Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Absinthe Aing-Tii

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absinthe Aing-Tii

3825fac498223b115feed882e02b14c1.jpg

Image Source: HERE
Intent: A high end, elite, and thematic product for the distillery.
Development Thread: If Needed
Manufacturer: Rywens Distillery
Model: Absinthe Aing-Tii Batch No. 001
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Highly, in a certain fashion, with after-market mixers & flavorings, etc...
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Various Herbs & Botanicals, Pure Galtean Sugar, Green Anise, Leaves & Flowers of Dathomirian Wormwood, Sweet Fennel, Nettles
Description:
  • Colour: A light green, obtained from colouration with nettles.
  • Aroma Before Water: A clear and clean aroma, which shows that the wine alcohol base is of good quality. You can smell an array of herbs.
  • Louche: Quick and beautiful. Not at all comparable with the other pretenders to such vintages! You can immediately tell that there wasn’t too much star anise added to the composition.
  • Aroma After Water: After water is added (Recommendation: A 1:4 ration is ideal), the herbal notes emerge, especially grand wormwood and green anise. They are accompanied by a few other herbs, which are rather unusual and difficult to define. Maybe the reason for this are the nettles which are used during colouration.
  • Taste: Green anise and wormwood are on the forefront. I taste slightly spicy notes, I think because of the star anise. However, compared to the prior attempts to replicate and recreate this Katholian drink, the star anise is much more balanced this time. All other herbal notes that I noticed in the aroma are also there – but I find it difficult to judge their quality.
  • Finish: Nice length with clear herbs. Wine alcohol adds a certain fruity note to the absinthe, which I find quite pleasant. The sweet share of the taste is probably due to the green anise.
  • Overall: Rywens' made their way back to the roots of real absinthe, and its values. The “new” bottle design still strongly reminds me of the previous attempts with the sleek, organic aesthetic, but the taste and quality are not at all comparable. This is simpler compared to other brews of the same kind, but is designed as a test market run to gauge interest.
Primarily, this brew originated in the Kathol Outback, rumored to have been brewed by the Aing-Tii themselves at first. The recipe has been altered over time, changed and warped, but Julius (in his role as Master Distiller of Rywens) happened upon a few bottles of it in his time with the Monks. The recipe was closely researched and reverse engineered as much as possible. However, resulting brews replicated from that were reputed to cause aural disturbances, auditory hallucinations and more.

So the recipe was turned and tuned down to be more easily acceptable by the mass market, and the reports of continued hallucinations and psychosis are taken as largely exaggerations. So with the new, reverted brew being more easily accepted by most, Rywens began to bottle and sell it as much as possible, hoping for it to become the drink of the intellectual elite throughout the galaxy just like the original was so many centuries ago.

Overall the bottle is white milk-glass in flowing, almost crustacean shapes, a pale green and gold label with sky-blue detailing. It is capped and sealed in pale green wax with a gold ribbon with the ribbon containing an electrum coin with the Rywens logo. The bottle also comes in a fine box of local wood from Galtea (similar to a fragrant pine), lined in velvet. Each package comes with an instruction booklet on recommended mixing, proportions, methods of preparation and serving and the like.

Note: Rywens assumes no responsibility for any mishaps or misadventures whilst under the influence of any of its' products and reminds consumers to drink responsibly.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Glavo Pahro"]

Well this is entertaining. i don't see any problems here. If you could just find the original source of the image rather than linking straight to the image itself, that'd be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom