Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alaafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
6169f55f6b7e0844d4493b2fb269a79e.jpg

Name: Alaafia

Image Source: https://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/41838447/disp/6169f55f6b7e0844d4493b2fb269a79e.jpg?cb=1945039031

Classification: Rural town

Location: Voss, Northern Hemisphere. Placed outside the city of Voss-Ka with a river situated through the town.

Affiliation: The Silver Jedi Order

Population: There can only be 70,000 people in the city at any given time.

Demographics: 68% Human, 12% Togruta, 10% Twi'lek, 5% Chiss, 3% Clawdite, 2% other species.

Points of Interest: There are lots of apartments to house the people living there, a council chamber, shops and seven temples around the city. It is a place where many force sensitives reside.

Description: Alaafia is a largely green city with overgrown trees and plants. The buildings are buildings, with complex structures and exquisite patterns. The whole city is based around a large hill where the main temple of the town stands, with a river running through the central city, acting as a natural defence. The river runs throughout the whole city and the ocean is visible in the distance.

The City was created to provide a safe place for members of the Silver Jedi Order to reside in peace. The Jedi control the city and there is a small council of ten members who are in charge of keeping peace and order. The main form of punishment is exile, though there is a small prison that can hold up to 100 people. Most people living in the city are either Jedi or force users, since the town is owned by the Order.

History: The city had been built hundreds of years ago but was abandoned after a civil war. Crumbling structures were rebuilt but the city kept its scenic look. The Silver Jedi rebuilt it to create a place for people to co-exist peacefully.

Alright, so there are a few rather important issues that need to be clarified here.

1. Naboo is, and has been, a planet within the Protectorate territory for quite some time. The Protectorate has existed far longer than the Silver Jedi faction, so to say the SJ preceded any Protectorate influence doesn't work. I'm afraid I cannot justify a major city like this on a planet so far away from the Silver Jedi territory (literally over half a galaxy away) and under another major government's protection having an affiliation to a faction that doesn't have anything to do with it canonically or historically on this forum.

2. Creating city subs for canon planets is a bit of a grey-zone where the Codex is concerned. Especially if it's supposed to be pre-existing. Were this a newly established city founded through IC development on the forum, then it might make more sense. While Wookiepedia cannot possibly list every and all existing cities on every single planet, something of this size and presumed significance would likely not have been left out.

Here's what I recommend:

Pick a different planet. One within the Silver Jedi's influence cloud or at the very least within one hex of the cloud itself, but not within the cloud of another faction. If you're not sure what would qualify, check the Chaos map here:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img538/3135/6QLO8p.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts.

[member="Vitani Amani"]

Voss is certainly a better choice!

However, I think you'll need to take a look at the Wookie article on Voss and incorporate a bit more of the canon information available into your sub. Be sure to also read up on the local races that live there so you can incorporate them accurately.

Here are the things I want you to work on:

Read up on the planet's history and incorporate it into your city's history. In general, your history needs fleshing out - at the very least two full paragraphs detailing who founded the city, any major events including the Gulag Virag/400 year darkness if it's that old, and the Netherworld event. Those are galactic events, but don't forget localized events like your civil war. I want more detail. If you mention it, you need to expand upon it!

Reconsider the city's demographics and adjust accordingly. Voss does not canonically host many of the races you have listed in your original sub (that's not to say they haven't immigrated, but likely they would not be there in such high numbers.)

Expand upon your points of interest. I want a full paragraph (at least) for each of the major locations you've already listed and any others you come up with.

Voss is the Silver Jedi capital. Be sure to write out how this effects your city. Do major figureheads live in your city? Do they rule from this city? Don't be afraid to talk to the SJ admins and IC leaders to get some ideas for your sub.

Keep in mind: you are creating a setting for other people to use. Try to provide enough information so they have a solid foundation of where and how to start their story. Readers should be able to see this sub and know exactly what's going on with this city. Right now you've got a good, bare-bones skeleton of the city - now it's time to give it muscle and sinew and blood and heart!

[member="Vitani Amani"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom