Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Location Aga'Dul

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
imperialpalace-ralphmcquarrie.jpg

• Intent: To flesh out one of the most important Gundanbard locations
  • Image Credit: [x]
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: N/A
SETTING INFORMATION
  • Nexus Name: Aga'Dul
  • Nexus Alignment: Dark
  • Affiliation: Gundanbard of Mar'Zambul
  • Size: Medium
  • Strength: Strong
  • Accessibility: The nexus is a large temple in the middle of the Mar'Zambul's capital. It is easy to find but the inside of the temple is highly guarded.
  • Description: A massive temple can be found in the middle of the Gundanbard capital. Trails of worshipers can be seen entering the compound. Great walls gaurd the buildings inside, one could think the temple was a fortress rather than a place of worship.
NEXUS EFFECTS
Stepping foot on the planet you can feel the power of the Nexus, it fells like you are wading through chest high water when walking. The Gundanbard on the other hand are strengthend by the Nexus. They gain a very clear mind and their will is doubled, the Nexus gives them a drive to destroy and kill, to never lose. The closer a Gundanbard gets to the Nexus the stronger they get, and the closer anyone else comes the more it fells like their bodies will crumble.

The priests of the temple are able to cast powerful Gundanbard spells when on temple grounds, they are the gaurdians of the temple and will terminate any who dare intrude.

The nexus has a powerful effect on force users as well especially Light side based force users. While dark side users are not as heavily effected as others they still fell the power of the nexus. Most force users powers become more and more weakened as they approach the temple. The Nexus basically acts like a black hole, but instead of warping gravity it takes force energy. It is said that a force user entering the main temple would disintegrate and its spirit destroyed, even Gundanbard can feel weak effects of the Nexus when inside the temple, though when outside in the surrounding area they are not effected.

POINTS OF INTEREST
Pyramid of Jendu- A pyramid built to honor the war god. It is directly across the plaza from the Nexus temple.
Undarajut Plaza- A Plaza built for the worship of the war god or the power.
Shrine of the Priests- Living quarters to the temple Priests and other temple officials. It is also another place of worship.
Temple walls- A large rectangular wall surrounds the temple and the multiple other buildings. It is always protected and fortified.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
  • 10s of thousands of years ago- According to the tales of the Gundanbard the place where the nexus would be was once a mountain. It was said that then a piece of the sun sent by the god Jendu crashed into the mountain, obliterating it. The first Gundanbard Priests and to be users of the Power came to it and were given the Power of Jendu or Isanye as called in Gardak. The Gundanbard used the power to conquer and destroy worlds. The Priests then built a temple on the rubble of the mountain, this was only after a few hundred years of beginning to resist the power from generations living under it. Priests also used force rituals to quicken the immunity process. This also led to the founding of the Gundanbard capital, Zambul'Tacris. The temple and the city around it was essential territory, it was constently fought over.
  • 12411 BBY- The temple of Jedu is constructed after over two hundred years of on and off construction slowed by endless conflict.
  • 1591 BBY- A sith lord attempts to land in the temple to discover the Nexus's power. Not knowing the true power of the site he approaches the temple after evading planetary defenses, his engine explode leaving him to crash east of compound. He is captured and burned alive.
  • 1257 BBY- The Valundor unites the Gundanbard and uses the temple to strengthen his army.

Last edited:
ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ
Hello! I will be reviewing your submission.

We are off to a good start but there are a few things I'd like to go over before we can get this approved.

• Affiliation: As per the location template, I'll need you to add a link to the Gundanbard here.
  • Nexus Effects: I would like to suggest expanding on this a bit. As it is, I understand that the Nexus induces physical weakness on foreigners while strengthening the Gundanbard, but why does this happen? Why does the Nexus only empower the Gundanbard and not any dark-side force user? Does it make the Gundabard physically stronger? Does it affect their use of the Force if they are force sensitive? Seeing as how this will be a role-playing location it is important that all writers can easily understand the effects being here could have on their characters and/or their character's potential opponents.
  • History: For the same reasons stated above, I'd recommend fleshing the history out a bit more too. The nature and effects of a Force Nexus are often closely related to its origin and history. Perhaps something that happened during its history can be used to achieve the effects you want the Nexus to have. For example, and out the top of my head, perhaps Gundanbard force-users manipulated the Nexus in the past so that it would only be favorable to the planets natives. This example is just a suggestion and it is not required that you use this idea, I'm just brainstorming a bit!

Tag me when you've made edits and let me know if I can be of help!

Aldrouk Grandaun Aldrouk Grandaun

Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas
Edits have been made.

And here is the explanation to the effects:
The Priests then built a temple on the rubble of the mountain, this was only after a few hundred years of beginning to resist the power from generations living under it. Priests also used force rituals to quicken the immunity process.

Thank you for this judgment!

ᴄʜɪᴇꜰ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄᴇʀ
You are very welcome! ^^

This is looking good! Just one more thing I'd like to ask for the sake of clarity. You mention that
"The priests of the temple are able to cast powerful Gundanbard spells when on temple grounds, they are the gaurdians of the temple and will terminate any who dare intrude."
Which implies that the Nexus strengthens Gundanbard force users while on the temple grounds but then, when describing the nexus' effects on force users, it is implied that the Gundanbard's force connection is weakened by the Nexus too:
"even Gundanbard can feel weak effects of the Nexus when inside the temple."

Is this meant to establish that the Gundanbard grow stronger while on the grounds surrounding the temple but will be weakened slightly if within the temple itself? If so, I'd recommend rewording the description a bit so that it's clearer.

Aldrouk Grandaun Aldrouk Grandaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom