Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech AFSG-IP51 Corellian Arms Quad-Laser Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmKay

gx_7_quad_laser_cannon_by_spartan155-d559ym3.jpg
3D MODEL BY SPARTAN155

INTENT: The intent of this submission is to generate a versatile quad-laser turret for use on starships of applicable sizes, and provide Corellian Arms with a budding inventory of verified heavy weaponry.
DEVELOPMENT THREAD: If Necessary
MANUFACTURER: Corellian Arms
MODEL: AFSG-IP51
AFFILIATION: Open Market
MODULARITY: No
PRODUCTION: Mass-Produced
MATERIALS: Standard Materials
CLASSIFICATION: Quad-Laser Cannon
SIZE: Ship-Mounted
LENGTH: 1.5 metres
WEIGHT: N/A
AMMUNITION TYPE: Particle Beam / Ion Laser
AMMUNITION CAPACITY: Theoretically infinite.
EFFECTIVE RANGE: Standard starship quad-laser range.
RATE OF FIRE: Standard starship quad-laser rate of fire.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Particle Beam lasers grant this cannon more intense and volatile beams which splash on impact. While not special on principal, it is noteworthy.
  • A switch is tied to this weapon which allows it to change from particle beam fire to ion cannon fire. These two modes cannot be used at once.
DESCRIPTION
The AFSG-IP51, or Anti-Fighter Starship Gun - Ion/Particle #51, is a next-generation combative weapon. Its two primary purposes of design are to bring particle beam technology into a new light, and to innovate conventional weapons design to reduce space and maximise functionality. There are no special materials, miniaturisation of components, or attempts to make a starship weapon feather-light and/or indestructible. Those are ultimately unrealistic obsessions that serve little functional purpose in a world where massive conical omens of destruction carry tens of thousands of crew members.

This quad-laser cannon's peak feature is its ability to toggle modes. In the past, an ion cannon and a laser turret had to exist separately. This created not only a very cluttered hull for a starship carrying anti-starfighter defences, but also structural weak points. More adornments on the hull, more cutouts, less structural integrity. This weapon serves to reduce that structural weakness on capitol-grade starships and allow a sleeker, more efficiently-designed hull.

For smaller ships where a quad-laser can be mounted, it appreciates weapons functionality, perhaps at the detriment of power draw (such a problem would vary greatly from ship to ship).

[OOC Note]
I imagine that this gun would be of a greater value than standard quad-lasers on a chart, considering that they are both particle beam and capable of firing ion cannons. Since a quad-laser is typically worth four laser cannons, I would estimate this one to be worth six to eight.

[SIZE=9pt]RESEARCH REVIEW[/SIZE]
[SIZE=9pt]-----[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review[/SIZE]
------
Star Wars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Crux Denko"]

Before we get started - Can you please put this in the correct format? Colors/Text is fine, but the standard format for submissions is required. The reason for this is that we would like to keep everything the same across the board. (All relative information in the same place, if someone were looking for a specific item on this submission.)

Thank you.

EmKay

[member="Pixel"]

Sure, give me a bit to do that. New rule? Nobody's ever mentioned it before..

Addition [10:07PM]: It's in the same order, just broken up. Is it fine or do you want me to un-categorise it?

Crux Denko said:
[member="Pixel"]

Sure, give me a bit to do that. New rule? Nobody's ever mentioned it before..

Addition [10:07PM]: It's in the same order, just broken up. Is it fine or do you want me to un-categorise it?
If you wouldn't mind uncategorizing it and such. It just makes it easier if someone else besides myself looks at it and is searching for something specific.

I appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks.

[member="Crux Denko"]

Additional: Can you also make the font bigger. Apparently this is hard to view, it might be the particular font.

Note: That is on the parts like: Intent, etc.

Thanks!

[member="Bianca"]

[member="Crux Denko"]

I see no issues with this submission, as it appears to be a standard quad laser with the ability to switch over to non-lethal.

[member="Raziel"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom