Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alchemy question

By divine inspiration, I have decided I shall make a force sensitive pseudo-counterpart to my Restricted Material Huntress @[member="Triam Akovin"]. He shall be a force sensitive with literally ONE SKILL:

Alchemy!

But I don't want him to be just the ordinary run of the mill alchemist that we have running around with Sith and Nightsister hobbyist's and such, I want him to be unique and recognizable. So I want to know, has anyone ever utilized a skill of Un-alchemy? The ability where alchemical creations are removed of their unnatural manifestations using the force? The other question is this:

Do you need a forge for metallurgy? And how much preparation is needed to start alchemy of any kind?

Lastly, I was wondering if there were Masters or amateurs with unique skills lying around that want a dedicated disciple?

Never heard of any one Reversing Sith Alchemy. So that one will have to be answered by someone with more knowledge than I. ANd alot of preparation is required. It takes a very long time to create the blades and other such out of alchemy. While most of the posting and stories play it out as over a few hours, it should take a few days in my mind. Because of the ability to convert something into something else almost entirely, it takes time, effort, strength physically, and mentally. So there is never enough preparation to have. The more you have, the better off you are.

I know very little alchemy, just enough to create a simple Sith sword, and make items lightsaber resistant, but that's it. I can't make the gasses and other such. If you want more info I'll give you the link that I use rather often.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Alchemy

@[member="Fatty"]
Let's see.
I seriously doubt most alchemical effects could be removed from an object without destroying it. The easiest ways would be by using a master alchemist or by employing Force Light (which isn't the annihilate-all-the-things it's sometimes portrayed as, but is useful against artifacts).

Metallurgical alchemy without a forge? Well, maybe, but it'd increase the time and effort required. By a lot. Most biological alchemy effects require specialized machines of a sort, too. Morna hit the nail on the head. More preparation = better. If you're asking whether an experienced alchemist can use alchemy 'on the fly,' the answer is generally no and sometimes maybe. :) I've seen high-level alchemists, say, alchemize a piece of metal or their own fingernails in the middle of some kind of situation.

There are no hard or fast rules. Just respect balance, is my main advice.

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

Hmmm, Force Light. This would be indeed a very strange character if he could command that and alchemy.... and probably impossible. I'll research it more, since I'm fairly certain Masters of both spectrum's to that extent don't exist.

The only reason why I ask about metallurgy without a forge, is that before I really understood what alchemy was, as Voracitos during his Duel with Ashin he kinda did that to make the corruption suit... that was promptly destroyed moments afterwards.

I was wondering if that was realistic to the ability, or if I just pulled a special snowflake thing :p

Rave Merrill said:
I seriously doubt most alchemical effects could be removed from an object without destroying it. The easiest ways would be by using a master alchemist or by employing Force Light (which isn't the annihilate-all-the-things it's sometimes portrayed as, but is useful against artifacts)
I was thinking the same things, but didnt want to say it and be wrong. I know that trying to reverse things in the Sith, can be rather.... Destructive. so if I were you on reversing, wait untill high knight until you start working on this, and even then, do a lot of threads about the chances of actually producing such an outcome. it takes a long time to make something out of Sith Alchemy, but that means, it will take hundredfold times longer to reverse it.

@[member="Fatty"], @[member="Rave Merrill"]

Well anyway, this will be the character I will use for my Alchemist. Not sure I like the name or the bio, but that's what it is for now.

I think I'm still going to go forward with an Alchemical Reversal process. I think I might create some kind of liquid imbued with concentrate light side energy to simulate what would happen with Force Light, thus when the item in question is dipped in it shall gradually lose its properties. After that I have to figure out how to weaponize it against fellow alchemy toting enemies. But it will be a project that will take me from now until Master, and probably beyond.

However, I need to come up with a need for this, which was why my bio is the way it is. I'm thinking about using this reversal process to cure plagued creatures converted into sithspawn, such as a zombified loved one. Not sure that's really viable, as the biological subject will most likely die after the process is finished.

Perhaps reversal is impossible without destruction.

well if you want the best way to learn how to cure a sithspawn is to first learn how to make them. I'll be honest Malice is skilled at making them but he has never once tried to reverse the affect. Though I agree with my counterparts, Sithspawn are literally corrupted by the Darkside, their minds and bodies twisted and mutated. In regards to reversing sithspawn...impossible. But cancelling whats done to say a sithsword or sith made armor...possible but wouldn't be easy i'd guess.

I'm willing to help in anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom