instinct was telling him something was wrong. "Iris, is it possible that you use the Force again? There's something in that ugly freighter, the one made up of different parts, that's connected to the Darkshears."

If she chose to. She might be detect numerous figures in the freighter who were making strange movements, that sort of corresponded with the movements of the ships.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

There was something very off. Iris's eyes closed as she passed control of the ship to her R unit, instead focusing on the flow of colors around them. That's when she felt it. One of the Darkshears suddenly changed direction, leaving the formation in favor of crashing into another ship. One of the TIEs. Iris's eyes snapped open as she pulled on her stick, narrowly avoiding the crashed debris.

Something dark lurked in the freighter. It was only for a moment, but it struck out through one of the Darkshears.

"The Freighter! Somethings controlling the swarm fighters on there!" Another lurched for her ship, seeming to abandon it's weaponry in favor of crashing tactics instead. It barely missed grazing one of her wings. "Somethings wrong, they're not- It's like something took over the pilots!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom