Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Alaris Battle Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
tank1_by_peterprime-d580emb.png
Image Source: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/201/2/1/tank1_by_peterprime-d580emb.png
Intent: To create a dedicated tank unit for sale by the Archangel Research and Design.
Manufacturer: Archangel Research and Design
Model: Alaris Battle Tank
Affiliation: Archangel Clients
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material: Durasteel
Description: The Alaris Battle Tank is Archangel Research and Design's next product to be sold to clients wishing for more powerful units on the battlefield. In a time where all out war is spreading once more, Archangel adds this new automated tank to its already impressive array of droid war machines for sale. Armed with a pair of blaster cannons and a light shield generator to repel light arms fire, the Alaris is meant to engage enemies directly. Normally found in a battle line with a few other Alaris units and with Decurion and Legionnaire droids backing them up, Alaris are intended to provide a central force to an army's battle lines. They are also efficient as defensive units around important enclosures.
Role: Mainline Tank
Caliber: 65
Range (Main Guns): Effective Range - 4km (Direct Fire) Max Range - 15km (indirect fire)
Range (Anti-Personal): 150-200 meters
Height: 3.6 Meters
Length: 6.8 Meters
Width: 3.8 Meters
Weight: 20 tons
Minimum Crew: N/A (Droid Brain)
Optimal Crew: N/A (Droid Brain)
Propulsion: Repulsorlift
Top Speed: 65 KM/H
Armaments:
  • 1 Heavy Swiveling Blaster Cannon
  • 1 Forward Facing Blaster Cannon
  • 2 Anti-Personal Blaster Emplacements
Passenger Capacity: N/A
Cargo Capacity: N/A
Misc. Equipment:
  • Advanced Targeting Systems
  • Internal Comm System
  • Archangel Droid Brain
  • Advanced Sensor Systems
  • Light Shield Generator

[member="Doll Crux"]

Change Production to Minor
What is the effective range?
What is the maximum range?
What is the caliber of the main gun?
Reduce Anti-Personnel Cannons to 2.

[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

Ok I changed everything just in case, but I'd like to know why it has to be Minor Production. Its a pretty standard tank with no outstanding features. No beam turrets or the like or extra missile pods. So I'd like to at least know the reason why I'm being asked to reduce its production when it is by no means an overly dangerous weapon. I understood with the Artillery Submission since artillery has a bit more bang than most things and I did make it modable.

And while a lesser point, why only 2 anti-personal weapons? Some modern tanks have 3 emplacements or 4 even. To cover each side of the tank from approaching infantry. If its to be fair by leaving the rear less defended to make a more balanced unit that makes enough sense, but I'd like to know for future reference at least.

Doll Crux said:
[member="Aaralyn Rekali"]

Ok I changed everything just in case, but I'd like to know why it has to be Minor Production. Its a pretty standard tank with no outstanding features. No beam turrets or the like or extra missile pods. So I'd like to at least know the reason why I'm being asked to reduce its production when it is by no means an overly dangerous weapon. I understood with the Artillery Submission since artillery has a bit more bang than most things and I did make it modable.

And while a lesser point, why only 2 anti-personal weapons? Some modern tanks have 3 emplacements or 4 even. To cover each side of the tank from approaching infantry. If its to be fair by leaving the rear less defended to make a more balanced unit that makes enough sense, but I'd like to know for future reference at least.
The primary reason for minor production is because the company doesn't appear to be on a scale to mass produce weapons of this kind. Yes, it seems simplistic in nature but we're talking extensive weaponry. Or you can remove some more weaponry to make it able to be mass produced. I have no problem with either.

That is where we're balancing. If you want to leave it at 3 AP, then the production can come down. It's a give and take situation. The company's tier makes a difference.

[member="Kära Vi'dreya"]

Yes, all of the submissions I place into the factory I approve by them first. I haven't tried sending anything in without them being aware.

However they did request I change it to minor production because they'd rather have it have the antipersonnel blasters than be mass produced. So I changed that back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom