Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah Phrik It!

Briar Thorn

Life is a game, so why not enjoy yourself?
underground_factory_by_molybdenumgp03.jpg
Ah Bastion! A planet in the same part of the galaxy as Dantooine, yet infinitely more interesting in every way. The planet was known for many things, and one of them was its xenophobic human populous who wished to rid themselves of every none and near humans they could. An interesting tension to watch, a mess of one too, but an interesting mess none the less. The planet was also known for it's phrik deposits, which gave it some practical value. Phrik was highly valuable to pretty much everyone for one reason or another. Some could make armor and weapons that could resist light sabers while withstanding large amounts of damage. For others it could be sold for a considerable profit. A win win no matter which side you took.

Briar had heard about a particular mining operation through some new underground contacts. It was an illegal operation using forced labor from freed and enslaved near-humans alike. The facility was also underground, which brought a little smile to Briar's lips when he heard about this from his underground sources. He had learned of a few needing some of the material so he had contacted them all and requested they met him on Bastion at a bar. One of them was even someone he knew. This person was [member="Briga Tiin"] whom he had met not long ago back on Nar Shadaa. The other two went by the names of [member="Betiliena Sudrenus"] and [member="Zelda Tarys"] but he did not know them. That did not stop him from contacting them anyways.

All of the invites to the little party were sent out and all that was left was for the guests to arrive. Briar sat at the counter with a drink in front of him. It was a reddish shade so it might be a type of wine or a bloody mary or some a mixed drink of which's name he did not know. He mostly had it there in case he felt like drinking and to set the mood of sitting at the bar. Who went into a bar and didn't order a drink after all? He had one of his coins out and was playing with it at the bar as he waited. He was beginning to bore of the wait and was tempted to leave to go do it himself. His plan for the event was going to be entertaining after all.

Zelda Tarys

My Hair Isn't Dyed
Zelda was yawning and stretching as he walked into the bar, wondering why he and his Sterling needed to group up with anybody at all. Flying a bird like his into a mine and blasting things until someone handed him some phrik wasn't exactly a safe plan, but it felt like a better one than meeting in a bar not even a hemisphere away from the mine they were planning to stick up.

He wasn't exactly inconspicuous in his flight suit, but he figured that it was better than dressing up and trying to act like a noble. That was a little bit more character acting than he could manage. It was more than good enough that he was tall enough to not get carded, so he simply collapsed into a seat at the bar and ordered something cold and alcoholic.

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Asantas

The Doctor is in
It was a while since she last went on a mission the death of the sword and Isoldas rage made her timid most of her time but now it was time for that to change. She recieved a message from [member="Briar Thorn"] to meet him on Bastion near one of the phrik mines and that there was others coming for this escapade she kept her blades sheathed as she walked across the planets landscape making her way to the bar, She was in her light armor she needed the speed and agility. She walked into the bar letting her pike rest in her hand but still kept it in her hand. She took a seat and waited for her partners to arrive and hopefuly they will arrive soon until then she simply ordered some water and sat down in a meditation to center her mind off of past events.

[member="Zelda Tarys"] [member="Briga Tiin"]

Briga Tiin, Sith Inquisitor and Priestess of Iktotch was traveling with a motley crue of sorts to Bastion to pick up valuable material for a new set of armor, both utlitiarian and ceremonial. Historically Inquisitor attire tended to be on the garish side, protective but with an aggressive flare used mostly for intimidation. The robes, breastplate and tunics she envisioned were not different. The Caprine mystic also needed her sturdy armor to be worthy of a goddess. The Goddess of Ax’no to be precise.

Bastion was known for two things: it’s affiliation with the cultish Primeval, and its xenophobia to any species not human. But there was no way Briga was going to hide her soaring, spiraling horns, already a great source of pride to the clairvoyant Caprine, so even though she wore a rich, velvet red cloak, over her priestly gown, she kept the hood squarely down and flattened on her shoulders.
She’d met the enigmataic Briar Thorn on Nar Shaddaa. The others she did not know. As she walked into the bar, she nodded in greeting to the strangers, a young girl and a human with bluish hair. Ordering a glass of thick, dry, burgundy wine, she said, “So Thorn, when do we get started?”

It would be nice to have a few drinks before they got down to business, but the Sith Inquisitor, not knowing the other two in the party very well, would need to stay on alert.

[member="Briar Thorn"] [member="Betiliena Sudrenus"] [member="Zelda Tarys"]

Briar Thorn

The bar was as boring as all bars tended to be, but this one was actually worse. There was only humans running around the place. There were no aliens of any kind to be seen, not even near humans. It was dull, it was tedious, it was- ah there came in Briga to liven the establishment up. Briar had seen the other two enter before she had, but as they had not approached him he chose not to approach them. As he saw the caprine woman enter he smiled, which was a more positive reaction than the ones the local patrons had. He walked over to her as she spoke to him. He took one of her hands in his and guided it up to his mouth. He kissed the back of her knuckles softly then let it drop away slightly.

Briar smiled to Briga as he said after, " It is a pleasure as always Briga. Your presence brightens up this dull room. I hope that travel went well for you?" He gazed into her eyes for a moment before he added, " We will get going as soon as the others decide to join us instead of sitting off on their own." He motioned towards the other two involved in their adventure with his eyes for her. He grinned impishly to her as he said after, " So tell me, are you up for inspiring a riot? I know I am." He didn't know if the other two were going to follow or not, but her offered Briga his arm and waited for her to do what she was going to do. As soon as she did, he began to head for the door so they could get started with the job.

[member="Briga Tiin"] [member="Betiliena Sudrenus"] [member="Zelda Tarys"]

Zelda Tarys

My Hair Isn't Dyed
Zelda put his drink down with just a tiny bit of disappointment as he saw the Thorn guy walk off with a beautifully decorated Caprine woman. Well, damn. He walked up to the quiet woman with the thing that looked like... a spear?... and gently tapped her on the shoulder. Not like she didn't stick out at least as much as the horned redhead.

"Um, miss... meditative girl? I'm your ride, and Thorn just left. Maybe we should get going?"

He watched her sit there for a few minutes, awkwardly wondering if Force Users fell asleep to meditate. He didn't want a freshly woken up lady with a spear on his hands.

[member="Briar Thorn"] [member="Briga Tiin"] [member="Betiliena Sudrenus"]

Asantas

The Doctor is in
She was silent for a moment until [member="Zelda Tarys"] went over to get her attention, She opened her eyes and looked up to him when he explained that he was her ride and that [member="Briar Thorn"] already left with a rather beautifully decorated [member="Briga Tiin"] she stood up and picked up her spear and simply nodded. She was quiet and will probably stay that way until she needs to speak or is told to speak she made a motion to Zelda that indicated lead the way she hoped to meet the others before the raid began other wise she came here for nothing and that was something that would annoy her to no end.

OOC: Apologies for the short post ...this was rushed x.x

Briga would have to get used to Briar Thorn’s constant chivalry. Most of her disciples and even confidants were not that familial with her. After Apprentice Thorn’s lips grazed her knuckles, the mystic responded: “The journey was fine and my ship is tucked away safely in the nearby spaceport."

She only nodded and went to follow their guide but was waylaid by the blue-haired near human who indicated he was her ride. “Oh, we’re not all traveling together?” she asked.

As she waited for an answer, the horned Priestess wondered what type of riot that Briar Thorn had in mind.

[member="Briar Thorn"] [member="Zelda Tarys"] [member="Betiliena Sudrenus"]

Briar Thorn

Briar was glad to hear that she had made it here safely, even though she still did not seem use to his more polite actions. That was a rather interesting response, but he would need to look more into that later. For now there was some confusion going on in the group. One of them seemed to be a pilot and thought they would be flying. Why would they need to fly anywhere or need a pilot of any kind? Mines tended to be in the earth not in the clouds, even though space mines were an entirely different beast. He turned around and said, " We are taking speeders to the mine site. It is not far, and there will be no need for flying today. Our destination in hidden beneath the surface after all. Now hurry along, we have fun to get to."

Things were already beginning to take a turn to the dull. They needed to hurry along so he could get to something interesting. He began to head to the speeders location. As he did he looked back to Briga and said, " So Miss Tiin, I saved an important part of the plan for you. I would like for you to inspire in the worker the will to rebel and rise up against their overseers. To break their chains and then choke their oppressors with it. I want you to show them the way to freedom! Then as they riot, the rest of us will steal as much phrik as we can. I will get us inside of the mine as well. I hope you are pleased with your role. I immediately thought of you for it after all." Now how would they react? Would they continue to be sheep blindly following orders like the miners or would they think for themselves and give him an unpredictable response? He already knew Briga could and would be interesting, but the other two had yet to prove to him they could interest him.

[member="Briga Tiin"] [member="Betiliena Sudrenus"] [member="Zelda Tarys"]

Zelda Tarys

My Hair Isn't Dyed
"No flying? You're kidding me! Why would you fly a speeder into that mess, when you could run a fast ship in there?"

His response was a very thin one, he knew. But he didn't have anything heavier than a pistol to fight with, and now that he knew what kind of mine it was... Well, he didn't really feel like choking and dying of an allergic reaction. Besides, knocking holes in the walls of mines full of hostiles historically meant that there would be no more mine by the end of the job. One less spice pit would be a generally good thing, right? Zelda just sighed.

"Whatever. Just let me get a sealed helmet or something, first. Breathing spice in would be... bad."

[member="Briar Thorn"] [member="Briga Tiin"] [member="Betiliena Sudrenus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom