Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOGUN
00019010ce.gif

Te Veman was growing. It appeased Vilaz, but his satisfaction wasn't fulfilled. It would be, but that moment would come with Mandalore reclaimed and the Infernal dead with her regime. That fact alone annoyed Vilaz, and it was a great motivator to get things done in a quick fashion. Warriors of other clans, or newly converted recruits that weren't Mandalorian, joined their cause, pledging their swords to the ideals of the insurgents. Raids were being conducted, plundering loot of different currency: medical supplies, credits, munitions, anything that could help was stolen.

Again, things were going well but they lacked something.

Structure, hierarchy.

They had no central authority, or enforcers to make things efficient and stable. Politics and order were hated things by the Mandalorians, but the truth was that some of it revolved around their lives. Without some sense of laws, there would be anarchy. Chaos would seep through, destroying everything they had built.

Of course, Mandalorian laws weren't tightly regulated as they set in the stone appropriate laws they could abide with. Laws that prevented murder and other vices that could compromise someone and others. Necessity laws, not ones that were over zealous such as "civilized" governments.

And so Vilaz walked about a Mandalorian Temple they set up base on, finding Koda and give him some words of advice. He too heard that Fett declined the position of Sole Ruler, but the people talked about it and they wanted it.

[member="Koda Fett"]

5aa9da6697.gif
Warmth. It was difficult to come by within the temple on Shogun- tucked away into the mountains, raging storms of snow billowing on the exterior as harsh winds crept through each and every crevice. If not for the internal temperature control of a Mandalorian's armour, they might simply freeze to death. Fires had existed, spread throughout in a bid to create something, but it was never going to be enough. Te Veman had chosen their isolation, and it was unlikely any who sought them were to believe they were going to shield themselves in such an inhospitable region of the planet.

Fett sat against a slab of stone, leaning over with a Carbine between his legs-- the butt of it resting against the flooring --whilst an inspective gaze, from behind a T-Visor, scanned each and every detail. Koda gripped the muzzle whilst a clothed hand shifted down the barrel. Ever meticulous, always demanding the best.

Sole Ruler wasn't a title he was prepared to take, and so, yes, he denied it. It hardly made sense, a band of exiles fitting to take on an Empire. Sole Ruler, perhaps of them, but not all. Perhaps with time may he be prepared to take it, but for now he remained as a Warlord. It had been, after all, the only thing he knew.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

When first hearing Fett declining such position, Vilaz was a bit surprised and then wasn’t. Koda was apathetic about some things, but he remembered him as the man challenging Yasha for the mantle. So why now decline? He did hear his reasoning why, though Vilaz saw it as an excuse.

Different perspective of course. Something that both him and Ronan shared when Koda explained why he denied being Sole Ruler. Their opinions disagreed with each other; however, Vilaz didn’t had the opportunity to consult with Koda up until now. Ronan did and stated that the House with its clans would follow Koda into war...as equals. Not as king and warrior. There were a few Mand’alors Vilaz could truly devote his sword and life to, one being the Undying. It was unfortunate he disappeared, but there was hope for someone to succeed him and trample the Infernal.

Was Koda a Mandalorian the Munin could do the same as the Undying?

Yes, he would.

But feth’s sakes the clone would have to change some things about himself, starting with his ideals on the mantle.

The Concordian spotted the Bounty Hunter sitting on some stone, inspecting his carbine making sure it was in excellent conditions. Everywhere he went he always cradled that weapon. Did he sleep with it at night?

”Koda,” Vilaz said to the Fett while approaching him.

”Got some moments to kill?”

[member="Koda Fett"]

​It was likely. Regarding the Carbine, that is.

Fett was nothing short of arrogant and ignorant, and every sliver of doubt he received as a leader was more than deserving. A Bounty Hunter may have lead Mandalorians before, but they were Mandalorians before they were Bounty Hunters. That, however, was not the case when it came to Koda Fett. His name stretched far, it spread wide, and it was the only real thing he cared for. Perhaps in recent times he had a changed, but not a whole lot. He hadn't sound reasoning to his cause- not for the people, but for himself, for Jango. That might have been for those that were no longer with them, the one's who once possessed the blood that stained the cracks in the marble, those that had stained other's with their ash-made figures.

He always made a poor Mandalorian.

The Bounty Hunter made Warlord shifted his helmeted head, the T-Visor and eyes beneath it had done the same. "Ts'on your mind?" He briefly questioned, returning his gaze to the Carbine that he wasn't quite sure was in immaculate condition despite it seeming as such. It was the closest thing he had to a child now.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

”I’ve heard from Ronan on your position on the mantle,” the Concordian said going right at the topic. Made no sense to have needless talk that was just filibuster. Waste of time and saliva, he was no politician or the Infernal. He rather have his fist speak for himself than syllables. Of course, not everything could be resolved with violence. A pity, though he understood that.

”Enlighten me if you can on why.”

And it had better be a legitimate reason than an excuse.

What was the difference between those words? Reason and excuse. The way Vilaz saw it was that an excuse was just to place the blame on someone else or liberate oneself from faults and responsibilities. A reason, on the other hand, was one recognizing failures and understanding how they got there in the first place.

Or at least that’s how the Munin saw it. Others had their own interpretations when comparing them.

So what was the reason, he wondered.

[member="Koda Fett"]

Fett retained his attention upon his own Blaster. It had seemed the way. The Bounty Hunter hadn't turned to face Vilaz, not even as he spoke this time. Yet, he listened, predetermining where it was that this line of thought or query was, roughly, going. There was an answer he formulated several times, answered it less than expected.

It began with a shrug, "I'm not as Mandalorian​ as you're lead to believe, Munin." Koda allowed a pause, raising the weapon, resting it across his legs as further inspection and cleaning persisted. "I can't take that title." He turned towards Vilaz for the briefest of moments, "Not yet." He explained, returning to his gear.

That had been his reasoning. He didn't quite care for what others had thought, he had his principles and they weren't changing. Not anytime soon, that is. He could be proud of his own stance, unwilling to move from it. It seemed respectable, or so he thought. Perhaps it was the opposite. Koda failed to understand so much, and so it should hardly come as a surprise.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

”But you are Mandalorian and that is enough to suffice. There’s no such thing as being ‘as’ Mandalorian. You either are or you aren’t,” the Munin said to the infamous Mandalorian Bounty, trying to counter his argument. Did he saw that as a reason?

No, he didn’t but that was his perspective. He just saw it as an excuse. There were many, many warriors that could challenge for the mantle, but they chose not to and it wasn’t simply because they weren’t ‘as’ Mandalorian. They all had a chance to do it and could be victorious as long as the people cheered in approval.

And Koda was certainly one that they could earn their cheers.

”There has to be a concrete reason why, Koda. Those aren’t to me or to anyone.”

As shown with Ronan that wasn’t swayed by Fett’s motives.

”You have to make a move. Our culture doesn’t work like the aruetiise where titles and positions are given from the people. No, you must fight for it and prove to the rest that you are the strongest; and only the strongest rules them all.”

It was the way how things work. Plain and simple.

[member="Koda Fett"]

"Hmph." The Bounty Hunter had huffed in fickle amusement whilst his head began to shift from both left and right with the most subtle of movements. He hadn't offered Vilaz, a man far wiser than himself, so much as a glance. Fett remained occupied with his Carbine; inspecting and cleaning an item he viewed as essential to himself. It had become a staple of his arsenal, and as recognisable as his armour, too. It had to be functioning at all times, no? It hadn't mattered much, though, for Koda raised it upwards before making use of the sling that allowed it to rest over his shoulder with ease. He provided Munin with the attention he deserved afterwards.

Fett sat within relative silence for a lingering moment. "I don't need a title. I never claimed to be the strongest, the smartest, the most experienced; I had an opportunity bestowed upon me, and here we are." His voice was calm through the helmet synthesisers. Fett believed every word he spoke.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Still wasn’t buying what Koda said. Vilaz couldn’t see something he agreed with from Fett’s arguments. Even if he had said he just wasn’t interested, Vilaz wouldn’t be content with that as Koda declared himself a Warlord and saying he couldn’t take the mantle just yet. The Concordian was grateful nevertheless that a man with eloquent skills as Koda joined the fight against the Empire.

The Bounty Hunter finished inspecting his carbine, now giving Vilaz proper attention as he looked at him with his helmet on. He wondered if he ever got proper sun on his face to prevent malnutrition that could cause paleness and dryness in one’s face.

”But that opportunity is still present,” he replied back to Koda, opposing what he had said.

”Let’s take a walk,” and gestured with his head towards the hallways of this ancient Mandalorian temple.

”What little do you know of me, Fett?”

[member="Koda Fett"]

The Mandalorian had begun to stand. His hand clasped around the sling at his shoulder, thumb tucked beneath it. His other, meanwhile, idly swung by his side. Fett had, truthfully, grown tired of such questions. They weren't rare, few and far between one another, but instead consistent. A barrage of words, and words he hadn't cared for. It did, however, force upon mild introspection. Fett had agreed for selfish reasons, he sought the reclamation of Mandalore from these 'pretenders', as he may call them, for his own legacy- for his 'father'. It gave him drive, motivation, but did any of that truly matter? He hadn't a clue.

"Mand'alor." His helmeted head twitched to the side, "Warlord. Alor." He briefly cast his T-Visor towards Munin, "Ties with the Sith." That had been all he knew of Munin. There were stories grand and rumors tall, but they always existed. Rumors had never been anything Koda indulged himself in. So often construed variations of the truth.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

He was all four of those things Koda mentioned as they walked, and Vilaz was proud of them. During his tenure of the mantle, not many appreciated his methods in doing things but he managed to make some accomplishments during his reign. Wasn’t the best, nor the worst. Just average, maybe above average.

Just maybe.

”Correct, we share some things common, Fett,” the Munin replied back as they furthered into the Temple, the sounds of talk and work of the others slowing losing volume with each step they took. To where they walked? Nowhere exactly, though they’d be graced with ancient art and sculptures decorating these halls. Funny that a people hungry for war they’d have some affinity to the arts.

”Tell me, Koda. Do you not challenge for the mantle because you think you are not worthy? What’s so different between now and the Red Coronation? I don’t think you’ve lost interest in it.”

”What is the truth?

[member="Koda Fett"]

The Bounty Hunter had, initially, offering nothing shy of a shrug of his shoulders and the slightest tilt of his helmeted head. It had been in a moment of dismissal, really. Perhaps it were true that Fett and Munin shared such similarities, but he was never willing to make it so. He held such a firm belief that he was an individual and that nobody was akin to himself. They shared ties, yes, and a title. Had it been any more than that? No, not to Fett.

"I opposed Mantis. I did not challenge for that mantle." Koda had stated, rather sure of himself. "I am a hunter of man, a killer, and a begrudging leader. If such a position is thrust upon myself, then I will accept it in the same manner." His Visor peered left and right, inspecting those very things that plagued the walls, the floors, and ceilings.

History. And they were to make their own.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

"If I had a credit for every Mandalorian saying that, I'd be rich," the Concordian said with a snort. Every generation of Mandalorians always had that same excuse. "I'm not worthy for it" which was a classic. Or the "I'll do it if the people want me to". Good, but not as great as the former. A dime-a-dozen where of many Mandalorians that refused to challenge for the mantle.

Did Vilaz ever felt worthy when challenging for the mantle and claiming it? No, he didn't. He stood up because he believed his vision would further lead his people to greatness. Of course, things didn't went that way after dealing with a cataclysm and the Mandalorians divided once again. His tenure was average at best, but nothing as stellar like Ra or the Ultimate.

"But you challenged her when she sat on that throne, making her seem above us and our Sole Ruler. What do you call that then?" Still challenging Koda's beliefs.

"I feel like there's something in you, but you try to drown it. Almost like you want to be something, but just outright run away from it. Something you're afraid of?"

[member="Koda Fett"]

It'd been common. Yes. But it'd been the truth. Fett had no desire to become their Mand'alor, he had no desire to become their Warlord, for he was nothing more than an infamous and fabled Bounty Hunter. It was Preliat Mantis who took to persuasion, thrusting a responsibility towards Koda as if it were the sole reason he required to exist. Everyone had a reason of their own, and Fett's had been through legacy. He intended on reinforcing dear old Jango's, and by proxy, Jaster Mereel's. It might be then, of all times, that Jango-- from beyond the grave --could truly consider Koda a rightful son. It was all in a vain attempt to provide self-satisfaction.

He paused; ceasing to move. There was silence that filled between the two as Fett outrightly refused to answer for a few sparring moments. "And what's that?" He questioned, a brow lofted beneath his helmet as a suspicious expression began to stretch across his features. If he ran, he didn't know what from. Fett had known too well that he feared nothing- not even death. But allowing yourself to be killed is foolish, or so he claimed.

[member="Vilaz Munin"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom