Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aethien (WIP)

Name: Aethien
Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Typically the Aether Realm
Language: Can communicate in all known general forms of communication, though not entirely fluent in all of them.
Average height of adults: 1.73 meters
Skin color: White or Black
Hair color: Normal human hair colors
Breathes: Can breathe most atmospheres
Strengths:
(+) Shrouded- immune to any form of mental manipulation (mind control, telepathy, etc.)
(+) Mystical- exceptionally skilled at any and all forms of magick, capable of casting spells and achieving magical feats others species can not
Weaknesses:
(-) Demonic- allergic to Demonsbane, which will cause it to often go into a state similar to humans having abnormally high fevers. Sweating, vomiting, nausea, incapacitation, etc.
(-) Physical- Due to prolonged and intense use of magic, this creature is weaker than the average human being, though not to the point of being frail or brittle
Distinctions: All human distinctions, except eyes may glow gold when experiencing any emotion in abundance
Average Lifespan: Does not die from natural causes (Ageless but by no means immortal)
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: 1
Diet: Omnivore, Allergic to Demonsbane.
Communication: Vocal, Telepathy, Dreams
Culture: Generally nomadic, never staying in one place. It sees the force in a full spectrum of colors like the Aing-Tii, rather than Light and Dark. Pretty much always stays force-neutral, though it can use both "Light" and "Dark" powers.
Technology level: Highly advanced, though not in the conventional sense. It has developed many diverse ways to use magick, helping it understand its working much better.
General behavior: Like previously mentioned, the species is totally nomadic. It doesn't typically like to bind itself to cause, mostly just fulfilling its own personal agenda. It shows a profound interest in all things supernatural, spending hours studying into oddities and such.
History: Nobody quite knows where the Aethiens came from (Though those that know of it say it came from the Aetherrealm).. Technically, nobody knows anything about this mysterious species. Its existence has never even been verified by the Galactic Council of Tangible Beings. This creature has journeyed throughout the galaxy and beyond, spending its days as a traveller. Some people on the holonet have created conspiracies surrounding its existence, making many false claims about it. Some say it's an angel, other say it's a demon. Some say it doesn't exist, some say it's an ancient mystical deity. Nothing is certain, and anything is possible...
Notable Player-Characters: SoonTM
Intent: To create a unique and fitting species for a new character.

(-) Unmistakable- In its true form, this creature generate mass waves of fear and draws unwanted attention to itself
(-) Emotional Impediment- This creature has a very hard time experiencing emotions as a normal person would
(-) Insanity- This creature chronically goes insane due to the power it wields
(-) Corruption- Due to the amount of darkness within, this being cannot be "good" or "light"

I like the name! However, the above are going to need a real overhaul. Judges over in the codex are almost certainly going to point out that these aren't really weaknesses, but more of veiled strengths interpreted as weakness or things that are more of a nuisance than anything else.

• For instance, the first one: I would just separate it in half. Mention in its strengths that it produces these waves of fear... but in the weaknesses highlight how it can no longer rely on its ability to use stealth, and/or highlight some exploitable vulnerability, some defection that could be targeted (damage to soul trap perhaps?)
  • Rather than an "emotional impediment", if you really wanted to keep it, frame more as a clinical depression or anxiety.
  • Instead of the typical "insanity", why not put it in the light that it will physically harm itself on its own will from time to time.
  • That last one really isn't a weakness at all, more like a limitation from an illogical scenario. If you want to go the corruption route, highlight the possible physical degradation that might occur from that over-saturation of power.

I'll come back with some more ideas, but these are the things I see immediately I decided to bring up.

[member="Zambrano the Hutt"]

I edited some stuff, removed stuff, and added a couple things (I'm still figuring out if the whole Nether thing is possible). However, I'm trying to think of more good weaknesses. I also kept the insanity thing, just because I think making him an emo demon be a bit weird :)

However, maybe I could add he has suicidal thoughts or something?

And what are your ideas for the soul trap?

[member="Zambrano the Hutt"]

Ok! So I kind of did a total reboot on this, making it less evil and god-like. I need at least one more weakness for it, but am having trouble. I don't want to do the whole "depression" thing any more, but a touch of insanity might still be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom